ghaw2007's Lyrics

Murder of Angels

Verse 1
Little ones, do not fear / For I am here to comfort you / I bring no harm or sorrow / Let me lead you to your falls / Young boy, listen to me / I'll play with you if you promise to share / Maybe we can become friends / Then I'll take your toys away from you

Verse 2
Young lady, don't you hurt yourself
For you are filled with so much worth
Boys will come and boys will go
And when they do, you will be used up
Do whatever you want
Or whomever for that matter
Future generations will look up to you as a role model

Verse 3
This is such a heinous crime
The murder of angels
Don't call the cops, ignore the press
Let us do what we do best
Innocence will turn to guilt
Trust into deception
Your souls will rot to the core
We'll never stop because we want more

Chorus 1
Children, close your eyes now
You have witnessed the murder of angels
Fathers, you must disappear
You are partly to blame for our transgressions
Daughters, cry your hearts out
for you have been violated
Mothers were oblivious
To what occurred inside their homes
Sons, let your rage run wild
It's the emotion you were taught to express

Chorus 2
All my children, run away
You have witnessed the murder of angels
Old men, you should die
You are to blame for our transgressions
Ladies, beg, borrow and steal
For you have been violated
Teachers were despondent
To what occurred inside of their classrooms
Lovers, let your passion run wild
We're no different than our fellow mammals
There's nothing to be ashamed of
Just do whatever comes naturally

Chorus 3
Children, close your eyes now (murder of angels) / Fathers, you must disappear (murder of angels) / Daughters, cry your hearts out (murder of angels) / Mothers were oblivious (murder of angels) / Sons, let your rage run wild

Written by B. (Monday, June 20, 2005) Copyright 2005

Modernistic

Verse 1: Optical illusion / Racial confusion / Medical delusion / Financial distraction / Political contraption / Legal deception / Cultural inclusion / Gender seclusion / Historical affirmation / Daily transaction / Casual reflection / Radical education

Verse 2: Psychological destruction / Environmental separation / Parental miseducation / Social tradition / Visual appreciation / Numerical protection / General segregation / Critical invitation / Controversial distortion / Vital realization / Emotional exploitation / Monumental reception

Verse 3: Spiritual disruption / National coordination / Practical foundation / Experimental connection / Residential evolution / Rational fascination / Biological admiration / Skeptical preparation / Sexual provocation / Territorial complication / Natural eradication / Unconventional transformation

Chorus 1: Here and now is what you see / And what you see is what you get / Dreams and realities collide / And the aftermath is what we're living in

Chorus 2: Here and now is what you see / And what you see is what you get / Modernistic / Dreams and realities collide / And the aftermath is what we're living in / Modernistic / The power within us / Is what we create, what we destroy / Modernistic / Understanding and apathy circling around us / Modernistic

Written by B. (Tuesday, July 22, 2014) Copyright 2014

A Thousand Benjamins

Verse 1: For the first time, I love someone / I never thought it was possible / That person does not love me back / But I'm just fine with that / The only thing that bothers me / Is that he's with somebody else / I'm no longer the center of his attention / I have become his former lover / I desperately want to be with him / Be close to him in every sense of the word

Verse 2: I deeply care about the man / Whom I fell for / I love him more than I love myself / He became my world, my home / The only part of him which I have are memories / Every little detail embedded within my heart, my mind

Bridge: Mmmmm, ooohhh, mmmmmm / Shy bordering on anti-social / Longing for conversation / Independent bordering on selfishness / Wanting a friend or two / Unrealistic views bordering on insanity / Needing to change my luck / Inaction bordering on indifference / Refusing to harm myself / Mmmmm, mmmmm

Chorus 1: Ecstatically happy, then depressingly sad / Joyful and disappointed / Delightfully surprised, then stunningly upset / Amazed and angry

