How much money do ghost writers make???

Tallhane

I know its going to vary, depending on a variety of variables. Does it depend on who they're making a song for, if that song blows up to a mainstream type song? How much do they make per song? Are any of you ghost writers?

Tallhane
http://www.tallhane.com

Last edited:
how do you get a job as a ghost writer? cause i think i have a style of writing better than 90% of rappers that always rap in similies and metaphors but aren't saying anything

The pay rate varies. Usually you'll make more writing for an artist that's on a label or has more of a buzz than you will just writing for a relative unknown.

I've made $140 a song, down to what I charge now which is $1.25 a line.

I will tell you, you pretty much have to be able to flow to ghostwrite. You have to provide reference vocals to your clients that will tell them how you intended the words to fit. Also, you can't build a portfolio. The only examples of your work you can show others is your own work. Everything I do for clients is entirely confidential, makes it a hard service to build by word of mouth.

Good luck,

-E.

ET Science

You must make some good money?

I'm curious, how can you ever get a opportunity to work with big artists if you can't showcase your work ?

Tallhane

Last edited:
ET Science

You must make some good money?

I'm curious, how can you ever get a opportunity to work with big artists if you can't showcase your work ?

Tallhane

The best way to advertise is to be a recording artist yourself. I rely on using my own music as examples to gain new clients.

-E.

but. thing is if u sell a song to sumone for 140 or w.e nd u hav no royalites. den dat song cud blow the **** up nd u hav jus 125 dollas. depends who u selling to nd where the song cud go.
but E is def correct in sense of u gotta b able to use a vareity of flows. cuz u cant ghostwrite for sumone nd hav him sound exactly like u. lol wuddnt b cool.lol ppl are generally looking for radio material wen dey want sumthin ghostwritten.
check my track out
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359313
my old tape
http://www.datpiff.com/LAMBO_Truly_Gifted_Vol1.m174245.html

Get a foot in the door of the industry and talk to dudes. Everyone now a days seems to strictly be a performer (save a few), I bet a lotta cats shit is ghostwritten

Hello, i am looking for great and serious Agencies, where can i find jobs as a Ghostwriter - do you have any Adress? I read a lot of good Articles about Acad-Write. Do you know that Agency?

Last edited:
It's kind of like producing. You have to make your own lane. I'm sure E.T. will attest that you just have to network, connect, get your name out, and like he said let your work speak for itself. You need to meet people doing what you want to do, and just focus on writing and building your arsenal.

Ha lol I always wondered this as well because if I never make it I am sure that the lines I come up with are on par with any rapper out now. Well at least better than most and on par with at least 80% of the complex rappers that I consider lyrical.

that depends on your creativity and how much you are innovative in your ideas and can create interest among viewers and readers

It is a great source of additional income, but I wouldn't rely on it entirely. On the flip side, if you are the ghostwriter to an artist who hits it big, you can continue to write for them and ideally go along for the ride.

Music is one of those things that I truly believe you have to have many revenue streams to live off of, especially when you are just starting out. Ghostwriting, credited writing, sync licensing, consulting, producing, renting studio time, etc.

-E.

Back