Anyone want some minor fame??

PaulieUK

Hi,

Firstly can I apologise in advance if this is inappropriate or offends any body (I'm new here, and may need to be told).

I want some people to rap/MC/record a few lines for me. THERE IS NO MONEY AVAILABLE. (I need to stress that out of fairness).

Let me explain.

As well as being a club DJ, producer (no hits yet, but I'm learning...:) ), I am a radio DJ in the UK.

I work for a reasonably large radio station. Although we have station producers, I have high production ideas and demands, therefore, make loads of stuff myself.

I have never thought of approaching something in this way before, so have no idea whether there is any interest, or whether it can happen.

I want to record some IDs including my name, and the station name, kind of rap (or MC) style, which I'll either build into the start of songs, or make into freestanding jingles.

This is my own idea, and therefore there is no finance available for it.

My thought process is that there must be loads of undiscovered, but skilled rappers and MCs that would like to be involved in something that actually gets heard. I may be wrong here.

My question is: Does anyone fancy being the voice of one or more bits of radio production?

All I can promise is that if I can get the right thing, I'll turn it into a bit of production, that will be broadcast and heard in the UK. I'll send (post or email) the person or people who's voice I've used a copy of what I've done[This will happen, but it won't necessarily be immediate or fast turnaround, it depends what else I have to finish]. If needed, I'll also send a reference on headed paper confirming the person's involvement. The station simulcasts online, so any finished production could be heard live via the web.

What I can't promise, but what may be the case, is that the idea gets used by my company/other radio companies or producers, and it may therefore lead to further work. Equally if or when I'm at a point where I need some rapping or MCing for my own music (no idea when this may be), obviously I'm gonna look first at any people who've sent me stuff before.

If there's anyone that fancies giving this a go, here's how I propose to work:

Email me (address at the end), I'll send you some details - the names and pronounciations of what I want. Either you come up with a few lines, I can suggest some, or we can work together.

What I'll need is your recording (wav or MP3) emailed to me. Pure voice on a reasonable mike will be ok, plus if possible, the tempo that you've recorded to.
Ideally, I'd like just the voice. If you have to record to some basic beats, I think this may be possible too.

I can sort out reverb, fx, editing timestretching etc etc.
The quality obviously has to be pretty good, otherwise it just cannot be used on radio.

I have no fixed picture of what I want yet, I just like the idea. In the UK at the moment, Garage is a big thing, so if you can MC in that style, that'd be excellent - tempos of around 120-140bpm.
Equally, r & b/hip hop/rap at around 80 -110 bpm would be good too.

Even if you like the idea of being a straight voice just saying a voice-over phrase, not necessarily rapped, let me know.

If you've got this far, and you think you may be interested email fp@paulgillies.com

If possible, give me an idea of your style, or email a short MP3 snippet of you doing something - it may be easier to think of the right things for the right people, if I know what you're about.

As I said before, I've never tried anything like this before. It would be fantastic if it could happen. I get some cool production, you get the pride of being heard and an extra line on your CV.

Equally, please post any feedback to this idea here.

Thanks

P

Back