ghaw2007's Lyrics

Worthy

Aim high, the gutter is dirty / you're beautiful / act free, slavery is suicide / you're always worthy / think deep, dumbness is shameful / you're born to strive for excellence / be healthy, sickness is terrible / you're meant to build and replicate / be well, sanity is crucial / you're always precious / express emotions, stiffness is boring / you're alive to be vibrant

In the midnight hour, the
[*] hate you / when it's time to work, the self-haters hate you / when it's time to chill, you know how to find your bruhs

Hey, you can be pure and fine / you can be a winner / you can be appreciative of all the good

Aim high, the gutter is dirty / you're beautiful / act free, slavery is suicide / you're always worthy / think deep, dumbness is shameful / you're born to strive for excellence / be healthy, sickness is terrible / you're meant to build and replicate / be well, sanity is crucial / you're always precious / express emotions, stiffness is boring / you're alive to be vibrant

In the midnight hour, the
[*] hate you / when it's time to work, the self-haters hate you / when it's time to chill, you know how to find your bruhs

Hey, you shouldn't drown yourself in misery / you shouldn't cry tears of pain / you shouldn't waste away your time and energy / Hey, you can be serious and tough / you can be calm and whole / you can be true to yourself and the rest of the world

Aim high, the gutter is dirty / you're beautiful / act free, slavery is suicide / you're always worthy

Written by B. (Wednesday, June 20, 2018) Copyright 2018

Mo'gelin Wit U

Verse 1: You've got skin and hair for the sun / clean and natural / rockin thoughts and moves with classic confidence / I know more about u than u know of me / I'd like for that to change / to be in the same range as far as sanity is concerned / with many lessons learned, wisdom has been instilled / I'm not foolish like other dudes / got discipline and more / join me to explore my vibes and observations / on various topics with a willingness to learn things

Verse 2: With chaos and confusion, misery and malice, dirt and danger / it's hard to distinguish between friend and foe / one has to move delicately in rough zones to avoid drama / or at least lessen its impact / baggage of the past infiltrates thoughts and mood / like a silent intruder, compromising situations without detection / outside the usual scope of awareness / we can be better than elders / cleaning up their messes / not letting their ways infect us like viruses / being the healers we deserve / to restore ourselves to wholeness, to naturalness

Chorus: I've been thinkin bout mo'gelin wit u / u run around often in my head / the influence of sound is slowly creepin in / we can create another realm for us / where we can be our truest selves in every way

Written by B. (Saturday, June 30, 2018) Copyright 2018

The Star of Downtown

Verse 1: Broke and desperate, wanting a peace of everything / beautiful and ambitious in a defiant way / underground with the hustlers and marginalized / no time for pumping brakes or dealing with flakes / with good chops and fierceness / I'll be called upon by haters and lovers alike / if I were boring, then I'd be ignored

Verse 2: Rolling my eyes at wannabes and geezers / if they're not compelling / they should be kicked off the stage / I bring the spice and salsa / I bring the drama with chips / going over, inside, under your heads in one fell swoop / if colour is energy, then I'll soak in rainbows

Verse 3: I don't need magic or luck / for you to crave my hunger / you've been denied an essential part of life for too long / my fabulousness is a modern wonder of art and life / it taps into a rising consciousness for love of self / a perfect sensation to cultivate and maintain / integrity and passion wrapped in a beautiful package / what's controversial is refusal to look to the future

Chorus: Give the
[*] and freaks exactly what they want from me / give the poets and punks exactly what they want from me / incredible style and
[*] attitude / designates me as the star of downtown (I'm a proud
[*])

Written by B. (Saturday, March 24, 2018) Copyright 2018

Johnny, Come Home

Verse 1: I'm sorry for treating you like a kid / Sometimes I would talk down to you / Respecting you is what I should have done / I didn't take your feelings into account / I hope you can find a way to forgive me / I am truly sorry

Verse 2: I'm sorry for yelling at you / When you upset me, I got angry / There are many reasons why I want you here with me / You are like the brother I never had / That is the honest truth

Bridge: I'm the only one who loves you / That's one of the things I can give to you / If you let me have a second chance / Everything between us will improve

Chorus 1: Johnny, come home, I miss you / Let us talk things out / I am really worried about you / This is where you belong

