How Do You Lot Get Inspiration For Your Topics

sometime it just hits you like BBAM that's a good song :o then other times you have to look for inspiration but i mean it's not all ways hard

Wow!!!!!!!!

sometimes it comes to you like an epiphany (t-pain new CD also) and your lik !#@$ thats the %$#@ right there!

when im riding the yellow bus we get hyphy.

Naa its bascially the world and life.
personal issues. depression brings out real tracks aswell.

Yh at the moment I'm doing a bit of research into lyric writing, trying to become more versatile and do alot more with my music

Be Open and Know when to stop

I have found that EVERYTHING can be inspiring. Most of us don't stop and really listen or experience the moment or the sounds that are always around us we block it out. If you try to remain open to even things which seem to have nothing to do with composing, you might be suprised to find that say a painting technique would be really exciting to try by adapting it sonically. If this is your life or at least a huge part of what you like to do then the correlations, will start becoming noticeable. It's almoset like a spider web starts forming connecting things that seem to have nothing to do with music. I call this the Zen way of getting inspired. Listen to music styles you might not even know about, or like and you might be suprised to see that a certain style of beats or melody inspire you. Do a cut up... In literature it's where you write something and cut it up and randomly re-arrange it, intersting ideas and phrases come out of it, and you can do it musically too. I use other peoples samples minimally but sometime a loop can really get you moving and it might not even be similiar. Don't censor yourself at all, if you have an idea that is bad or that you know won't work, that's fine a bad idea is still an idea so give yourself credit for that. Don't overthink things, your first idea is often the best one so don't turn a good idea into crap by revising it too much... Close your eyes and Listen to what you are doing instead of looking at the midi data or sampe info or whatever. Don't burn yourself out! This is not only common but almost all of us do it. I spend 8 hours a day at my computer sometimes, get up and do something that has nothing to do with music, try to go outdoors, take a walk just get away from your work and you might be suprised to find that out of nowhere inspiration strikes, you might be laying out in the sun reading a novel and all of a sudden you know how to solve a music problem or where to begin. Get some sort of recording device that is very portable, inspiration for me strikes at anytime. I have woken up and can remember a melody that was in my dream! Well instead or rolling over and going back to bed, Record quickly whatever melody rhythm or idea you have, make this something that ony you listen too so you can sing or try to make weird noises just whatever it takes to translate the idea temporarily quickly and so that YOU can understand your own audio notes. Take a break, you can't force this stuff, it will come but who knows when so make sure you can always record this audio ideas even if you have to hum into a recprder and make strange noises,:D The main point is make sure that when inspiration does strike you will be able to capture that moment.
MAW

3p Productions said:
sometimes it comes to you like an epiphany (t-pain new CD also) and your lik !#@$ thats the %$#@ right there!
or it comes like he says

You get inspiration from things you're inspired by, which can be anything that life throws at you. I love to pay attention to signs and hunches that come to me when i'm producing music. It's more of a natural feeling you get.

I carry a Moleskine with me everywhere since I started writting at the age of 12. Usually I write poetry and lines without thinking of them as lyrics. Just writing whatever I feel like at the moment, or a nice idea of a line, or anything that comes to mind. The important thing is to put it on paper. When I really sit down to write lyrics to a song, after thinking about how the vocals would sound like, I usually take a full poem and work it out into the melody OR I pick up nice phrases from various poems that make sense together and sound nice. This way I never run out of ideas for nice lyrics.

MorphineRoberts...when you say those rap veterans styles thrive on mathematics, what do you mean exactly. Are you saying the flow is calculated, so it fits perfectly in time with a beat or that it is free flowed?

Explain...cos I think I'm wrong lol

And where can I get the Wu Tang Manual, I wouldn't mind readin that
Not mathematics in the classical sense, 5% ideology...think Kabbalah

i use my life and thoughts on what life has been like so far. my hope is to find people who can relate and not feel alone

Back