[F4F] "Reggaetón Baile" EDM Influenced Beat

klzbeats13

Reggaetonero
Hello again, FP community! I finally uploaded one of my own beats to my YouTube channel. This track is a danceable Reggaeton track with some techno and EDM influences mixed in. Any feedback would be awesome!

I'm still working on my mixing and mastering skills. YouTube compressed the quality kinda poorly (or I didn't do the best job at mixing), so here's a downloadable link for a better quality version.

Please follow me on SoundCloud and like my page on FaceBook. I will be posting periodic updates on both, and I will be sure to return the like and follow :)

Last edited:
you have a lot going on in this track and it has its cool moments, but i feel its lacking the glue to pull everything together into a cohesive track. Im not too familiar with reggaeton music so this might be due to the genre.

I do think the mixing is good though, everything is standing well in its space and overall the track is cool but it never really gets out of 1st gear, perhaps you could use a change in drums or a breakdown to step things up a bit? I think a little bit of variety and youd have a cool track here :)

Sup klz,

Definitely has that raggae / dance hall vybe. I think everything is perfect, but you coulda beefed up that main bass synth you got going on. Besides that evrything sounds real good the feel is on point and the mix feels nice. If you don't already, another trick is busing all your drums to one track and throwing and exciter or a compressor like decapitator on them. Gets everything crackin a little more. Appreciate the feed!

you have a lot going on in this track and it has its cool moments, but i feel its lacking the glue to pull everything together into a cohesive track. Im not too familiar with reggaeton music so this might be due to the genre.

I do think the mixing is good though, everything is standing well in its space and overall the track is cool but it never really gets out of 1st gear, perhaps you could use a change in drums or a breakdown to step things up a bit? I think a little bit of variety and youd have a cool track here :)

Hmm... Would lyrics make it glued together? The beat is meant to be sung/rapped on, so maybe then it would sound more coherent haha. Thank you for the feedback though. As for the breakdown, I'm planning on introducing a different kind of breakdown on my next track. Thank you for the feedback though man!

Sup klz,

Definitely has that raggae / dance hall vybe. I think everything is perfect, but you coulda beefed up that main bass synth you got going on. Besides that evrything sounds real good the feel is on point and the mix feels nice. If you don't already, another trick is busing all your drums to one track and throwing and exciter or a compressor like decapitator on them. Gets everything crackin a little more. Appreciate the feed!

Sup itzdlo! Yea I have a lot of issues that I wanted to fix before I released it but it's been too long since my last track and I'd rather just take this as an opportunity to learn as well as showcase what I have right now. I really think the bass line and the bass synth should be beefed like you said, and I want to clean up the dance saw as well.

I will try out routing all the drums to one track and using a compressor on them all at once. I compressed them individually for this track, but maybe that would give me a better effect, or I could use both at the same time. Thanks again man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man. Good track overall! :) Here's some things i noticed though.
Yeah one trick for the drums is to use a compressor on the drum bus with some pretty aggressive settings, but then turn down the dry wet on it so its like 60% clean signal and 40% compressed signal. That can keep the drum tracks clean while adding some extra crunch.
Also I think that in terms of the mixing the bass was lacking on this track, I think the kick drum could have more bass EQ'd in. I'm not sure, but on first listen the track just sounded a big flat, and one dimensional. I think its good melodically, but the drums are the weak point. The drums sound too straight to me, having everything quantized and at the same velocity sometimes makes beats sound awkward and robotic.
Good stuff though, keep on it!

Hey man. Good track overall! :) Here's some things i noticed though.
Yeah one trick for the drums is to use a compressor on the drum bus with some pretty aggressive settings, but then turn down the dry wet on it so its like 60% clean signal and 40% compressed signal. That can keep the drum tracks clean while adding some extra crunch.
Also I think that in terms of the mixing the bass was lacking on this track, I think the kick drum could have more bass EQ'd in. I'm not sure, but on first listen the track just sounded a big flat, and one dimensional. I think its good melodically, but the drums are the weak point. The drums sound too straight to me, having everything quantized and at the same velocity sometimes makes beats sound awkward and robotic.
Good stuff though, keep on it!

Thank you so much for the good advice. I had problems bringing out the bass line. it had too much sub bass and just sounded pain and dull.

I like the idea of mixing dry and wet drum compression. now that you told me that, I hear it used in a lot of Reggaeton tracks. That's a nice trick.

For my future tracks I'll be sure to mix up the velocities of the different instrumentals in the song. Thank you again homie!

cool sounding track fam. I didn't really dig that techno baseline kinda thing with the reggae ton vibe, but that is a taste thing. On the other hand I liked that EDM kinda drop! :) As mentioned before, the drums could make a huge improvement if they had some more energy. I feel that the reverb of the snare could be matched a little better with the overall ambience of the track, and I think that many of them instrument could bnefit from some kind of saturation. that sound a little to "straight out of the box" and lacks some excitement.

looking forward to hear more from you.

cool sounding track fam. I didn't really dig that techno baseline kinda thing with the reggae ton vibe, but that is a taste thing. On the other hand I liked that EDM kinda drop! :) As mentioned before, the drums could make a huge improvement if they had some more energy. I feel that the reverb of the snare could be matched a little better with the overall ambience of the track, and I think that many of them instrument could bnefit from some kind of saturation. that sound a little to "straight out of the box" and lacks some excitement.

looking forward to hear more from you.

