Serena Ryder - Stompa remix

Honestly, since this is a remix contest, I would've liked to hear a more drastic departure from the original material. More specifically, the percussion aspects.

That being said, It's good for what it is. The only other bone I have with it are the keyboards. I don't know if it's a matter of mixing or just the type of sound that you picked, but it doesn't feel like it's blending in with the composition. It sounds like it's sitting ON TOP of the music instead, feel me?

Also, did you piano roll it?

I did hear the extra synths you put in, I commend you on that variation from the original track.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. You are right about the blending. They gave us stem files with reverb all over them, which caused some mixing problems. It actually took a whole day to mix (6 different mixes).The piano parts were played on my keyboard. The percussion was new, but it was intentional to feel similar to the original because all the other entries are house music/dubstep remixes. I figured it would stand out more. I appreciate the feedback man, thanks.

I don't know the original track so I don't know which elements were kept from the original track besides the vocals but this is tight. I really enjoyed this mix, great synths, the piano's great too. I really like the fact that you used some real instruments in combination with synths. My only suggestion would be to maybe use a more "real" piano because the one you're using sounds a bit "synthy" ( i only noticed at the end though) and I honestly think that would sound better. But i'm just nitpicking here, it's a great track. Good job !
Check out my latest experiment when you got time, cheers
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...feedback/jazzy-electro-experiment-f4f-452810/

Nice piano, vocal is well mixed. I don't know the original sound but that remix sounds like you know what you are doing :) Also the clap sounds nice (it's more snap than clap). Keep it up :)

Back