ghaw2007's Lyrics

Anger

Verse 1: I'm down on my luck / Nothing goes my way / It's getting harder just to make a buck / Tomorrow seems to be like yesterday / Why don't you ever shut the hell up? / Your voice is annoying and so are you

Verse 2: There is not enough time in a day / I get frustrated when I don't know what to say / My blood pressure rises / I get shut out, I get ripped off / I get nothing but a scoff

Bridge: Why do you have to ask how I'm feeling? / Can't you see? / I'm angry

Chorus 1: Anger - inside if me / I can't let it go / This is me

Chorus 2: Anger - inside of me / I can't let it go / If I do, who will I be?

Written by B. (Saturday, October 18, 2003) Copyright 2003

Say You Will

Verse 1: Promise me that there's no other but me / Say that I'm the one you have always wanted / Feel my desires, experience my pain / Have the sense to believe we were meant to be

Verse 2: Wipe away my tears whenever I cry / Hold me whenever I'm feeling lonely / Inspire me to become a better person / Believe that I can do whatever I put my mind to

Bridge: I need to feel love when it's given to me / I want to be the one you cherish endlessly / No matter what happens we should always stay together / Be patient with me / Love me for who I am

Chorus 1: Say you will love me unconditionally / Say you will never leave my side / Make me feel whole, make me feel complete / Say you'll be mine for life

Chorus 2: Say you will love me unconditionally / Say you will never leave my side / Make me feel whole, make me feel complete / Say you'll be mine for life / I promise you that I will do the same

Written by B. (Thursday, October 30, 2003) Copyright 2003

Who'll Stop The Rain?

Verse 1: Who's my friend? Who's my foe? / Show yourselves to me and let me know / Who tells the truth? Who tells lies? / Show yourselves to me, not your disguises / Who is a liberal? Who is a conservative? / Show yourselves to me and your motives / Who is greedy? Who is generous? / Show yourselves to me and let me know

Verse 2: What does life have in store for me? / If I could know, I would be more prepared / Will I ever find true love? / If I do, will it be sent from up above? / Where will I spend most of my time? / What would happen if I bet my last dime? / When will I be free of the danger that surrounds me?

Bridge: Who can I turn to? / Who should I run from? / Who can I talk to? / Who should I stay away from?

Chorus: Who'll stop the rain from falling on me? / Who'll take away my pain? / Who'll teach me not to become vain? / Who'll prevent me from acting insane at any time?

Written by B. (Wednesday, December 3, 2003) Copyright 2003

The Colour Within Me

Verse 1: I have tried to get myself out of the hole / That I've been in for such a long time / When I take a step up / I take two steps down / At this point, I have given up

Verse 2: What's the point of dreaming / If it won't become real / What's the point of wishing / If it won't come true / What's the point of asking for help / If no one will lend a hand

Bridge 1: Black represents a deep void / I have always felt in my life / Blue expresses my sadness / Grey shows the confusion I feel

Bridge 2: When life gives you lemons / You can't always turn them into lemonade / So why insist on changing what you can't change / It's a waste of time / I am apathetic towards many things people deem important

Chorus: The colour within me is black / The colour within me is blue / The colour within me is grey / Nothing matters to me anymore / Life is so depressing

Written by B. (Wednesday, December 3, 2003) Copyright 2003

In Between

Verse 1: The three of us used to be close / We always acted as if we were brothers / We did so many things together / Some even said that we were joined at the hip / Who knew our bond would ever break / Who knew our love would ever dissipate / Now all we do is fight with one another / We no longer talk, we argue most of the time

Verse 2: One day I'm with you / The next day I'm with him / I bounce from side to side / Hanging around both of you / I won't be able to put myself at ease / Until you two make amends / Until you love me more than you hate each other

Bridge: When I'm in the middle / And you two are at my side / I don't know what to do / Granted, this situation is complicated / However, it can be resolved

Chorus 1: Right now I'm in between you and him / I don't like the position I'm in / I am being pulled from all sides / But I fee as though I can save our friendship

Chorus 2: You both are breaking my heart / Your anger and your jealousy are tearing us apart / I've been caught in the crossfire / For far too long / If I step away, we'll be separated forever

Outro: I'm in between two of my best friends / But neither are friends with each other