Chorus 2: Johnny, come home, I miss you / Let us talk things out / I am really worried about you / This is where you belong / I am waiting for you / When you return, I will change / That's my promise to you

Written by B. (Saturday, May 1, 2004) Copyright 2004

Under Suspicion

Verse 1: Privacy no longer exist for me / My life is like an open book / Everything that I do is monitored and analyzed / Whether I like it or not / I'm afraid of doing something wrong / If I do, I will be punished

Verse 2: Sometimes I know exactly when they are staring at me / I can feel their presence / Even when they're not in the same room as me / When I go to sleep / I'm almost afraid of even dreaming

Bridge: I've been accused of breaking the law / I know that I have done no such thing / Nobody believes me when I tell them / I'm even starting to think that I'm guilty

Chorus 1: I know that I'm under suspicion / Every move I make is being watched closely / Every single word that I utter is being listened to / I'm living under a microscope

Chorus 2: I know that I'm under suspicion / Many of my freedoms are limited / This nightmare is lasting longer than I thought / Clearing my name seems to be impossible

Written by B. (Sunday, May 2, 2004) Copyright 2004

Iceman

Everybody has a heart / but mine is different / it's surrounded by ice / it's the type that ever melts / there's a winter storm inside of me / everything is either white or cold / an iceman is what I really am

I can't remember if I was ever filled with joy / I can't even remember the last time that I smiled / years have gone by but it's only now that I'm noticing a change in me / could it be that ice and snow have always been a part of my life? / if so, I have no way of proving it

I may be the modern day version of king midas / everything I touch doesn't turn to gold / it turns to ice instantly

Everybody has a heart / Mine is surrounded by ice / there's a winter storm inside of me / I don't have a sense of feeling / winter is the only season that I know / the coldness of the air has no effect on me / everything inside me is either white or cold / an iceman is what I truly am / I can see, smell, taste and hear / but when I touch something, I don't feel anything / when I touch something, it turns to ice / I can't even remember the last time that I smiled / maybe ice and snow have always been a part of me / I am an iceman

Written by B. (Thursday, December 13, 2001) Copyright 2001

Some Girls

Verse 1: Some girls want daddy's attention / Some girls need his affection / They yearn and strive for both / But they are neglected / Some girls act out in the worst way / With drugs, sex, and alcohol / Throw in a bit of rock and roll / And that is the worst mix / Some girls wish that they were still a child / Because they can't handle the pressure of being a teenager

Verse 2: Some girls think that they are fat / Some girls think they're ugly / The media ans society present false body images / Some develop eating disorders / Some exercise to the extreme / And some commit suicide / Thinking that's the solution / Some girls wish that they had a friend / Because there is no one that they can relate to / That they can confide in

Bridge: Some girls wish that they could just be happy / Some girls wish that they were seen as being normal / Some girls just want to live

Chorus 1: Some girls end up on the streets / Selling themselves for money / They get into a cycle of abuse / And have a hard time getting out / Some are damaged beyond repair / Some need to be saved from themselves / They are tired and scared, they are lonely / Some don't know where to turn for help / Some of these girls might have been an acquaintance to you / Some of these girls might even be related to you

Chorus 2: Some girls end up on the streets / Selling themselves for money / They get into a cycle of abuse / And have a hard time getting out / Some are damaged beyond repair / Some need to be saved from themselves / They are tired and scared, they are lonely / Some don't know where to turn for help / Some of these girls might have been an acquaintance to you / Some of these girls might even be related to you / Some of these girls work with you every day / Some of these girls go to church / And kneel down and pray for a better life

Written by B. (Tuesday, May 4, 2004) Copyright 2004

Hard To Be Good

Verse 1: Sometimes it's hard for me to be good / When people get in my face, I lose my temper / I try to be a better person / And whenever I am not, I try again / Up until this point, I have yet to succeed

Verse 2: Sometimes I take things that aren't mine / And if I don't return them / It's because I lost them / I talk behind people's back / I say negative things about them / Some are even lies / Maybe that's why I don't have any friends

Bridge: Improving myself is what I'm trying to do / But it is harder than I thought / Being mean is part of me / Causing trouble is what I do / Being good is what I've never been

Chorus 1: It is hard for me to be good / Because it's easier to be rude / I am shy bordering on anti-social / I'm working on being more approachable / It's a continuous process