Chorus 2: Genuinely optimistic, then distressingly apprehensive / Proud and confused / Wonderfully interested, then violently annoyed / Caring and insensitive / Optimistic, apprehensive - a thousand Benjamins, a thousand Benjamins / Interested, annoyed - a thousand Benjamins, a thousand Benjamins / Happy, sad - a thousand Benjamins, a thousand Benjamins / Amazed, angry - a thousand Benjamins, a thousand Benjamins

Written by B. (Monday, September 5, 2005) Copyright 2005

The Fiction We Live

Verse 1
He has charm, he has wit / He has die-hard looks / All the girls want to be with him / All the guys envy him / His father is pulling his strings / He's not sure how to break free

Verse 2
She has style, she has grace / She is thoughtful, she is pleasant / All the guys want to be with her / All the girls envy her / Her mother is intimidating / She's not sure how to stand her ground

Verse 3
They have beliefs, they have intuition / They have been placed on a pedestal / All the girls scream out their names / All the guys are embarrassed / Their country is losing its soul / They're not sure how to reverse the trend

Bridge 1
Truth is difficult to define / Objectivity takes some time / Judgement is made without thought / Many battles have yet to be fought
Bridge 2
Lies are difficult to define / Subjectivity does not waste time / Decisions are made by reasoning / There are more options than we realize
Bridge 3
Life is difficult to define / Unfortunately, there's not enough time / Emotions are suppressed / Exhaustion slowly takes hold
Bridge 4
Death is difficult to define / It's inevitable, we've been told all the time / Every illness cannot be cured / Surrendering may be wise

Chorus 1
The fiction we live is fragile / The fiction we live is the antithesis of our wants / The fiction we live identifies what we are not / The fiction we live is seen through our actions / Will the truth ever set us free?

Chorus 2
The fiction we live is fragile / The fiction we live is the antithesis of our wants / The fiction we live identifies what we are not / The fiction we live is seen through our emotions / Will the truth ever set us free? / Will the lies ever swallow us whole? / Will life ever be where we are? / Will death ever be out of sight?

Written by B. (2004) Copyright 2004

The Kick Inside

Verse 1
Beginning of something
Delicate and slowly growing
New and original
Continuing the cycle
Precious and always forming
Commonplace and popular
Enjoying a moment
Beautiful and always real
With yourself or someone else
Dreaming wide awake
Different and slowly growing
Confident and optimistic

Verse 2
Upside down, right side up
Counter-clockwise, counter-culture
Lemons out of lemonade
Breakdown, build up
Love and hate and indifference
Everything old is new again
Eyes wide shut, open-minded
Uncommon, extraordinary
Always hiding in plain sight
Alone, not lonely
Over, under, swinging around
Pushing past many limits

Verse 3
Half-empty, half-full / Perception versus reality / Complexities of life / Winning when losing / Matters of perspective / Who you are and what you won't do

Chorus
The kick inside / Moments which keep us alive / As the world keeps on turning / As time marches on / As the sun rises and as the sun sets / The kick inside will keep us alive

Written by B. (Tuesday, July 15, 2014) Copyright 2014

Move Along

Verse 1
Took the punches and beatings
Ran for dear life
Knocked on a neighbour's door
So I wouldn't sleep outside
The extension cord that left bruises on me
Was the same one used to plug in the fan
During a heatwave
Babysitter left, I dialled 9-1-1
The authorities threatened to take me away
Parents came rushing home
And unleashed a punishment
That I could never forget
Even if I tried

Verse 2
I was always distant form those around me
Unable to form a lasting connection
Years passed and I was still afraid
Of becoming more of myself

Verse 3
I've known pain since I was a child
Innocence was stolen
Self-image was broken
Mother and father are nowhere to be found
My legacy will be controlled by me

Bridge 1
Innocence was stolen
Self-image was broken
Mother and father become my enemy
The queen and the king ruled in a burning castle

Bridge 2
Innocence was stolen
Self-image was broken
Mother was clueless, father was selfish
The queen ruled over the king
In a make believe empire

Bridge 3
I've known pain since I was child
Innocence was stolen
Self-image was broken
Mother was angry, father was absent
The queen controlled every aspect of her domain
But now I'm the king of myself
I chose to move along