Written by B. (Tuesday, October 28, 2003) Copyright 2003

Just Hold On

Verse 1: We used to be together as one / But we’re breaking into two / We used to be together as equal / But things are becoming unfair / I will hold on to all the feelings / The ones that always tell me so / I will hold on to this moment / I’ll only let go when I know it’s the end

Verse 2: I promised to be right beside you / And to be there for good and bad times / I’m not going to break my word / Just because you want me to / Oh no, I’ll never do that

Verse 3: Hold on to what you mean to me / And to what I mean to you / Hold on to priceless memories / Don’t let them fade away / Keep them near your heart

Chorus: I know you are becoming weaker / And you’ve convinced yourself that you can’t go on / I believe that we can last longer / Use your strength and just hold on to us

Written by B. (2001) Copyright 2001

Sonny, Please

Verse 1: Sonny, please / It’s not time to call it an end / I want to give us another try / I’m connected to you in many ways / And you realize that, so don’t pretend you don’t / We’re at a crossroad, I know / I don’t want you to leave me alone / With a sense of failure and regret / When both feelings are hard to shake / And being in love is more than I can take

Verse 2: I know that nothing lasts forever / And that all good things must come to an end / But I refuse to give up on us / When there’s a lot worth fighting for / I’ve revealed myself to you / In ways I thought I never could / And when you become more of yourself / You are living your own life / I don’t want to be rejected / I don’t want to be cast aside / Nothing will cause the contents of my heart / To run and hide

Bridge: I will beg, I will plead / For you not to leave me / I’ll go nowhere, I’ll stay right here / Letting you go shows that I don’t care / I will hope, I will pray / For you to change your mind today

Chorus 1: Sonny, please / Pretty, pretty, pretty please / Don’t leave me with nothing / But memories of you / I’m trying as hard as I can / To make you understand / That when I confessed my love for you / I truly meant it

Chorus 2: Sonny, please / Don’t leave me with nothing / I’m trying as hard as I can / Because I love you

Written by B. (Sunday, January 27, 2008) Copyright 2008

Thank You For The Years

Verse 1: When I was younger / I was shy and quiet / Though I had things to say / I wouldn’t speak my mind / Even if I wasn’t alone / I still felt lonely / All that changed / When you came into my life

Verse 2: You understood me / When other thought I was confusing / I opened up to you / And you saw my point of view / When I felt like giving up / You convinced me otherwise / The time you spent with me / Truly changed my life

Bridge: I cherish you / And everything you’ve done for me / I’m forever grateful / For your patience and empathy / You’ve given me the greatest gift of all / Unconditional love / I feel it every time I breathe

Chorus 1: Thank you for the years / You’ve been by my side / I never could have lasted / This long without your support / My heart overflows with emotions / Both strong and true / I have grown in many ways / All because of the love you gave to me

Chorus 2: Thank you for the years / You’ve been by my side / I never could have lasted / This long without your support / My heart overflows with emotions / Both strong and true / I have grown in many ways / All because of your love

Chorus 3: Thank you for the years / You’ve been by my side / I never could have survived / Without your guidance / My heart overflows with emotions / Like they’ve never before / I have grown in many ways / All because of you and your love

Written by B. (Wednesday, December 7, 2005) Copyright 2005

Reveal

Verse 1: I don't know / I do not know if you know who I am / I'm just a guy who stands five foot six / And weighs a hundred and forty pounds / I've wondered / I have wondered if you have ever noticed me / I don't stand out / And I'm definitely not a part of the in-crowd / We've been introduced on a few occasions / I remember each time we have met / There is so much that I would like to say to you

Verse 2: I'm hoping / I am hoping that I don't embarrass myself / Taking chances in life comes with no guarantees / I wished they did / I'm thinking / I am thinking about you and I / Sometimes I over-analyze situations / Causing me to get ahead of myself / We've been introduced on a few occasions / How could I forget the times we have met / There is so much that I would like you to hear

Verse 3: I'm opening myself to you / Heartfelt emotions are what I want to get through / I'm flawed and I know / Please don't try to hide it, you are too / Bring out the best in me / I'm determined to try the same with you / Expect nothing less from me / I'm more than willing to explore whatever lies ahead / We've been introduced on a few occasions / You caught my attention at the first second / There is so much that I would like you to remember