Chorus 2: It is hard for me to be good / Because it's easier to be rude / I am shy bordering on anti-social / I'm working on being more approachable / It's a never-ending process

Imagination

Verse 1: Imagination, sweet imagination / During the day I get lost in my mind / Hours go by with thoughts in my head / I know I should be doing work instead / But I feel so good whenever I'm dreaming

Verse 2: Imagination, cool imagination / During the evening I dance upon the stars / Hours go by with thoughts in my head / I know I should be sleeping instead / But I feel so lucky whenever I'm dreaming / Imagination, wonderful imagination / I am inspired to try something new / Hours go by with thoughts in my bed / I know I should be with friends instead / But I feel so blessed whenever I'm dreaming

Bridge: I close my eyes, then visions appear in my mind / Some are so clear that they seem very real to me / I'm walking on clouds, swimming with the dolphins / Or spending my time with you / Imagination takes me on an unforgettable journey

Chorus: I am taken far away to a magical place / And I hope that you'll join me sooner or later / You don't know what I'm going through / When I'm thinking about you / Sometimes I would even forget just where I am / I can take a trip around the world / Then fly to the moon / I can do anything with imagination

I Want To Tell You

Verse 1: Every time when you show affection to me / I turn you away saying that I'm not in the mood / I always thin that I am better than you / Understanding your feelings is complicating and exhausting

Verse 2: Pushing you away is like slapping you in the face / And putting you down is like kicking you in the gut / I am hurting inside, I want you to feel the same way / Withholding many things from you is what I have always done / I find it hard to trust you

Bridge: Half of me is consumed with anger / The other half remains despondent / I don't know how to give you what you need / Without being the person that I am

Chorus: I want to tell you / That I don't love you / Even though I said I did / I want to tell you / That I don't want to be with you / Even though I promised that I would / I want to tell you so many things

Written by B. (Tuesday, May 11, 2004) Copyright 2004

Change My Life

Verse 1: I spoke with you every day / I confided in you / Then when bad things happened to me / I blamed you for causing them / I wanted you to fix all my problems / And when you couldn't, I was disappointed / I thought that you no longer loved me / So I began to act out / Many of my actions led me into trouble / And I take full responsibility for each of them

Verse 2: I was told to never forget about the past / And I was told to always remember my mistakes / Being the stubborn person that I was / I did the opposite of what I was told / I have so many regrets about myself / And the way that I treated others / I realize that what I did was wrong / And I have apologized to those involved / Now I'm asking for your forgiveness / You are the one that I have hurt the most

Bridge: The time came for me to start living again / Being closer to you is what I intend to do / I was wasting time just by being selfish / Your love for me is what I need to acknowledge / I'm placing my life in your hands / With you, I can change my life

Chorus: I need your help to change my life / That is why I've turned to you / I know that I have pushed you away / I was ashamed of you / I am truly sorry for the pain I have inflicted / And for all the lies I have told / I have committed myself to being a better person / Because I want to change my life

A Good Gentleman

Verse 1: Shake that
[*], mister melanin / let the hot vibrations roll through your skin / with candy lips and meat on bones / your appeal is more vibrant than all the colours combined / it's your words, it's your movements / that makes you bolder than anyone I know / I'm a fan of your shows / those you touch are energized and transformed into better beings / your gifts are unique as they are displayed with confidence / thank you for sharing them

Verse 2: You're not afraid of anything / as you walk fast and tall with appropriate posture / you go toe to toe with all your foes / when it's necessary, punches are not pulled / your aggressiveness is welcoming in times of softness and acquiescence / chumps and cowards should be inspired by your fortitude, by your intelligence / I know that I am / they say that life is hard/ but somehow you make it look like it's simple and care-free / you have the ability to be young and energetic / the art of living has been mastered

Verse 3: You exhibit joy and curiosity / for the things that move and those which are still / has anyone ever told you / that you're an unusual creature? / there clearly is a reason for you to breathe among us / we need your continuous supply of awesomeness / its growing light is a wonder

Chorus: This is a song for
[*] / a good gentleman from the
[*] / an avid soccer and hockey fan / an effective father and caring husband / we love you,
[*]

