How do you learn to rap

Get a tutor. Join a movement, they should help you out. Other than that, make moves and practise. Just learn to hustle. It's all I can tell you man.

what exactly do you want to learn? books may be able to provide you with some term definitions and stuff like that (virtually all of which can be found online or by asking somebody), but the best way to learn is to practice, like the previous member suggested. try to find some ppl, perhaps on here, whose work you respect and ask them for tips relating to the topic you wish to understand. what i have found is that a single individual may not be able to answer every question and/or provide definite answers; however, i feel that a practiced synthesis and personal inspection of said answers will provide you with a better and more cultured understanding of things. Feel free to ask me if you have any specific questions.

Like everyone else said, it takes a lot of time and practice. You gotta be willing to work on it everyday.

Get in the habit of writing non stop without judging yourself. Remember you dont have to use everything you write, as long as you keep your brain functioning on that level.

Start freestyling, whether by yourself or with some friends. It'll advance your ability to come up with things on the fly. Also the realtime feedback from your friends (also a crowd during a show) can either boost your confidence, or let you know when you need to go back to the drawing board.

First you need the metaphor and your own swag.

Next you need to study artist that you like. (Jay-z, Lil Flip, T.I,Nas, OLD SCHOOL LEGENDS,) but I guess it depends on what you mean by hard. do you want the new york, west coast or down south type of music style or a combination?
If you wanna get lyrical study Slick Rick, KRS-1, The Game, Nas, Jay-Z, Jadakiss and Maybe MObb Deep.

Next: You need to have confidence in your self

Next: Find a producer who believes in you and not only believes in you for your money.

Next: Plan out your budget for shows or what not

Next: Determine if you wanna really take it serious and do shows or just wanna be a youtube or myspace artist. there are people that do not want to be in the industry

Next: Record some music of your liking not because the beat was free.

Next: Practice the arts of hip hop; lyricism, metaphors and killer punchlines, swag/style.

Last piece of advice: do not diss someone unless they diss you first. not at all if you don't get better

i started off the same with poetry then progressed from there, but id say study the greats listen to a wide variety too and just keep writing, record yourself, and freestyle it'll help u when u get writers block, help out your flow and pen game in general

just have to be ambitious with the passion to fuel it. lol don't know if that's worded right...

Cypher circles. Meet up every week, practice. Read the dictionary, develop a vocabulary. The fact that you were looking to an Ebook to learn how to rap as your first thought instantly made me sick to my stomach..

Elements of rhyme

its flow cadence delivery
and knowledge spoken word
and powerful voice
its tone and a good topic coupled with a good music beats
that hynoptically send everyone in a trance while you drop your knowledge

listen to mixtapes, freewrite study artists
trey songz he was a rapper first study
his mixtapes then and now lemmeholdatbeat
cross reference with jay nas KRS
YOU MUST LEARN!
check the flow on MCs act like they dotn know
and crminal minded
STUDY RAKIM

drink it in
whats your message?

how will yoy develop your style writng
can you bust off the top of the dome?
or you need to write it down?

what are you passionate about ?

pick atopic and just go with it

ie chuck d
i got so much problems on my mind .......
go with it
:hello:
then write your own rhyme to you favorite beat
or instrumental
lstein to the melody when theres no melody
thats the birth of a rhyme

Class is in session ! :cheers:

Back