Chorus
Not only was I remembering my past / I was haunted by it / The time came for me to move along / And I chose to without hesitation

Written by B. (Friday, December 9, 2005) Copyright 2005

Whatever You Want

Verse 1
You may be single and bright
Searching for someone to share your life
You may have qualities
That many would find appealing
But you're alone
You've got to be forthcoming with your intentions
It starts by being honest with yourself
Fakeness is futile
Misrepresentation will only lead to bitter feelings

Verse 2
First impressions are important
Rarely do we get a second chance
To showcase out best attributes
So be wise and make the most of it
You shouldn't rely on fate
To give you a love
Get it for yourself
Life is full of competition
And in order to win
You have got to want it more

Chorus
Whatever you want is out there
If you look hard enough
You will find what you are looking for
It's unnecessary to travel around the world
When what you want is in front of you
It's been there all along

Written by B. (Thursday, December 8, 2005) Copyright 2005

A Woman

Verse 1
I am a woman as a woman I've been told / Dieting is marketed to me in this mold / Born with a clock, I yearn for the seed / Years I have waited with remarkable need

Verse 2
I am a woman who has grown from a daughter / Been criticized by a jealous mother / Big breas-ts and tight but-tocks got me into trouble / Boys and men alike ignored her and focused on me instead

Verse 3
I am a woman who is not a victim / Begging for scraps is something I'll never do / I am a woman who is a cun-t / There, I said it / I don't get hysterical when I'm referred to as such

Bridge
I don't fare well with scorn and bitterness / I don't do well with a life of unwanted sacrifice / This won't work well if you're in constant judgement of me / I am a woman who is weaker than feminist chants

Chorus 1
I have been adored / I have been protected / I'm using my status for monetary gain

Chorus 2
I have been shamed / I have repented / I'm working my way toward the belief of forgiveness / I have been blamed / I have relented / I'm working my way toward the belief of forgiveness

Chorus 3
I have been glorified / I have been worshipped / I'm working my way toward my original template / I have been raped / I have been attacked / I'm working my way toward endless retribution

Written by B. (Thursday, July 24, 2014) Copyright 2014

I Will Bear Witness

Verse 1
If I'm despondent / Then I will know / That I should become involved in my life / Staring blankly into space / Will not get me to a better place / Action is stronger than will / When I'm indifferent to my well-being / Self-love will be my number one priority / Not wanting to wake up / Each time I go to sleep / Will only make me become moodier / Negativity is destructive

Verse 2
If anger is building up inside of me / I will let it out creatively / Rage is a counter-productive force / Eventually it leads to remorse

Bridge
Affirmation is part of honesty / Bravery is confronting scarcity / Detachment yearns for a bond / Understanding eliminates confusion / Revelation seizes attention / Maturity equates to growth

Chorus 1
I was born with sight / But was blind to the essence of me / I will bear witness / To all things which form my identity

Chorus 2
I was born with sight / But was blind to reality around me / I will bear witness / To all things which form my identity

Chorus 3
Born with sight is being fortunate / A lack of vision leads to blindness / I will bear witness / To all things which form my identity

Written by B. (Sunday, September 4, 2005) Copyright 2005

Unbearable

Verse 1
You don't know what I want / You don't know what I need / You think you do / You don't know how I feel / You don't know how I live / You think you do / You don't know what my goals are / You don't know what I aspire to be / You think you do / You don't know what I think / You don't know what's important to me / You think you do

Verse 2
Erasing you from my mind is what I'd like to do / Sometimes forgetfulness is good / The damage you have caused / Has affected me to the core / I'm not as whole as I'd like to be / Mental progression has slowed itself down / But I'm determined to have a new state of mind

Bridge
Confusion collides with hate / Psychological pain is all that remains / Efforts to correct the situation / Could take upwards of a lifetime / We all twist and turn / Many become unable to learn from their circumstances / They say "The past is the past" / Even though it molds our future

