Anonymous Songwriter

SimonT

Just wanna throw something out there. Do people here think it would be possible, to become a successful songwriter in this day and age with the internet etc, and remain anonymous? I was gonna ask, and are there any lol! then I realised, how would we know haha!

I suppose it'd depend on 2 factors:-

1) How successful you were?
2) The genre?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Anonymous, to the point you could conceal your actual birth name, I'm sure is possible. However you'd probably end up gaining recognition under one of your nick names, user name etc.
Interesting Idea though

I was thinking more in person than in name really. I just want to be a producer/songwriter and stay out of the limelight.

I was thinking more in person than in name really. I just want to be a producer/songwriter and stay out of the limelight.

a producer/songwriter staying out of the limelight is the norm, you don't have to be "anonymous". Celebrity producers are the exception to the rule, because they wanted the fame.

I should have also said, producing too. My goal is to become a songwriter/producer and sell my music, but staying out of the limelight is my aim. Just sit back, rake in the wealth (hopefully) and go live on a tropical island lol!

Only one way I could see you staying 100% anonymous; upload your music online through someone else's computer (public library) and make sure to install some sort of proxy service on whatever you use, if you want to be paid I suggest using something like bitcoin and allowing people to go to a page to donate.

I would like to think its possible because I have the dreams of being a successful songwriter. Just waiting on a blessing!

It would be difficult to profit and, at the same time, be anonymous. There are some people, however, that work behind the scenes and aren't terribly well known.

'One thing we all adore
Something worth dying for
Nothing but pain
Stuck in this game
Searching for fortune and fame'
Tupac Feat. Outlawz - Fame

Back