Up in NY

For "Up In NY", I can only really comment on the drums/production since I'm not the biggest fan of funk. I would definitely like to hear a wider more pronounced snare, it feels too narrow in the mix. I like the bass line, it works well. I don't really think the "mmph" sound effect fits at all.. it's just weird and out of place. The synths sound kinda cheesy but I like the melody you used with them. It's definitely a happy feeling track and isn't terrible by any means.

I liked "Down in Town" a lot more. I'm a huge fan of rhodes and the synths you used for it... great work on the melodies too. the bass line is good, but I probably would've chosen a different bass synth. I like the groove of the song a lot as well, it's not too linear, I can hear some late 80s early 90s rnb action goin on.

Overall not bad work... keep doing your thing and I hope I helped you in some way. Thanks for checking out my tracks as well!

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/right-here-prod-kirkley-piano-violin-uplifting-feel-100%25-f4f-398084/#post49329145

I like the guitar in "Up In NY" ... And for "Down in Town" the melody is something I can listen to all day..

Keep up the good work man!

Thanks both for commenting.
Thanks Gemini_, I appreciate a lot the accurate feedback :)
Thanks for this Spitta HD :
the melody is something I can listen to all day...
These songs are old, even if it's labeled 2009, it's from 2005/2006.
btw : Spitta do you have some music somewhere ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feed... now to return the favor.

Up In NY: I like this beat! It has a real chill, laid back feel. I gotta agree with Gemini on the "mmph" effects, doesn't fit this track at all. The mix sounds pretty cool.. I like the drum arrangements and instruments. Thicken up the strings melody for the breakdown part to a chord progression, they sound really thin. Other than that I feeling this track, it's a different sound I don't hear producers recreating now days!

Down In Town: This track really has a old school movie score sound to it (in a good way). Once again another laid back feel track, I could hear on something on in the late 80's early 90's set in the summertime. That's the picture I get when I hear this beat. The percussion you used works well with the overall production. You definitely used these drums and instruments to create and oldie track. That sax the comes in is sick too! If I had to choose between this one and "Up In NY" this would be the winner! Good work.

Back