"Requiem" - ambient meets MOOG lead - hommage to Bob MOOG

Hades said:
THM's true identity ?

I think I kind of heard that one "through the grapevine" ages ago.

"Mjindè" is a small place (idem voor nabijgelegen gemeentes)

but my lips are sealed. :p

THM = M.I.K.E.

...discuss

verrrrrry nice indeed !!! :victory:
the atmosphere patch sounded vaguely familiar (god I love that VST !)
great texture/overall atmosphere in general. the only things I didn't like completely were the piano part and the lead.
The piano part is good, but perhaps it could do with a tidy bit more variation sometimes. not much, just a little here and there. a small change in the melody somewhere.
the lead made me think too much of progressive stuff, and I'm not a fan of progressive stuff. To me it always sounds a bit like overkill/showing off technique too much (not saying you are showing off your technique here, just what progressive usually brings up in my mind).

the bass was excellent, and I loved the subtle fx and nuances here and there (which is probably why the lead annoyed me a bit, somehow it didn't seem to fit in with the other subtle stuff in my opinion)

but I feel like a total jerk giving comments on your music, THM, even when they're meant constructive (at least I hope they sound that way, otherwise: go burn down my parents house, I'm sure you can find them :p )
*puts on Wayne and Garth voice and starts making bowing gestures* : "we're not worthy! we're not worthy !"

great track THM !!!
we want more !!! :victory: :victory:
:cheers:

No I mean M.I.K.E. is so many levels higher than me - sorry for the misunderstanding. It is still great to get such a compliment... !! :p

fjuuuw,

you were getting me down with just one smiley. (in the middle of an enthousiastic evolver demo's listening session)
(guess it's also too many nightshifts, not enough sleep and canned desperados
but I'm also a moody bastard, my wife keeps telling me :p )
I was also saying if my info was right (coincidentally info I got years even before I got back into synths, as I said : mjindè...) I like your music better than M.I.K.E's

If the info's incorrect, then I'm just a stupid ass on the net, who needs another desperados !!! :victory:

OT : how's the little fraulein doing ?

The first THM track that I've ever heard and a great one it is too. There are some great synths in use here and it would appear that you know how to get the best from them. Which synth gave you the pad that builds just before the piano comes in? Very Floyd...

Nice work; I'd like to hear more.

Anyway, I thought I'd gatecrash your forum and have a listen.

[mental note] Must get MemoryMoog up and running...[/mental note]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Rich said:
Which synth gave you the pad that builds just before the piano comes in? Very Floyd...

Yeah it wasn't meant like that but after hearing with the phaser I had the same feeling. A little like the intro of "Shine On You crazy Diamond", isn't it !?
It's only a pretty simple Jupiter-8 string patch I made in a real hurry, but token over a very big chord (I had to record it in two takes because of the limited polyphony of the JP-8); but what makes the simple sound really outstanding is the phaser fx I added...

And btw: great to meet you here too Rich !! :cheers:

man! talk about great production! wow! i hope that one day i'll be able to produce something as musical as this..

really...professional...:p...I dont know what to criticize...yes, its too short...hope next time you post something thats 20 minutes long! :D that´d be nice

My next track is ready: "An Amazing Power Of Observation". It will be published here on FP still this week.
It's more or less the same style like "Requiem" but without the intense lead solo.
And I'm working on another track yet that will be real soft ambient - so that one will be pretty different.

The URL of "An Amazing Power Of Observation" will follow asap.

I really like Requiem! The way fading and growing sounds float around in the soundscape and percussions and bass create sort of steady background mass. The package stays together and feels whole.

Technically and musically really firm piece with strong atmosphere and feel to it. Nice work!

I barely connected and fired up my console after about a week or so and you already have something new I'm going to listen to.:o

Most of what there's to be said about you track has already been written but I'm going to repeat stuff anyways.:D

You mixing is very good, your different sounds all blnd in well together and your overall sound is pretty nice.

I disagree with Mano about taking the drum sounds out, but of course, that's all left up to preference. It adds a nice touch to the ambience and still leaves people room to get lost in the ambience itself.

The only thing I recommend, is that if you know you screwed up in your solo, even just a little bit, fix it.:) You'll like your piece that much more after.:) Weird stuff how we can know something is wrong, and everyone will hear the same thing, like it, and yet it can nag you to death whenever you hear it.:p

I look forward to hearing your next piece. Hopefully I have good time to listen reply soon.:)

Keep up the great work THM. And let me borrow some synths.:p j/p

Back