As the Fire Burns

-kick drum shouldn't be so far left and epsecfially the snare

-Bass lacks presence for me personally

-the intro seems to just start a little oddly like the synth fades in really fast and it sounds unnatural, I'd suggest either fading it in slower or no fade at all
I like your overall concept a lot man, I think that warm paddy synth could have a bit taken out of the bottom end too!

-The crashes are insanely low and sound like whispers, also where are the hats driving the rhythm? This song really needs that

-When it breaks into that triple kick bit it just feels a bit empty, a bit dead

-Around the 38 second mark that change sounds pretty cool, that section is starting to show what this piece can be but it feels to me like a prechorus, it's just begging for a chorus after it. Definitely work on a bridge for this piece too!

-overall though you've got potential here, a great mood, I'd suggest keep working on it, fill it out, listen to bands you love and see what's missing. I like your overall concept a lot man, I think that warm paddy synth could have a bit taken out of the bottom end too!

^ Great comments. The only thing I'd add -- you might want to vary the velocity on the triple kick some so it doesn't sound so robotic. Cheers.

Back