Start over (the start).. Epic music (feedback is def. Returned!)

NOXBEATZ

All done in Logic , again another track capturing various genres in one piece effortlessly..

All feedback is returned , just drop links to your THREAD.. not files.. thanks!

Me on the beginning section
My girlfriend Andrea on the ending hook

All production/mixing/composition done by me

Some extra drums done by Derek Vautrinot of Destructive Drums

http://soundcloud.com/nox-beatz-productions/operatic-breakdown-start-over#utm_campaign=autoshare

LEAVE COMMENTS ON SOUNDCLOUD TOO , WILL RETURN ANY FAVORS!

Follow me @prodbynoxbeatz on Twitter!

LETS GO!

Overall I didn't like it. But Im not a big fan of mixing genres too much together though. What stroke me first was the effect on the voice (very low retune speed in autotune?). Didn't like that. The intro is kaotic, and not very easy to listen to (because of the syncopated and overuse of crashes + the construction worker feel). The vocal melody a bit non-dynamic and boring/slow. The bassdrum that comes in in the techno part doesn't fit in my ears. I liked when the piano/strings came in.

Hope you still wanna critique my song:

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359102

thanks for the feedback regardless.. This is an experimental track and the autotune is to give it a "drag feel" hence the slow response time. Thank you though

Last edited:
I like it! To me it has that variation and uniqueness that music needs nowadays... The elements blend well together... maybe the vocal can be smoother, dude sounds like he might not be the best singer, but it still works all over... track has lots o potential...

I just heard the female singer come in... damn...

Hey what's up!! I am listening to your song... Definitley like what you did with it.....The vocoder/autotune/melodyne whatever it was got in the way a little bit during the male vocalist performance.. I think more judicious use of that effect would take the song further down the road...Oceral I liked the feel of this track, and could easily see it being used for a tv commercial. Good Job

I would appreciate it it fif you could listen to our track called Skate in Purple Vans. The link to our soundclick page is at the bottom!!

Last edited:
Thx for the feedback on my thread bro! On a musicality level i wasnt vibing the first half of the track, just not my thing. But on a sonic level the recording and mix sounds very clean and presentable. When the beat drops at the end its dope. Def banger. Biggest thing me and my bro noticed listening was we would prefer some harder bass. Regardless of mixing preference it is very balanced and clean. The harmony sounds pretty good on the female. I appreciate that she is singing her own harmonies (atleast as far as i can tell!). Im not a fan of harmony plugs etc, and level of respect for the artist goes up tremendously when they can sing their own harmonies.

Personally, I would spread the harmonies wider i nthe feild with some delay/panning etc. But honestly the relevance of my opinion is boiling down to mixing preference. Overall nothing sounds out of place.

The instrumentation in the first half is good. I just dont like the effects/ 808 hearbreaks style. That being sound it sounds good sonically!

Last edited:
peace- thanks for the feed,, i'm listenin to this and thinking europe , this feels like it could hit hard as hell over there , i picture this in the club too people fist pumping around the 2min mark lol i think it'ld be jumpin, maybe you coulda gave it another minute to make it a 4:20 long song , extend the girls singing feels like it cut off too soon , i understand about the tease make a mofo want some more but c'moooon lol
tight work

Im with Quantum on this one I like the music but not the singing. I dont really know what category this music falls into though so my opinion could be way off on what to judge. Just melodically I couldn't feel the singing meshing with the beat that well.

If you could hit me with the same honest feedback it would be appreciated:
https://www.futureproducers.com/forum...d.php?t=359138

My honest opinion. Its not my kinda music. But far as the sound and the quality I think is pretty good, and if I did like that kinda music it would be hott lol..

AutoooTuuune.. that was pretty good though I liked it.. and the female vocals at the end were very good.

Hey man you have the privilege/curse of being my first post! I think the track progesses into a more 'club' style track towards the end, don't know if that's how you see 'epic'. I think there's elements in there that sit well with Rob Dougan- Furious Angels (Epic but has less of a club feel) and then more mainstream stuff like Pendulum and a relatively new artist called 'Stan SB'- if you haven't heard him check him out, especially his song 'Give Them Hell'. I think you could cherry pick some of the best bits from this song and have a very good liquid drum and bass, providing that's something that interests you.
With regards the vocals i'd say less is more. Maybe have the female vocal sing more sparse verses and then have your 'start over' bit as the epic chorus with a bit less autotune.

yeah man i liked everything except you singing on it no disrespect.. your gril sounded real good on it.. the beat is out of the box which i can appreciate but not TOO out of the box

btw I actually heard of you around my way, my team and I were at musicball studios last night recording with Lu Balz he was sayin that you and Cream have been doin sht togather

heres my thread
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359332

Thanks for all the reviews , love ya'll honesty. I usually don't autotune like this and honestly I CAN sing but I sang off into autotune to give it a "fighting note" feeling like I'm struggling to get out what I'm saying , there's going to be 2 more parts , where I actually sing in it , I'm uploading a song soon called "Dead Roses" which will show you that I can actually sing a lick lol , just experimental and of course not everyone will like it , but everyone likes one part of it , and that's what I like! Thanks again everyone , returned feedback , keep it coming!

Last half of the song is simply HOT!!! I think that could easily be a big radio joint! But, the beggining was kinda pitchy on the vocals. I think to properly pull that begging part off the vocals have got to be A+ (even with auto-tune and distortion). Production wise its a hot track and done with the right artist could be a hit!

Back