your opinion

dkapbeatz

i know this isnt the right place to post but i think ill get the most feedback here. i been makin beats for a year or so and i would like some feedback on this track i made. similar to the young jezzy joint. any feedback is apperciated....(this is my first song up for critic)

www.myspace.com/dkapproductions

I dont particularly like the sound of the drums...sound like stock sounds...you need to get a better crisper sounding drum kit

But i think you have a good ear..i really like the sample....i think it should come in and out not play through the whole thing

Let the "yeah" sample highlight the beat....dont let it be your whole beat.

Sounds good man....keep working on it.

Your beat right now is like really good pasta, it will sound good once you make lasagna, you know what i mean.. layers

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, the YAAA YAAA YAAA is hot but you should just leave it at the intro and maybe hook section. Leave it at the 4 bars and then stop it. Anyway you get the idea, I think a lot of people keep that type of thing in there whole beat because they want something that sounds like a "song" but it's just a "beat" There's no artist singing so that sample kinda fills that position you know what im tryin to say, I know you feel me. But the beat is coo man. And the sample, when used correctly. Maybe loop it at the end of the song, I could feel that!

brilliant...really smooth...but liek people said....the "yeahh" should jus be the hook or the intro...

but overall really nice...personally i'd change the bass drum sound to a more beefier kick rather than a boxy click.......but its all personal preference...

yea i agree but there wasnt much more to sample in the song...ill go back and work on it some more...thanks for the feedback...yea the drums need to knock but the track isnt mixed or anything

Back