Short Piano Melody - F4F

I like it at the beginning but after 1 minute it start to get muddy. I think you might have too many keys played in the low end. Ty to give it some space. And try to change the other instrument around so they won't clashed. It's the variation that you play that has to fit within the context. But you got the idea going so I like it. Just work on those.

Check on my SC I also have a piano recorded. Some people thought it was a real grand piano but in fact, it's a high end sample based library.

Thanks guys.

@Star27: Your piano track was great! I reposted it on my soundcloud. You're right, I have way too much low end in all of my keys; even in the beginning, at least I think. I tried to remove a lot of the harmonics down there to make it cleaner, but I left a lot of the low-mids in everything and they all just added up. Listening to your keys, I can hear the way they should actually be EQ'd. I've been doing a lot of piano stuff lately, so I'll try to change it up and see how that works.

You know your track is good when it sounds so real. Sweet work on that piano man! You should definitely do more of that.

Feel free to repost, I appreciate that and am grateful. Thanks! I am doing more piano in the process so check back I should have some more.

As far the mixing goes, that is due to nothing I've done. It's the way Ivory pans the sample for stereo width, all that I've added is just a bit clarity to it. That's all.

Thanks for listening!

Ok, so for your piano.. is probably too heavy in the mids. Eq cut if needed. Chances are it's a poor use of pedaling on the bass instrument. You could also probably playing chords that don't harmonize well cuz the tone are different. So try changing your sound and see what work and what doesn't. You could also playing chords too low on the piano and with too many notes, thus causing too many clashes with the other instruments. Try to experiment a more open voicing approach and maybe that will fix some of the issue. Good luck.

Doing all this within FL Studio, thank god I've got a decent midi keyboard haha. Tried some new EQ tricks on some other synths and it's sounding pretty good now, at least i think. Thanks man, really appreciate it.

Wow, that was hauntingly beautiful. You just threw that together? Anyway your piano skills are impressive, I'll be following you on soundcloud.

If anyone who reads this has the time to check out my soundcloud (in my sig) it'd be great and much appreciated, I have a variety of songs in a variety of styles that I'd always like more feedback on. Thanks, and thanks for the great music in this thread, I found a bunch of people's music I liked.

Thanks man! I put this one together just so I could learn how to work on the low end better. But I've been doing a lot of piano stuff as of late.

I just checked out your profile, I'm digging the glitch hop man. I don't really follow the genre that much, but I thought your tracks were well mixed. That "Shake the dust" track was my fave. Drop some new tracks on your profile to keep it fresh!

Back