General Sh-t

F

flareward

Yo....i lot of people want to talk cr ap ..(including myself) and have no-where to put comments...opinons on stuff except for the flow thread.....so instead of diluting the thread with stuff other than flows......maybe ya could put it in 'ere

It's up to you

out :bat:

Nites suck like a bitxh!!!!!!!!

i'll drinking pepsi like it's going out of fashion and theres no-one around to vibe off......fuk working nites!!!!:(

thats all i got to say.

CHECK IT OUT!!!

Hiphop will always be connected to poetry-it's the same thing from a literary perspective and I just caught the sh!t in poetry world

DEF POETS! Friday @ midnight-forget the cable channel it's on, but catch it!

It's the illest, really! Mos Def introduces the spoken word artists; if they had a beat, it would be rap. All the artists are dope.

Let me know if you get 2 c it.

One Love
One ATLien
:monkey: :D :monkey:

I don't think that us UK ppl will get to see that for now?????...they only stopped running Lyricist Lounge a while back and i know thats old:(

out

hey flareward you from the UK?
you got any Mark B, Lewis Parker, Delerious, A Cyde, Jest or any other underground uk shizit?

yea son!!!!

from over the water kid!!!.....
Uk is doing it's thing.....Wildflower,Rodney P, Karl Kines, TY, Mark B, Skitz,Villians...(from my sides).....why ya looking to get sh-t shipped over????????

out.

not exactly shipped over. that would be g'd though. i just wanna hear some of that UK shiet again. last time i heard some of that shiet was like 2 years ago.

aint never

i aint never hurd no british stuff.. i thought they only made hiphop in america.. haha confined i am. I wonder if they got arabian hip hop to. Yo im bin laden i gotta watch em hatters on my back usa gon attack man whats wrong with my bowl of crack maybe i should go get me a round of smack ew weeee i smell dead bodies, wait killen americans is my hobby, im just a lil bit*h sucken arabian dick

Big Up to the United Kingdom!!!
They got the hella tight underground hip hop going on..

Nah Flareward, i've always lived in Vancouver.
But me and my buddy always had dope missions to find the tightest music around, we were at the top of our hip hop music knowledge. anyways, we found hella tight music from all over the globe, but when we came accross the UK we came accross the Tightest **** i've ever heard...

hey, do you think you can rip me some albums (if you have any) on the computer and I can get it from you like that??
thanks for the websites bro. peace

More Poetry

U ever be up late at night and somethin' dope appears on the idiot box, but you're kinda too tired to move; anyway....

I saw a documentary of the 1996 Poetry Slam in Chicago. This is a national event. Just as rap and battling began somewhere in NY, the Slam predated them and began in the clubs of Chi-town. I knew this, but I hadn't seen this documentary before-it was kick *** from start to finish and THEN

I notice that a couple of the many poets they showed were recently on the Def Poets show! They are finally getting some decent pub...

At any rate, I'm going to research what I saw, see if it's on video-any info (free) on the 'net and I'll let you guys know.

PS-last weeks Def Poets featured Sara Jones (Your Revolution); Sonya Sanchez (off the hook as always). Jewel was on one of them and the Last Poets (I hope y'all know them...they invented the styles used to today in rap); Nikki Giovanni--

Mind u, the names I *didn't recognize were the best readers! Something is happening folks, peep it!

Gotta question, too: WHO IS ON JZs SHirt on the unplugged album? Julia Robert's exboyfriend is playing him in an upcoming film; I know he's a poet who was banned somewhere in South america-was he killed? Any info appreicated

One Love
:D :monkey: :D

Yeah, it's Che.

I'm surprised you didn't know more about Ernesto "Che" Guevara. Che was, together with Fidel Castro, one of the leading figures in the Cuban revolution. Originally a doctor from Argentina, Che joined the growing Leninist-Marxist movement in his home country, until he met Fidel in Mexico in 1958. After the revolution Che was made head of the national bank, but pretty much functioned as a minister of finance and minister of foreign affairs as well.
Blablablabla he headed off to Congo and fought with the guerilla there as well blablablabla left Cuba to start a revolution in Bolivia blablablabla failed miserably and was shot dead by the CIA-supported Bolivian army.

I see

Never be surprised by the depth of ignorance. I probably learned enuf about Che to pass my Latino studies class in school years ago, but it obviously didn't stick. Thanks for the info! I wonder why they blurred his face from the cover of JZ's CD....

One ATLien

:D :monkey: :D

I have no friggin idea what any if you are chatting about. The only nams I recognised were mos def , jewel and Jay Z . Educate me boyzzzzz :rolleyes:

Back