Written by B. (Sunday, November 25, 2018) Copyright 2018

The Type

Verse 1: What a remarkable sight to experience / I am drawn to the fascinating worlds you inhabit / your words and movements are naturally colourful and rhythmic / they can tame the fiercest creature / and give life to the non-existent / scorching electricity is what you have in abundance / gently touch my skin and stir up my blood

Verse 2: What is continuous with you are joy and peace / your very own brand of a self-created paradise / useful vibrations attach themselves to people, places, and things / multiplying in good order and creating profound legacies / as great as the stars in the sky / many have wished upon / closer to perfection with critical knowledge and confidence / teach me how to live honestly and completely

Verse 3: You understand how to use your purpose like a shield and sword / protecting what you cherish while cutting through obstacles / like a plant surrounded by fire and pollution / determined to always being a king where you reside / without fear of images, objects, and the unknown / displaying to all what it means / to be sovereign in mind, body, and soul / you're the model of the future (a million thank-yous to you)

Chorus: I'll be thinking about you all night long / oh yeah, oh yeah / you are
[*]
[*],
[*] great / I'll be thinking about you all night long / oh yeah, oh yeah / you're exactly the type of dude I want

Written by B. (Wednesday, October 31, 2018) Copyright 2018

Half In, Half Out

Verse 1: I wasn't allowed to love you completely / a part of me was removed and discarded / something critical treated like garbage / beyond vital in how we relate to one another / profoundly special, astronomically irreplaceable / part of the core of life / the beginning of all that is real and good

Verse 2: You're fine and all / but I want something better, more deeper / I don't know what it is that's causing me to be this way / I am not the man that you are supposed to cherish / partially minimized and rendered weaker than my peers / suppressed emotions are slowly and genuinely being recognized / rising to the surface of my consciousness to understand who I am

Verse 3: Half in, half out of two different worlds / constantly being led into multiple directions / the lights are quickly changing from green to yellow to red / navigating this life is increasingly complicating / the map I've been given is discoloured and torn / I have to be determined not to lose myself in confusion / when being told that there are some things out of my reach / I must believe that I'm worthy of adoration and recognition

Bridge 1: My dear boy, I'm terribly sorry; please forgive me / you cannot connect on the deepest of levels / because I was epically bamboozled

Bridge 2: My dear boy, I'll always be ashamed and remorseful / you cannot experience what's pure and affirming / because I was easily deceived

Bridge 3: My dear boy, I'll always be grateful for learning through you / knowing that you won't repeat my mistakes / allows me to be closer to you

Written by B. (Saturday, November 3, 2018) Copyright 2018

Red

Verse 1: I saw you waiting for the bus / casually confident and bold / you ere immersed in the colour red / giving off intense energy / you don't know how badly I would like to melt in you (taste you) / I want us to be the same / unusual thoughts render me solo / flying without a flock of my own / always along, never lonely / solitude allows me to be sane / sometimes I have a craving to disrupt monotony / you are the one that I choose to taste

Verse 2: You're fearless like a lion / well-disciplined and highly determined / using your strength as sword and shield / natural output is dominant and decisive / unapologetically fierce and self-assured / you gather allies and scare off foes / I respect your thought-process and methodical style / teach me how to be like you

Bridge: You rise as high as the bright stars / incorporating them into your life / you walk and dance with their guidance

Chorus: Beautiful red music flows from your skin / red intelligence bursts from between your ears / glowing red charisma settles in your eyes / especially when you wink / red caring originates from your heart / and cherishes every creature / perhaps just being with you / might transform me into something better like red

Written by B. (Friday, November 8, 2018) Copyright 2018

You've Got To Earn It

Verse 1: If you want my understanding / You need an open mind / If you want my kindness / You need to be selfless / If you want my support / You need to be humble / If you want my generosity / You've need to be helpful / If you want my advice / You need to be forthcoming / If you want to be with me / You've got to earn it

Verse 2: If you want my companionship / You need to stop being a stranger / If you want my bravery / You need to stop acting like a coward / If you want my delightfulness / You need to stop being offensive / If you want my encouragement / You need to stop being disrespectful / If you want my faithfulness / You need to stop being disloyal / If you want to be with me / You've got to earn it

Verse 3: If you want to be my lover / You need to be able to love yourself / If you want to be my friend / You need to know who you are / If you want to be my soul mate / You need to be a part of me / If you want to be my light / You need to shine through me / If you want to be my everything / You need to have many things / If you want to be with me / You've got to earn it