Chorus 1: Let me begin by saying that I love you / I've never felt this way before / My heart starts beating faster / Every time I get closer to you / Is the feeling mutual / Or have I spoken too soon / Either way I want you to reveal yourself / The way I have done with you

Chorus 2: I love you, oh yes, I do / I've never felt this way before / My heart starts beating faster / Every time I get closer to you / Is the feeling mutual / Or have I spoken too soon / Either way I want you to reveal yourself / The way I have done with you

Written by B. (Wednesday, February 9, 2005) Copyright 2005

Third Eye Open

Verse 1: Memories of you lie beneath my feet / Like shattered pieces of glass / Thinking of each one of them / Makes my delicate heart skip a beat / Lingering emotions stir themselves up / When I see couples holding hands / I regret the fact that I wasn't able / To be fully honest with you

Verse 2: Tossing and turning is what I do / Throughout most of the night / I often yearn for your touch / Cuddling and spooning the way that we did / Sleeping on the other side of the bed / Waking up and making it together / Then kissing you full of affection / As we headed out into the concrete safari

Verse 3: I've got you etched inside of me / As well as other countless possibilities / Of what you and I could have became / But you just took off, you went on the run / Being stranded in the ruins of our encounters / Were a blessing in disguise / It proved to me that I'm much stronger / Than I gave myself credit for

Bridge: It's the little things that ignite / The good times which we shared / And it's the big things which occasionally keep me guessing / About your state of mind / About where I stood on your priority scale / But I'm tossing all that, burning all that away

Chorus: I was blind but now I see / The kind of person who you really are / I became enamoured with you very quickly / There were a few warning signs / But at least they were not far

Written by B. (2005) Copyright 2005

Singles Going Steady

Verse 1: We are singles going steady / I want a relationship but you're not ready / I do enjoy spending time with you / We have a lot of fun together / Eggs for brunch on a Sunday morning / Trying out Japanese food for dinner / Learning how to use chopsticks / You're more open to more cultures than I am

Verse 2: Meeting a lot of new people / Going to places that I've never been to / Stepping out of my element / Discovering the world is smaller than I thought / Being able to be myself / Acting and thinking the way I am / Being proud of my identity / Though you only see a fraction of it

Verse 3: We are singles going steady / I want a relationship but you're not ready / I've always wanted more than I could ever have / I only have half of you / I want you entirely / I know that you are looking for love / But you don't love me

Bridge 1: I've always wanted more than I could ever have / I only have half of you / I want you entirely / I know that you are looking for love / But you don't love me

Bridge 2: I've always wanted more than I could ever have / I only have half of you / I want you entirely / You don't know that I'm looking for love / I can see myself loving you someday

Bridge 3: I've always wanted more than I could ever have / I only have half of you / I want you entirely / You don't know that I know you're looking for love / I use to be afraid of it / Now I'm not / You've always been open to it / But not with me

Chorus 1: Seeing each other is not the same as dating / I really like you / You are different in a good way / My heart is open, you don't have to knock / Just come right in / Many questions run through my mind / I hesitate to ask you some of them / Because I don't know how you would react / So we'll just continue to be singles going steady

Chorus 2: Seeing each other is not the same as dating / I really like you / You are different in a good way / My heart is open, you don't have to knock / Just come right in / Many questions run through my mind / I hesitate to ask you some of them / Because I don't know how you would react / So we'll just continue to be singles going steady

Outro: Ba daa daa ba daa daa / Do do e ooh ooh ooh / Ba daa daa ba daa daa / Do do e oh oh oh

Written by B. (2005) Copyright 2005

They Were Wrong, So We Drowned

Verse 1: We trusted them, we voted for them / We believed in what we were told / They were powerful, they were fearless / They declared war against everyone / We were ignorant as to what was going on / They took advantage of their position / We continue to be complacent / They still control us

Verse 2: We relied on them, we answered to them / At times we received what we deserved / They were nefarious, they were demagogues / They wanted everything for themselves / We were ignorant as to what was going on / They took advantage of their position / We continue to be complacent / They still abuse us

Bridge: We were manipulated as if we were puppets / They saw themselves as our masters / Slavery continued well into the future / Crimes were committed every second / Our right to live was violated / Our right to be free was stolen / Our right to love was denied

Chorus 1: They were wrong, so we drowned / They were misled, so we died

Chorus 2: They were wrong, so we drowned / They were misled, so we died / We paid for the consequences of their actions