Chorus
It's unfortunate to be the object of your attention / There's a sickness in you / Even if you disagree with that / Bombs go off wherever you are / I don't want to be a casualty of your emotionalism / Life is difficult to navigate / With you in it, it's unbearable

Written by B. (Tuesday, May 6, 2014) Copyright 2014

Orange Juice

Verse 1
Orange juice sustains me without fail / Wholesome in a variety of ways / I was unfamiliar with the taste of it / So I was hesitant to give it a try / Once I saw how others responded to it / I sensed that I was missing out on something fulfilling / One day I searched for a glass / And was surprised by the reaction I experienced / For the better, I was changing

Verse 2
Existing is going through the motions of life / When you're under and alone, you don't give it much though / Being alive is seeking events to partake and revel in / When you do so, your true self is revealed / Every part of you flourishes / A stream of satisfaction will float through you / You'll be rich beyond measure / It will seem like a dream / But, oh yes, it's real

Verse 3
I'm grateful to be healed by its grace / And now I'm convinced that everyone deserves orange juice / However small or big the amount may be / Every drop is precious / None of it should ever go to waste / I'll teach another what I've been taught / Creating special experiences is inspiring and everlasting

Chorus
Contently full / Great and rewarding supply / Pure and simple, orange juice is good for me

Written by B. (Sunday, August 3, 2014) Copyright 2014

I Love The Illusion

Verse 1
I believe everything you say
I trust in all that you do
Heavy thoughts weigh me down
Easy living is comfortable
The 'Who', 'What', 'Where', 'When', 'Why', 'How' is bothersome

Verse 2
All doubts have been cast aside
There is no reason for me to run and hide
Complexities are tiring
A simple life is comforting

Verse 3
Distortions will be excused
Transgressions will be explained away
Thinking is challenging
Passiveness is effortless

Verse 4
I am all that I will ever be
And I know you like what you see
A tough life I have experienced
Quick fixes appeal to me

Chorus
I love the illusion / The magnificent illusion / Give me the illusion / Let me be in peace

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 6, 2014) Copyright 2014

The Richest Man In Babylon

Verse 1
Selling tales of sin
Profits are generating in your sleep
Wicked thoughts are woven into timeless chants
Generations continue to dance
Messages of the past being told in soft tones
If you listen carefully
Ideas are being formed and settled in places
Which are shielded from view

Verse 2
Luxurious platforms are sold to the highest bidder
Beggars become more desperate
Influence is the name of the game
Many have lost and many are losing
Replications of what used to be
Pale in comparison to the originals
Echoes of the past
Linger around the heartbeats of men

Verse 3
Being the richest man in Babylon
Affords you many privileges
Tokens are for the powerless
You create the standard to which we abide
To the victor goes the spoils
You're coated in manufactured glory
The crown you've placed upon your head
Will eventually be your undoing
All that you own is worthless

Chorus
You're only a soul in a vessel / Known by only one / As you accumulate wealth / You forget about the importance of your deeds

Written by B. (Monday, August 4, 2014) Copyright 2014

Offspring

Verse 1 - Tired boy, he needs a snack / Give him ice cream and pie / Cherry and vanilla will get him energized / Curious boy, he wants to learn / Give him dictionaries and books / He's brimming with potential / Letting it go to waste would be a shame / Lonely boy, he needs a friend / Give him time and space / Let him develop interpersonal skills / And apply them accordingly

Verse 2 - Funny boy, he needs an audience / Give him a stage and microphone / Telling jokes will satisfy him / And hopefully entertain others / Creative boy, he wants an outlet / Give him advice and encouragement / He's continually brainstorming and challenging himself / Athletic boy, he needs to play / Give him s bicycle and open field / Strengthening his growing body / Will allow him to achieve good health

Bridge - Asian boy, African boy / Latin boy, European boy / Arabian boy, Native boy / Boy, oh boy, oh boy

Chorus - The past collides with the present / The present determines the future / The future is our offspring / They deserve the best of everything / If we nurture and we inspire / If we teach and love properly / Our offspring will have better chances / At surviving and thriving

