Ryan Anthony -- One In A Million (R&B Beat)

RAnthony

Registered Beat Maker
Wudup fam, just posted a new beat on soundclick titled "One In A Million". Check it out if u can. Please leave some FB. I made this for an artist, and they insisted that the same piano melody play throughout, I objected against it, but I don't think it came out that bad.

Drop links, feedback will be returned ASAP.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9051773

In terms of arrangement I think the track is really on point and is well developed, however it is just the sounds themselves that need to be beefed up. The synths should be thickened up, in addition to the shaker and the snare sound.

If you need any drum kits i can send you some just ask i have over 2000 sounds

in terms of synths i also have some i might be able to give to you depending on what system you have, just let me know

www . futureproducers . com /forums /showthread. php?t=330958

Last edited by a moderator:
my bad i accidentally added stuff from another post to yours lol

piano is hot. bass line is really dope. not sure if im a fan of the snare/clap. a lot of nice instrumentation variation. like the transition. i dont think you are covering the full frequency range tho, because even tho you have a lot of different things going on it still feels a little empty. maybe throw a frequency analyzer on your main output and see what frequencies you are missing to fill the track up. my $0.02

UR right about the piano melody It does start to get a lil stale ...but hey if that's what the artist prefers...The bridge was dope tho!

Keep at it homie!

piano is hot. bass line is really dope. not sure if im a fan of the snare/clap. a lot of nice instrumentation variation. like the transition. i dont think you are covering the full frequency range tho, because even tho you have a lot of different things going on it still feels a little empty. maybe throw a frequency analyzer on your main output and see what frequencies you are missing to fill the track up. my $0.02

I saw a video with someone using one of those, but I never got one. I don't know of any, or where, I can get one though. What do they do? They just show you what frequencies are being used and you just EQ? I have no idea how to begin with them lol.

I saw a video with someone using one of those, but I never got one. I don't know of any, or where, I can get one though. What do they do? They just show you what frequencies are being used and you just EQ? I have no idea how to begin with them lol.

The Waves SSL series plugins have a really nice frequency analyzer. Just throw one of those on your master output and it will show you what your track sounds like as far as the frequencies are concerned. by looking at it, you should be able to tell which frequencies need boosted. from there, you can either boost your existing instruments in those lacking frequencies by way of eq or add additional instrumentation to fill up those frequencies. hope that makes sense :)

The Waves SSL series plugins have a really nice frequency analyzer. Just throw one of those on your master output and it will show you what your track sounds like as far as the frequencies are concerned. by looking at it, you should be able to tell which frequencies need boosted. from there, you can either boost your existing instruments in those lacking frequencies by way of eq or add additional instrumentation to fill up those frequencies. hope that makes sense :)

when making a song do you want to use every frequency?

when making a song do you want to use every frequency?

i only meant that using a frequency analyzer is another tool you can use to assist you in making a fuller mix, as far as the frequencies are concerned. didn't mean to imply anything other than that.

I like this, real nice and chill. I think some reverb on that snare would really add a lot to the track... the other instruments are straight, bass reminds me of some pac shyt :P
Mix is clean, but the kick could use a little more low end imo.

I like this, real nice and chill. I think some reverb on that snare would really add a lot to the track... the other instruments are straight, bass reminds me of some pac shyt :P
Mix is clean, but the kick could use a little more low end imo.

Thanks for the feed. I was thinking of adding some reverb to that snare as well, I should have done it. I'll see what I can do with that kick too.

Back