LOVE - Boom Bap - F4F

rangusroon

Pete Range
Watup people. What do you think of my new joint?

Drop a link and I will return the favour.

:victory:

Last edited:
Sounds good. I might suggest adding a 16 bar break where the strings/vocals sample cuts out at some point in the middle of the track or towards the end just to add a bit of variation, but it's just an idea.

Edit:
As I finished writing this post I noticed that I was gently moving my foot and head to the beat haha, good work.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I might suggest adding a 16 bar break where the strings/vocals sample cuts out at some point in the middle of the track or towards the end just to add a bit of variation, but it's just an idea.

Edit:
As I finished writing this post I noticed that I was gently moving my foot and head to the beat haha, good work.

Hehe cheers for that man!

I like it man [so many dope instrumentals coming up today!] there's a really nice groove to it and you keep that going even dropping out the start of your bars and all that stuff.
Think Egan' suggestion to have confidence in how strong your beat is and maybe give it some room to do its thing would be a great little variation.

I think your mix could be a little wider if you put a stereo expander on your sends which would really give those strings an even bigger sound.
Maybe being a bassist I'm a bit biased but I was kind of hoping that a huge sub might come in after some amount of the beat up top as an intro but considering there's no bassline it's amazing how you kept me listening all the way through just with your beat.

My latest production is over at https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../roots-love-my-life-remake-451052/?highlight=

Nice. B

I like it man [so many dope instrumentals coming up today!] there's a really nice groove to it and you keep that going even dropping out the start of your bars and all that stuff.
Think Egan' suggestion to have confidence in how strong your beat is and maybe give it some room to do its thing would be a great little variation.

I think your mix could be a little wider if you put a stereo expander on your sends which would really give those strings an even bigger sound.
Maybe being a bassist I'm a bit biased but I was kind of hoping that a huge sub might come in after some amount of the beat up top as an intro but considering there's no bassline it's amazing how you kept me listening all the way through just with your beat.

My latest production is over at https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../roots-love-my-life-remake-451052/?highlight=

Nice. B

Thanks for the detailed and honest feed. It does have a heavy 808 bassline but only under the kick drum i wanted to keep it really east coast, but maybe i need to pump it a bit.

I feel like you hit it right on the head with this one man, you nailed the sound so accurately, good shit!

Jazzydrew I think they are a little hot I will fix that. Got you back on your thread. Thanks guys. :finger:

Last edited:
Man this track is just flawless. I cant find anything to say bad about this! Wow. The drums, sample, instrumentation, flow, its all there. Great job.

Yeah man,it's a classic.I don't have anything bad to say about it.The mix is really clean,everything sounds clear and that 808 fits really well under the kick drum.

Thanks guys I am glad you like it. It was a bit of a 9th Wonder Pete Rock type beat so glad you got that!

D-Funkafied, I really like your track. You have a good choice of drums for that sample. I would definitely add a big bassline that makes your joint bump. Also the main sample gets a tad repetitive after a while, maybe try and change the chords up a bit or use a different instrument?

Good work though mate!

Nice beat! I'm not a fan of the 808 but the cuts are good and the drums too. I also liked how you added some variations and how you placed the vocals and it never gets repetitive or boring.
Thanks for the feed on my west coast beat!

Back