Chorus 3: They were wrong, so we drowned / They were misled, so we died / We paid for the consequences of their actions / And ours as well / They were wrong, so we drowned

Written by B. (2004) Copyright 2004

The Suicidal Mind

Verse 1: I don't care about anyone / Don't even care about myself / Spent a lot of time on my own / Thought about the hardships and pain I've endured / Many of the wounds still hurt till this day / I'd do anything to make them go away / My life is a nightmare that frightens me / And I feel like I'm trapped in it

Verse 2: Lecturing and finger-pointing will not change how I feel / Don't want advice, don't want a friend / Got more than I can take going on in my head / By the second, I lose energy / I have no strength to fight all that I'm feeling / I've always been my own worst enemy / I'm going to lose the war against myself

Bridge: I'm not being impulsive / Thought about it endlessly / This is the way it has to be / And it will be done by me

Chorus 1: Bad memories resurface / Then I completely shut down / Killing myself is natural, so I'll do it

Chorus 2: Bad memories resurface / Then I completely shut down / Killing myself is rational, so I'll do it / Bad memories resurface / The voice within me speaks louder / Killing myself is rational, so I'll do it

Written by B. (Wednesday, November 16, 2005) Copyright 2005

Last edited:
Untitled

Verse 1: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss / The more things change, the more confused we become / We settled for inferiority / Knowing that was the worst choice we could make / The medicine man prescribes poison to us / Yet we fail to understand why we always get sick / Popping pills like candy is today's cure / But is your choice of flavour really your prerogative?

Verse 2: The ship which we are on is slowly sinking / And the precarious situation we have placed ourselves in / Has more holes than a golf course / What we all need to do / Is get down on our knees and pray / Our safe houses and panic rooms will crumble to the ground / If we don't open our eyes soon / Will choosing to be blind save us from witnessing catastrophe?

Bridge: What currency will you invest in? / What method of diversification will you employ? / Is your portfolio a strong one? / Are your assets your liabilities? / Which bank will maintain all your holdings? / Will my funds ever be depleted? / Insider trading is to be welcomed

Chorus: You don't know, you don't know what you're talking about / Don't tell me what to do / You're no bigger than me / You don't know, you don't know what you're talking about / You are not my saviour / I'll never believe in you

Written by B. (March 2009) Copyright 2009

Midnight Magic

Verse 1: When you need to relax / We'll put you on track / It's Friday night / The weekend is in sight / People are getting ready / Everything is steady / They're joining us to have a good time / So come on down to the party

Verse 2: The beats are really neat / The vibes go up and down / The atmosphere is great / It's a place to escape / It will entice you / And it will surprise you / Feel the vibration / What a sensation

Verse 3: Once you step inside / You'll have no place to hide / Show us what you've got / We are the hot spot / You'll feel the passion / We've got real action / Happiness is just one step away / Come on, join us today

Bridge: Let it rip, let it fly / People watch in awe / People say "My oh my!" / Some remain speechless / Others are excited / They've got inspiration to dance the night away

Chorus: You'll do the salsa / And the tango / Let's flamenco / Experience midnight magic / You'll do the disco / And the lambada / Come on, let's rumba / Experience midnight magic

Written by B. (Tuesday, August 22, 2000) Copyright 2000

Immortal Memory

Verse 1: He's the only person that I've ever loved / Only person that I've confessed it to / I revealed the many anguishes in my life / He now knows how I truly feel about him / I've never been so honest to myself until now / I'm more at ease by confronting some of the pain / That resulted in him and I parting ways / Still, I know things won't be the same again / My world without him has changed in many ways

Verse 2: We were on a seeing each other basis / Now I desperately want to be your boyfriend / I take a blue-inked pen and write your name / On my chest, I write it on my right thigh / Who and what you are is the type of person / That I truly want to be with every day / The fact is, I have to make plans to see you / Plans which only involve you and I / Still, I know things won't be the same again / My identity without you has changed in many ways

Bridge 1: To forget everything is to deny / The deep love that I have for him / After all that has been said and done / The connection between us will remain / To ignore anything is tantamount to being insane

Bridge 2: Sleeping alone; not feeling alright / Stumbling in this dark light / That has stolen the sunshine from my life