Written by B. (Monday, June 23, 2014) Copyright 2014

Close The Door

Verse 1 - I don't believe in dinosaurs, dragons, or aliens / Fairy tales are glorified lies / Even though there are spooks everywhere / Danger lurks around / If you trade your freedom for safety / Then you're foolish / You've given away your power to decide / Rendered, tragically, subservient onto others / You'd be a typical beggar among attainable riches / A cautionary tale for the impressionable

Verse 2 - The fakery of my foundation permeates through my senses / Like a virus absorbed into the body / I'm hungry for the reasons why I breathe, build and destroy / So I check the ground to walk over scattered shackles / I, fortunately, understand the power to decide / Rendered aware of my ability for self-determination / A sleepwalker, what I used to be / Until I awoke from my slumber and defeated pseudo-realities

Verse 3 - You as one, you as deceptively whole / Observing me, judging me / I as one, I as partially broken / Incomplete but with a soul / However damaged it may seem / What I use is, ultimately, what I own / Especially the power I have to decide / Rendered, rightfully, accountable for my thoughts and words / This is a true representation of who I am as an individual / It is not, however, an endorsement to abandon / Your state of unrealized wealth

Chorus 1 - Although a slave from conception, it is not my birthright / Although governed by the laws of water, my true identity holds / I am abused and tested upon / But my original record is unamendable / I close the door to the world / And settle within and around myself

Chorus 2 - Close the door / Don't let whispers and looks of harmful intent / To settle within yourself

Written by B. (Tuesday, August 5, 2014) Copyright 2014

Mass Romantic

Verse 1 - He says "It's all about love" / With relaxed confidence / To a curious disbeliever / It's a notion many are unfamiliar with / So he explains himself delicately / He doesn't want to convince you of anything / As we all believe whatever we want / "I'm just giving my opinion on the most important thing" / "Love is everything" He said

Verse 2 - Lovers and all who are adequately loved / Are part of a giant club / It's not exclusive, anyone can join / The benefits are plenty / Being inspired has a domino effect / Others will want to learn what you know / Word gets around about the most important thing / Even when it's difficult to find

Verse 3 - "It's what I need" He said with a grin / Leaving the disbeliever confused / "Without it, life is not worth living" / "I want love in abundance" He said / With a slightly raised voice / Whether it's hugs and kisses or hand-holding / It's beautiful in every form / If disbelievers remain skeptical / Perhaps it's not their time / To know what love is

Chorus - It's in everyone who agrees and disagrees / Traces of it linger in thoughts and deeds / You can resist and push it away / But mass romantic is here and it will stay / It's the reason why we breathe

Written by B. (Sunday, September 7, 2014) Copyright 2014

Flesh And Bone

Verse 1 - Your heights commands attention / I immediately take notice of you / Even in dim lighting / You know that I'm what you're looking for / Your boldness is manifested / Through the touch of my posterior / You've got a taste for pleasure / Without hesitation, you go down on me / Just where are you from? / I hear a slight accent in your voice / If you're not from around here / Take me away with you

Verse 2 - After a brief interruption / You reappear with the same look in your eyes / The look of wanting, the look of hunger / Solo activity is unnecessary / External satisfaction is exactly what you need / My breath will coat your skin / You'll be rushing red / Let it flow, let it grow / If you must, let it blow / You'll choose the natural kind

Bridge 1 - In the daytime, there's confusion / When the skies darken, clarity abounds / Excitement slowly rises / And reaches a fever pitch / On the beat of a desire-filled heart

Bridge 2 - In the daytime, there's chaos and tension / When the skies darken, relief abounds / Excitement slowly rises / And reaches a fever pitch / On the thrust of a dogged-out man

Chorus - Oh, there's so much sweetness / And just a small amount / Can push you over the edge / The edge of flesh and bone / Which unites strangers like you and I / In a commonly uncommon world

