[F4F] Romantic Reggaeton Track (Remake)

klzbeats13

Reggaetonero
Hey guys! It's been a while since my last post. School caught up to me (about to be a 2nd year in University) so I had to put the music making on hold, but I'm back now. You guys are a great and welcoming community, so I just want to thank you guys ahead of time for being real and giving a freshie like myself great advice.

With that said, during June I've been on and off reworking my older works, starting with my first one. You guys can listen to the first one here. It had potential, but it was lacking on the mix side, and was lacking some umph... Something that made the track more pleasant to listen to and worth while.

I think I finally got that umph with this edition of the track. Added some more synths. Changed up the composition a little bit. Did maaaassive work on the mix. To my new ears, it sounds ready for mastering. But I would love your guy's opinion on the track. Let me know what you guys like, and what you guys think I should work on before I master. And any mastering tips would be GREATLY appreciated as well.

Sorry for the long rant, but here you go. Tratando Algo. Download it for a better feel of the track :)

Last edited:
I'm getting South American vibes from this. A sort of feel-good dance track -- I can hear Shakira singing over it in my head, ha.

The sound of the instrument at 1:06 is lovely. Simple, but nice. I like the piano parts, too; bit of reverb in there would give it some body, or maybe doubling up. I'd go with a different piano sound, perhaps, but it's still good.

The beat is jolly, with some interesting percussion peppered throughout. The synths went well with that, I think.

I loved the bit at 2:30 onward; really sweet. Yeah, lots to appreciate.

PS: Thanks for the feedback.

Hey guys! It's been a while since my last post. School caught up to me (about to be a 2nd year in University) so I had to put the music making on hold, but I'm back now. You guys are a great and welcoming community, so I just want to thank you guys ahead of time for being real and giving a freshie like myself great advice.

With that said, during June I've been on and off reworking my older works, starting with my first one. You guys can listen to the first one here. It had potential, but it was lacking on the mix side, and was lacking some umph... Something that made the track more pleasant to listen to and worth while.

I think I finally got that umph with this edition of the track. Added some more synths. Changed up the composition a little bit. Did maaaassive work on the mix. To my new ears, it sounds ready for mastering. But I would love your guy's opinion on the track. Let me know what you guys like, and what you guys think I should work on before I master. And any mastering tips would be GREATLY appreciated as well.

Sorry for the long rant, but here you go. Tratando Algo. Download it for a better feel of the track :)

Sounds pretty good man, definitely getting a Shakira type vibe from it as others have previously stated. As far as mixing the snare sounds a little dull I would maybe try layering different snares or a clap in there to give it some life, and the synth/piano parts definitely could benefit from a bit of saturation/reverb/delay of some sort. The bass is sitting fairly well with the kick so I would leave that alone for the most part. Overall solid job, cheers

This track's a lot to take in, it's not my usual type tbh. That being said I love that plucky percussion that came in around 1:06. The drum programming is really nice too but the synths could do will being a bit fuller, the piano sound is great though :D

this beat definitely has dancey carribean to it. i like the drum programing and the arrangement of the synths and varioius instruments. but i agree with the person that said that the snare is a little dull. i also think layering some sort of clap could fix that. it would definitely add more character to the snare and give a little crack. the mix definitely sounds really clean. mixing is the area where i'm struggling with most so its hard for more to give advice on that cause i feel like everyone is better than me at mixing, but i don't have any complaints about the quality of the mix. definitely a very well made track

mixing is the area where i'm struggling with most so its hard for more to give advice on that cause i feel like everyone is better than me at mixing, but i don't have any complaints about the quality of the mix. definitely a very well made track

Bro I feel you on that last sentence. I had that same problem when I first started this beat and the various other beats i've been working on (this one is definitely my most complete though). But don't worry man. It takes time, patience, and persistence. Your mix on your track wasn't bad at all, you were just making the same mistakes that I was when I first started. My advice to you is to listen closely to your track. Read up and youtube some Mixing tutorials and lessons. And just be patient and have fun with what you're doing bro. Look to sites like this and friends to help tune your ear and your mix. You'll get better with practice and time, I promise bro. Hit me up whenever you release your next track :).

hey i love the dancehall/reggae kinda beat , also the melodies are catchy... very easy to hum ..keep it bro

Everyone here has great advice for you...

