Where to take this beat next?

Hi All.

So I'm still new to the whole producing thing and lately I've found myself stuck in a creation zone where everything turns out to sound the same.

I wanted to focus more on creating a subtle sound and using pianos and strings with a live drum feel. This is what I have so far.

I know the melody is repetitive at this stage which is what I want to change, but I'm looking for advice/feedback from anybody out there who'd be happy to give the track a positive influence.

As always, I'll happily provide feedback to any other tracks out there. Follows on soundcloud are welcome :cool:

Taking this beat to the next level

Hi All.

So I'm still new to the whole producing thing and lately I've found myself stuck in a creation zone where everything turns out to sound the same.

I wanted to focus more on creating a subtle sound and using pianos and strings with a live drum feel. This is what I have so far.

I know the melody is repetitive at this stage which is what I want to change, but I'm looking for advice/feedback from anybody out there who'd be happy to give the track a positive influence.

As always, I'll happily provide feedback to any other tracks out there. Follows on soundcloud are welcome :cool:

I would try to put in a smooth bassline at 0.33
Also play around with your piano notes for variation.

Otherwise you put it all together nicely.

I would try to put in a smooth bassline at 0.33
Also play around with your piano notes for variation.

Otherwise you put it all together nicely.

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it. I'll try and switch up the piano loop and get a bassline added in earlier.

Back