Written by B. (Tuesday, May 27, 2014) Copyright 2014

Brown

Verse 1 - Brown is the colour of my skin / Soft and smooth from head to toe / Brown is rich and creamy / Full of life in its essence / It comes in a multitude of shades / Ranging from light to dark / No other colour comes close / To eclipsing its power / There's a hidden curiosity / It's frequently unspoken / But when discussion begins / Raised eyebrows and open mouths soon follow / Brown's lure is insatiable / It'll bring you to the point of no return

Verse 2 - Brown are the colour of my eyes / Deep and mysterious / Brown is rich and golden / At the centre of attention / There's an ancient affirmation / It's appearance is youthful looking / Brown's lure is insatiable / You'll want to have every part of it / Once you gain experience / Things will never be the same

Chorus 1 - Brown's capabilities are far-reaching and long lasting / Its richness is undeniable / Complex to the core / Brown's vibrancy shines right through / Its richness is captivating / Sensual to the core / Brown's vibrancy shines right through / I love brown, I love myself

Chorus 2 - Brown's capabilities are far-reaching and long lasting / Its richness is undeniable / Complex to the core / Brown's vibrancy shines right through / Its richness is captivating / Sensual to the core / Brown's vibrancy shines right through / I love brown, I love myself / It encompasses pure beauty / I love brown more than anything else / Oh, what a feeling

Written by B. (Monday, September 5, 2005) Copyright 2005

Another Day of Life

Verse 1
The universe is laughing at me every day
Sometimes I wake up
And I literally don't know what to say
Generational players were careless on a bed
And as a result, I'm fuc-ked up in the head
You took away so much from me
As if you were a vampire
Sinking your nasty teeth into me
All that you are is disgusting
All that you are is frightening

Verse 2
I used to be able to closes my eyes and dream
About the possibilities of the future
Belief in myself was the driving force
Which kept hope alive
I've lost the ability to dream in colour
When daybreak arrives, darkness remains
And this darkness overshadows what's left of me
I try to infuse my senses with goodness
But slowly, I think, I'm rotting to the core
All that you are is disgusting
All that you are is frightening

Verse 3
Part of me is covered in scar tissue
The other part is exposed to the pain of knowing you
I can't begin to heal properly
Until you discontinue terrorizing me
I don't know if your mission to eradicate me
Will be successful (I hope not)
I don't know much of anything, anymore
I'm increasingly confused
How I function is a direct reaction to my surroundings
I want to be shielded from
What makes you disgusting and frightening

Chorus
On a daily basis I have to decide
Whether or not I'm going to nut the fuc-k up
On a daily basis I have to stomp the bitc-h within me
On a daily basis I have to say "I will not kill myself"
On a daily basis I have to remind myself to stop hating
This may be unusual for you
But for me it's just another day of life

Outro
I think about continuing / Perhaps I should stop right here

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 6, 2014) Copyright 2014

Weightlifting

Verse 1 - This isn't the land of milk and honey / Almost everyone is struggling just to survive / They'd be lucky if they thrived / Never full and always wanting more / Picking up crumbs off the dirty floor / Being germ-free is a luxury

Verse 2 - When your greatest enemy is yourself / You need all the help that you can get / Attaining peace of mind is always challenging / There's an imbalance between mind and heart / Conflicting emotions can rip you apart / What you feel is not how you should be / You can't decide if you should run and hide / It may be better to go along for the ride / Your highest highs could overshadow your lowest lows / Playing games is juvenile, you have to be mature / Addressing complexities can make you more confused / Your soul is something you wish you could control

Chorus 1 - It's difficult to come to terms with your reality / Weightlifting is a skill you become familiar with

Chorus 2 - You develop numbness through your experiences / Weightlifting is a skill you become familiar with / Energy is fleeting just like happiness / Every ounce of it is as precious as clean water / Sometimes you're so tried, you would rather quit / Than continue to deal with pain and misery / Ending it all is more than a dream / You can persevere if you can concentrate / On creating a relationship with yourself / And by strengthening your soul

Chorus 3 - It's difficult to overcome challenges on your own / Weightlifting is a skill you become familiar with

Written by B. (Thursday, July 10, 2014) Copyright 2014

Back