so I re-made the ITS GOIN DOWN beat....

i was bored, so i remade "it's goin down" by yung joc. :cool: everything is from Reason 3, even the drums. wat do you guys think? :sing:

Last edited:
attachment aint workin right...nevermind I tried again an it workd...

sounds aight the mix needs work though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you meant you did an "it's going down" remix, and I was so confused as to why :)

this is pretty impressive. Nice

Sakun One said:
I thought you meant you did an "it's going down" remix, and I was so confused as to why :)

this is pretty impressive. Nice

haha. same here. and at first i thought it was a remix for I'm Going Down by Mary J Blige. sounds good tho

xtrordinare said:
its alright, sounds pretty much the same, but why recreate this song??
lol, this took what, 5 minutes?

Yeah creating similar patches + Finding the same sounds + playing them at the same time... I'm sure that you could do it in 5 minutes

the main melody is two notes the pitch of the drum changes every now and then why dont you do your self a favor tryn recreate a more cmoplicated song such as rhianna unfatiful now that would be impressive

xtrordinare said:
its alright, sounds pretty much the same, but why recreate this song??
well it was the hottest song last year.....8 weeks @ #1 on the billboard chart.....why not? :)
xtrordinare said:
lol, this took what, 5 minutes?
nah, took about an hour. about 5 minutes figuring out the notes, 30 or 40 designing the sounds and finding the right drum samples, about another 10 adjusting the notes, gettin the drums to swing just right....then another 5 minutes automating the panning & volume correctly on the claves and rimshots and another 5 arranging it into song format, (intro, verse, hook) with drops etc. So yeah, if i learned anything from this...it's that "simple" sounding beats aren't necesarily "simple" to make...the pros just make it look easy :monkey:
VPell said:
how do you do a snare roll in reason? seriously, I dont know and want to know.
pg16kid said:
Someone tell me the keys andh ow to play it.. I dont know the notes :|
642brew.jpg
The synth I made using two sawtooths...one pitched -20 cents down, and the other +20 cents up.....one panned hard left, the other hard right, for a wide stereo sound ;) For the snare roll i just clicked in 16th notes in the sequencer window....i dunno if that answers your question @ VPell

Last edited:
man did yall not get it when he said he did this for fun or where most of u not paying attention? stop acting like that. either say hey good job or bad job dont say why would u do THAT beat? why not somthing else? this was also a synth programing excersie for him cos he made that patch from scratch. good job on the beat man and keep on with it.

holla back cos im BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199448

oh wow thats a whole nother thread lol look up subtractive synthesis and granular on google or yahoo theirs some good links on that

Back