sample used in DJ Shadows "Building steam with a grain of salt"

L

LowKick

I was wondering if anyone knows the sample that was used in Dj Shadow's "Building steam with a grain of salt" song off of endtroducing. I am looking for the mans voice that speaks in the intro and outro "Producing...", etc. Just wondering if anyone might know what album it is off, or who he is?
Thanks in advance

Try thinking about it a little...

Is Track Review Central really the most intuitive place to post this question? It's like interrupting a high school Battle of the Bands to ask if anyone knows that song that goes "nah nah nah"...

So if we take the time to read the forum headings, we can immediately see that DJ Stuff, Music Genres and Production Techniques are all a lot more relevant than a forum for members to get their own tracks reviewed.

Yes, I'm being an a$$hole but seriously, we need to do your thinking for you too now? Why don't we just have one great big forum so you don't need to trouble yourself with the apparently horrendously difficult task of classifying your own post?

Actually, I did think about it a little. I am new here, and I thought "General track review" was a place to review songs, and ask general questions about songs, (such as samples, artists, etc.). I see now that I misinterpreted the word "track".

"Yes, I'm being an a$$hole" That you are, as it was a simple mistake, and I was sincere in asking what forum to post my question in.

"It's like interrupting a high school Battle of the Bands to ask if anyone knows that song that goes "nah nah nah"
I see, so basically, it's like living through your computer because you have no other life, and the internet forums are the only place where you might have seniority, (since your testicles havent dropped yet), and therefore act like a badass or a "keyboard warrior", but you're really the guy that has to register in every town he resides?

And rather than learning from your mistake, you lash out with some terrible pop psychology instead. Nice.

I'm not a "keyboard warrior"...god knows what that is. What I am, though, is serious enough about what I'm trying to do hear that I realise that this is a community and act like it.

It wasn't your first post that made me reply, it was the fact that when someone pointed out that this was the wrong forum you couldn't even be bothered to take a look at the forum list and think about where it might go. Jesus wept! It's a list of a dozen or so forums and you couldn't even decipher that enough to make a more educated guess?!

The tagline of this site is "increasing communication amongst musicians". Unfortunately, it's beginning to feel like "answering the petulant demands of the ignorant" would be more apt.

Back