My Experimental Instrumentals

From the reggae perspective, bro you're dabblin. That's my impression. I'm a serious reggae roots musician, composer and producer and honestly its hard to to take your reggae beats serious when i hear a smattering of styles on your page. That being said I listened to the reggae-ish track "march beat". The positive part is this: the piano skank and snare are swingin in the pocket nice. The kick on 1 is off and threatens the balance you have going in the piano/snare swing. Not a whole lot else to say. I get where you are going (I hope) and I like that you are morphing the reggae groove, but if you want respect from the reggae community, you have to demonstrate in the music your mastery of reggae fundamentals. Point me to more of your reggae beats and I'll try to give additional feedback.

From the reggae perspective, bro you're dabblin. That's my impression. I'm a serious reggae roots musician, composer and producer and honestly its hard to to take your reggae beats serious when i hear a smattering of styles on your page. That being said I listened to the reggae-ish track "march beat". The positive part is this: the piano skank and snare are swingin in the pocket nice. The kick on 1 is off and threatens the balance you have going in the piano/snare swing. Not a whole lot else to say. I get where you are going (I hope) and I like that you are morphing the reggae groove, but if you want respect from the reggae community, you have to demonstrate in the music your mastery of reggae fundamentals. Point me to more of your reggae beats and I'll try to give additional feedback.

I sincerely apologize for not getting to this sooner. I would love to get more of your feedback on some other stuff. I have some serious reggae productions that I'm working on so I don't feel comfortable sharing it publicly yet. Let me know if this still reaches you and the best way to get to you.

-bless

Back