Chorus: My first love and I grew closer every day / Because of him, I feel more comfortable in being me / I was willing to move in with him / To hold his hand in public / My immortal memory has got my first love as its captive

Written by B. (Monday, August 15, 2005) Copyright 2005

Let's Make Sure We Kiss Goodbye

Verse 1: You and I have been constantly fighting / And I know that it's hurting both of us / There are thoughts inside of us that escape through our lips / And when they are released, voices rise and tears fill our eyes

Verse 2: We both can no longer stay together / Because there will be serious consequences / We cannot put ourselves through more and more heartache / We need to be further apart to make things better again

Bridge: I don't want to fight anymore / I don't want to cause more pain / That's the absolute truth / I need to carry on with my life / I can't afford to be held back / My heart never belonged to you / Then why does it feel like I gave it away? / It's time to journey out on my own / It'll be better than being unhappy / Let us both make a wish / That we will recover from all of this / All the secrets and lies will be a thing of yesterday / Scattered pieces will begin to mend / And we can finally move away from each other / We must start to heal / And let the past fade away / Let's bury it into the ground

Chorus: Let's make sure we kiss goodbye / Before you and I go our separate ways / I know that breaking up can be difficult / We've got to do this now instead of later / Let's make sure we kiss goodbye / Before you and I go our separate ways / This is the best thing for both of us / There is no point in continuing our relationship

Written by B. (Saturday, January 6, 2001) Copyright 2001

You Can Count On Me

Verse 1: I will never leave your side / Until I know that you're safe and secure / I will do my best to ensure / That happiness will be in your heart / Whenever you're scared and all alone / Just think of me / I will give you courage that will help you shine / Throughout your life / Love will connect you and I

Verse 2: I really do not know what the future has in store for us / But whatever the outcome may be / Just know that I will be holding your hand / I will pass everything that I have learned onto you / All of the love that I have for you is completely true / Hope will connect you and I

Bridge: There is no reason for you to run and hide / Because you have absolutely nothing to be afraid of / I am more than willing to share my life with you / Just open your entire mind, body, and soul to me

Chorus: You can count on me / To be with you when you're in pain / I promise you that I will be the true friend you've been wishing for / And all the memories we share / Will be locked within our bond / Entrust me with your hopes and fears / Because I'll always be there for you

Written by B. (Sunday, December 24, 2000) Copyright 2000

Dream A Dream

Verse 1: You can dream a dream / In the morning, day or night / You can dream a dream / Even if you're not sleeping / You can dream a dream / Without being aware of it / You can dream a dream / Just to let the time pass by / Or to think about yesterday

Verse 2: You can dream a dream / It is very simple / You can dream a dream / About anything special to you / You can dream a dream / It's a chance for you to relax / You can dream a dream / Just to sort all your thoughts out / And maybe you can start something new

Bridge: Let the visions appear / Don't block them out of your mind / Embrace every one of them / They can help you along the way / Dream a dream to make life beautiful

Chorus 1: Dream a dream any time of the day / Dream a dream whenever you are / Dream a dream out of curiosity / Dream a dream out of pleasure

Chorus 2: Dream a dream any time of the day / Dream a dream to make a difference / Dream a dream to challenge yourself / Dream a dream in complete silence

Written by B. (Wednesday, December 13, 2000) Copyright 2000

These Days

Verse 1: These days I feel dazed and a little bit confused / It seems like I've been walking blindly / These days I feel lonelier than ever / It seems like I'm the only person in the world

Verse 2: These days I feel like I'm sitting in the front row / And the scenes in my view play like a scary film / I don't know why I'm constantly out of breath / Day after day I am gasping for air

Verse 3: These days my mind is spinning from left to right / I do not know when it will finally stop / These days my feelings are acting like chameleons / Trying to keep things stable is not easy

Bridge: A trip away from this world / Might be beneficial to my well-being / A moment when everything's perfect / Could be the ultimate dream

Chorus 1: These days I am lost / There's bitterness in me / These days I feel like I'm trapped / Time isn't on my side / Changes worry me / These days I need luck in my life

Chorus 2: These days I am sad / These days I'm tired / These days I feel worthless / These days I am bored / These days I'm angry / These days I'm afraid of tomorrow

Written by B. (Wednesday, December 6, 2000) Copyright 2000

Back