I understand everything you're telling me homie. Thank you for the feedback. I actually didn't tweak many of the sounds because back when I was composing this track I didn't want to mess up the mix and feel of the track. On my later additions I will be sure to add some more effects to them. Thanks again!

drums need some punch, and variation in the patterns , but other than that the mix sounds good, like the panning you got going on also. would definetely sound better with someone on it, cool vibe to it though, a little more work and its a solid track.

Hello again, FP community! I finally uploaded one of my own beats to my YouTube channel. This track is a danceable Reggaeton track with some techno and EDM influences mixed in. Any feedback would be awesome!

I'm still working on my mixing and mastering skills. YouTube compressed the quality kinda poorly (or I didn't do the best job at mixing), so here's a downloadable link for a better quality version.

Please follow me on SoundCloud and like my page on FaceBook. I will be posting periodic updates on both, and I will be sure to return the like and follow :)

Really nice bro. Wisin would sound dope on this. I like the little break down around the 1:55 mark. Nice job.

hey, like guys above said, I feel like here's lack of glue. Sounds without "power". Anyway, good mixing, and extended composition. keep it up

drums need some punch, and variation in the patterns , but other than that the mix sounds good, like the panning you got going on also. would definetely sound better with someone on it, cool vibe to it though, a little more work and its a solid track.

Thank you for the feedback homie. I did like the panning I had going on in the track and used that as a stylistic signature for this particular beat. I would love someone to sing on it, but I am new and don't have a large fanbase yet so I am just leaving it out there for others to sing/rap on it if they wish. I'll def beef up the drums on my following tracks. Can't have a Reggaeton song with weak snares (unless it's a Romantic track) haha.

Really nice bro. Wisin would sound dope on this. I like the little break down around the 1:55 mark. Nice job.

Haha thank you homie! Hmm.. Wisin or Daddy Yankee would sound pretty interesting on this track! I tagged it as Farruko because the dance saw pattern was influenced by the tracks Pa Romper La Discoteca and Hoy, both by Farruko and produced by Musicologo & Menes. Thanks again!

hey, like guys above said, I feel like here's lack of glue. Sounds without "power". Anyway, good mixing, and extended composition. keep it up

Thanks homer! I'll learn from all of those mistakes for my next tracks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my style mate but this definitely sonds great,the synth melodies are very uplifting and dope and the bass is strong,the drums need more punch imo though,other than that it's a great club instrumental,Keep it up!

Very nice. The melody is very catchy, and original. The only problem I noticed was the drum kick and the reggaeton snares sounded weak.
Good job.

Not my style mate but this definitely sonds great,the synth melodies are very uplifting and dope and the bass is strong,the drums need more punch imo though,other than that it's a great club instrumental,Keep it up!

Haha thank you homie! Got it. Drums... Drums drums drums.. And Bass line needs to be more profound imo as well. Thank you again for the feedback!

Very nice. The melody is very catchy, and original. The only problem I noticed was the drum kick and the reggaeton snares sounded weak.
Good job.

Thank you pana! I asked another Reggaeton producer for feedback and he said the same thing. I'll def get that fixed on my next tracks :D!

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks for your feedback on my track, and after a listen to yours I have a few things to say.
1) The melodies for the most part are very good and the song is very "danceable" as you said.
2) However, like the previous posts mentioned, the drums are very quiet and weak. The kick, particularly, could use a higher setting on a lower EQ to make it really stand out. It sort of seems like all the instruments are in the middle of the EQ spectrum. I would make the snare louder and higher up as well. Also, I would consider adding a hi hat to play through certain parts of the song.
3) I also think that some sort of thick strings/synth in the background playing the chord progression would help to carry the song more. It would help remove some of the "roboticness" of it.

Overall though, it's a very fun and upbeat track. A vocalist on this would be awesome, as well. Fix the drums and add some strings and this track will be gold. :D

I like it, I'm a big fan of blending different genres togethers creating something different. Everything was on point, composition, arrangement, even the mix sounded okay, my only complaint would be the drums could stick out a little more to give more to the track but overall this is pretty dope

Check out this. https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ck-/r-and-b-jazz-neo-soul/new-r-b-f4f-501815/

Left feedback on your thread bro! Thank you for the tips! Yes. Drums must be fixed haha. I'm just glad that most people seemed to enjoy it :)

Hi! Thanks for your feedback on my track, and after a listen to yours I have a few things to say.
1) The melodies for the most part are very good and the song is very "danceable" as you said.
2) However, like the previous posts mentioned, the drums are very quiet and weak. The kick, particularly, could use a higher setting on a lower EQ to make it really stand out. It sort of seems like all the instruments are in the middle of the EQ spectrum. I would make the snare louder and higher up as well. Also, I would consider adding a hi hat to play through certain parts of the song.
3) I also think that some sort of thick strings/synth in the background playing the chord progression would help to carry the song more. It would help remove some of the "roboticness" of it.

Overall though, it's a very fun and upbeat track. A vocalist on this would be awesome, as well. Fix the drums and add some strings and this track will be gold. :D

Hmm. You're right in terms of the EQ spectrum. They all seem to be cluttered in the mid-low frequencies. I'll try to clean that up on my next track, maybe slightly changing the pitch of the snare would work. I do have some hi hats playing throughout the track but maybe I need to make them stand out more too haha. And I like the strings idea. I'll try to incorporate that on my next tracks.

Thank you sir for the great feedback! Everyone's feedback means a lot to me guys :)

Back