Fro my perspective it seems to be lacking the in and out 'pumping effect'....and I think that's possibly the input you're seeking...

How to get the drums upfront and hitting harder...

in order to do that, what you want to do is make sure the drums are raised in the EQ....raise the gain control on the Kick's channel EQ so that it's peaking at as close to 0db as possible...

Watch the Drum's channel output as you raise the gain and get the maximum thump possible that you desire.

1 Way you can do this also is by Lowering the Volume of EVERY channel together...'Select all' and lower everything a few Db.....and THen raise the Volume of just the Drums.

Then from there EQ every track individually that is around the drum....Basically Hollow every track out, except the drum....but dont hollow the sounds out so they lose dynamics...try to EQ everything as best you can without losing the dynamics.

Then Sidechain everything to the Drum, then all the other tracks will "duck" under the kick whenever it hits.....This is the biggest trick aside from equalizing that will bring the Low Kick drum right upfront and hit nice and hard...

Depending on what type of kick drum you use ....like a thumpy 1 or slappy etc.....

I always start my projects by sidechaining all my individual tracks to the drum....but I do mostly electronic style so this is my preference...

I'm not very knowledgeable in other genres....but from what I can tell, Sidechaining is always a major factor in getting the most out of your drum tracks, and most music employs this compression sidechaining EQ combo for the best sound.

if you're good a EQing you can also automate the EQ plugin to enhance the drum whenever it hits....but this isn't as easy as simpy sidechaining everything.

I like the musicality of this track and the sound selection and the variations and melodies....

it seemed kinda linear at times and as a whole it is kind of linear. A great way to create more dynamic range is to really think about the art of popular music.

Popular music has 'proven rules' going back as far as musical history.....
And those rules include how music is perceived to 'move about'.....like for instance...
Music(sound) Flows, it stays put, it waves, it pulses, it moves in many ways, up and down, left and right, in and out etc.... And if you can vizualize how you want your music to 'move about'....and keep the 'popular rules' in mind at all times....you will hear a huge difference and feel the difference in your own music....

like in out left right pause....left left middle right pause...1 and 2 and pause.....1 and 2 and 3 and 4...it's all about note length, timing, patterns, etc. since the beginning of time. And as an artistic person, I know you will continue to improve and understand more and more how to Visualize the "feel" you are going for and how to accomplish it quickly.

I enjoyed this track and have nothing critical to say about it, all words of encouragement and support from me! Think music, breath music, live music, even at school lol, always keep your music in mind my friend!

Thanks for the feedback.
Can't say this one is really my type to be honest with you.
That aside, I'd definitely focus on your mix now, you've got enough layers just need to bring them all together with the mix. The drums weren't hard hitting enough in my opinion, so I'd start there, then get the levels right on everything else by using that as the bench mark.

Hope this helps.

I'm getting South American vibes from this. A sort of feel-good dance track -- I can hear Shakira singing over it in my head, ha.

The sound of the instrument at 1:06 is lovely. Simple, but nice. I like the piano parts, too; bit of reverb in there would give it some body, or maybe doubling up. I'd go with a different piano sound, perhaps, but it's still good.

The beat is jolly, with some interesting percussion peppered throughout. The synths went well with that, I think.

I loved the bit at 2:30 onward; really sweet. Yeah, lots to appreciate.

PS: Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks man! I wish I knew anyone who could sing even remotely like Shakira in Spanish XD. I'm going to look for a vocalist/rapper after I'm finished finalizing the track.

Yea I was thinking of some reverb. I'll play around a bit more with the piano.

Thank you :). I tried to keep it uptempo and incorporate both acoustic and electronic elements (not sure if those are the right words XD).

And np on the feedback. Anytime man :)

Nice one!! Dancing Feeling -100% Would love to hear some Vocalist over it!!! Big Up, Great work!!!

Thank you Naja!! I'm looking forward to any more Moombahton beats you make XD they are sick. I'm going to try to find a vocalist/rapper for my track. I don't live in an area with a prominent latino population, but there's always the internet, so we'll see how it goes XD

Sounds pretty good man, definitely getting a Shakira type vibe from it as others have previously stated. As far as mixing the snare sounds a little dull I would maybe try layering different snares or a clap in there to give it some life, and the synth/piano parts definitely could benefit from a bit of saturation/reverb/delay of some sort. The bass is sitting fairly well with the kick so I would leave that alone for the most part. Overall solid job, cheers

Thanks OpenBeats! I like the clap idea! I'll experiment with different snares and other percussion and see if I can spice up the snares some way. I'll also try adding some reverb on the synths/piano. Thanks man, this helps a lot!

