Pop Rock Tune

Ok the track has some work required I could say its good but instead I'll be brutally harsh as in the long run your music will benefit.
IMO (which really isn't worth sh1t)
There too much going on all at once Bass is too loud compared to drums which sound muddy and indistinct. also sounded like a wooly distorted guitar which wasn't defined and therefore was more like a wall of noise rather than adding anything.
The keys were pretty cheesy and way too much of them.
Start by cutting everything back to the bass, Drums and Vocals try to eq that to punch a bit more and be clear without over powering te vocals
try cutting out Hi and Lo frquencies tht are not needed for that part that will start to create space.
Rerecord the guitar or edit it so there is less. less is more. save the cheezy keyboard melody for the chorus in the verse stick to either chord pads or 3 or 4 note fills maybe even try a sequenced style synth part lower in the mix to help drive the verse along.
Or ignor me which may also be a good option!

Dude - that is awesome feedback, really specific things that need to be fixed. That is the most helpful feedback I've gotten. Thanks man!

Dude - that is awesome feedback, really specific things that need to be fixed. That is the most helpful feedback I've gotten. Thanks man!

If its useful then you're welcome!
It can help to isolate parts to see how they sound and will also help spot any mistakes which you can either fix or rerecord.
Take for example the start of Stevie Wonder Superstition.It opens with "that" Drum beat but its full and Balanced and the only thing playing before the Clavinet(s) all 6 of them come in. It stands up on its own.
When your Drums sound that good on their own its a pretty solid base to start from.
Also watch use of effects keep them subtle too much Reverb Delay will just muddy everything up and it will become indistint
limiters gates and Compressers are your friends but use them sparingly.
Look foward to the remix!

Last edited:
Back