Chorus: If you really want my love / Let me into your heart / If you really want my trust / Start to confide in me / If you really want to spend / Your days and nights with me / Show me who you are inside / You've got to earn it

As You Make Your Way

Verse 1: A long time ago many people suffered / Many people strived and many people thrived / They tried their best to overcome challenges / They lived life one day at a time / By sacrificing so much for you

Verse 2: The wind, the rain and the snow / Were unbearable at times / There wan't much that they could do about it / Except to get down on their knees and pray / Because of their determination and strength / You are free to live the life you choose / They fought hard for things that you take for granted

Bridge: A step in time is a form of clarity / It enables one to put things into perspective / Life is a gift that should be cherished / The people of yesterday understood that very well

Chorus 1: As you make your way through life / Always remember those who have came before you / Give everything you've got to make a difference / Because they did the same for you / They loved you

Chorus 2: As you make your way through life / Always appreciate those who have came before you / Give everything you've got to make a difference / Because they did the same for you / They loved you, they lived for you / They died for you

Chorus 3: As you make your way through life / Always remember those who came before you / Give everything you've got to make a difference / Because they did the same for you / They loved you, they lived for you / They died for you / What they went through should be celebrated

Written by B. (Monday, May 17, 2004) Copyright 2004

Fly

Verse 1: We can have wings to help us fly through the sky / We can spread them wide and go on a journey / We can soar and we can glide / We have the energy to touch the clouds / And we have the confidence to venture out on our own / It is up to us to make our dreams come true / So when we fly they will seem just as real

Verse 2: Flap your wings and fly through the sky / Spread them wide and go on an adventure / You can travel to any place / You no longer need your imagination / Use every ounce of courage to overcome your fears / And the faith that you have / Shall sustain you through troubled times / When you fly, the possibilities are endless

Verse 3: Your wings will make you fly higher than anyone / You have the ability to believe / You can achieve your aspirations / Joy and happiness are just around the corner / Open your eyes and you will realize that you have been blessed / You have been given an opportunity / To be all that you can be / When you fly, goodness is within you

Chorus 1: Fly through the sky / Go soaring, go gliding / Reach out and feel the brightness of the sun / You have been given this moment to cherish

Chorus 2: Fly through the sky / Go soaring, go gliding / Reach out and feel the brightness of the sun / You have been given this moment to cherish / So fly through the sky and be yourself

Written by B. (Tuesday, May 25, 2004) Copyright 2004

Low

Verse 1: My family has disowned me / My friends ignore me, they have deserted me / I am all alone in a world that's so big and scary / Strangers pass me by and I wonder what kind of life they're living / I wonder if they recognize the sadness in my eyes

Verse 2: Acquaintances are ashamed of me / They are embarrassed to even look at me / I am all alone in a world that's so big and scary / I dream about many things but wonder if they'll ever come true / I wonder if I'll ever be happy again

Bridge: As the world keeps turning, I feel even smaller / Like I do not matter at all / I have been pushed aside / I have been walked upon / I have been called almost everything imaginable under the sun / I still remember generosity and kindness / I long for hope and love / To free me from the feeling of being low

Chorus: I am feeling low / I have nowhere to go / Nobody to call my own / I cry myself to sleep / In the morning, I don't want to get out of bed / Every day I am in pain

Written by B. (Wednesday, May 26, 2004) Copyright 2004

Pay Attention

Verse 1: It's a matter of respect / It's a life apart / It's a labour of love / It's a few simple words / It's a dream fulfilled / It's a little moonlight / It's a leap in the dark / It's a final season

Verse 2: It's a day's work, a day's pay / It's a sentence of their own / It's a way to move on / It's a family gathering / It's a question of conscience / It's a good tip for a good time / It's a walk in your shoes / It's a hundred days off

Verse 3: It's a thousand country roads / It's a kiss to remember / It's a place our own / It's a place to stand / It's a face in the crowd / It's a special day / It's a sudden change of heart / It's a love supreme

Chorus: Pay attention to what's going on / Open your eyes / Pay attention to what is not said / Listen closely

Written by B. (Sunday, April 11, 2004) Copyright 2004

Back