◮CYAN◭;49815952 said:
Everyone here has great advice for you...

Fro my perspective it seems to be lacking the in and out 'pumping effect'....and I think that's possibly the input you're seeking...

How to get the drums upfront and hitting harder...

in order to do that, what you want to do is make sure the drums are raised in the EQ....raise the gain control on the Kick's channel EQ so that it's peaking at as close to 0db as possible...

Watch the Drum's channel output as you raise the gain and get the maximum thump possible that you desire.

1 Way you can do this also is by Lowering the Volume of EVERY channel together...'Select all' and lower everything a few Db.....and THen raise the Volume of just the Drums.

Then from there EQ every track individually that is around the drum....Basically Hollow every track out, except the drum....but dont hollow the sounds out so they lose dynamics...try to EQ everything as best you can without losing the dynamics.

Then Sidechain everything to the Drum, then all the other tracks will "duck" under the kick whenever it hits.....This is the biggest trick aside from equalizing that will bring the Low Kick drum right upfront and hit nice and hard...

Depending on what type of kick drum you use ....like a thumpy 1 or slappy etc.....

I always start my projects by sidechaining all my individual tracks to the drum....but I do mostly electronic style so this is my preference...

I'm not very knowledgeable in other genres....but from what I can tell, Sidechaining is always a major factor in getting the most out of your drum tracks, and most music employs this compression sidechaining EQ combo for the best sound.

if you're good a EQing you can also automate the EQ plugin to enhance the drum whenever it hits....but this isn't as easy as simpy sidechaining everything.

I like the musicality of this track and the sound selection and the variations and melodies....

it seemed kinda linear at times and as a whole it is kind of linear. A great way to create more dynamic range is to really think about the art of popular music.

Popular music has 'proven rules' going back as far as musical history.....
And those rules include how music is perceived to 'move about'.....like for instance...
Music(sound) Flows, it stays put, it waves, it pulses, it moves in many ways, up and down, left and right, in and out etc.... And if you can vizualize how you want your music to 'move about'....and keep the 'popular rules' in mind at all times....you will hear a huge difference and feel the difference in your own music....

like in out left right pause....left left middle right pause...1 and 2 and pause.....1 and 2 and 3 and 4...it's all about note length, timing, patterns, etc. since the beginning of time. And as an artistic person, I know you will continue to improve and understand more and more how to Visualize the "feel" you are going for and how to accomplish it quickly.

I enjoyed this track and have nothing critical to say about it, all words of encouragement and support from me! Think music, breath music, live music, even at school lol, always keep your music in mind my friend!

Thank you so much CYAN :). I pm'd you my reply bro.

This track's a lot to take in, it's not my usual type tbh. That being said I love that plucky percussion that came in around 1:06. The drum programming is really nice too but the synths could do will being a bit fuller, the piano sound is great though :D

XDD sorry if it was too much wxxds. I like to have feedback from people of all genres, not just the specific genre. If people from different genres of music like it, then I feel I'm at least going in the right direction. I will experiment with the synths and see if I can make them fuller. Thanks again :)

Thanks for the feedback.
Can't say this one is really my type to be honest with you.
That aside, I'd definitely focus on your mix now, you've got enough layers just need to bring them all together with the mix. The drums weren't hard hitting enough in my opinion, so I'd start there, then get the levels right on everything else by using that as the bench mark.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the honesty XD. I actually appreciate critique from people who otherwise don't listen to this music genre.
Got it! I'll work more on the percussion side of things. I think I focused too much on the synths and kick drum/bass harmony and kinda ignored the rest. It helped a lot man :D

Hey man,
This beat was pretty refreshing to listen to, it's got a good dancey rhythm to it and I'm getting a cool beach vibe from this. From my perspective I want the drums to hit harder but I'm thinking that might not fit this type of tune; maybe at least throw some reverb on them to make them sound more full. I would also take that guys advice on sidechain compression, the synths here could really use a pump to go with the rhythm and that's an extremely useful mixing tool to have in general. Good stuff

Back