Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: [F4F] "Reggaetón Baile" EDM Influenced Beat

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts

    Cool [F4F] "Reggaetón Baile" EDM Influenced Beat

    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello again, FP community! I finally uploaded one of my own beats to my YouTube channel. This track is a danceable Reggaeton track with some techno and EDM influences mixed in. Any feedback would be awesome!



    I'm still working on my mixing and mastering skills. YouTube compressed the quality kinda poorly (or I didn't do the best job at mixing), so here's a downloadable link for a better quality version.

    Please follow me on SoundCloud and like my page on FaceBook. I will be posting periodic updates on both, and I will be sure to return the like and follow
    Last edited by klzthe13th; 05-21-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    Enjoy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    you have a lot going on in this track and it has its cool moments, but i feel its lacking the glue to pull everything together into a cohesive track. Im not too familiar with reggaeton music so this might be due to the genre.

    I do think the mixing is good though, everything is standing well in its space and overall the track is cool but it never really gets out of 1st gear, perhaps you could use a change in drums or a breakdown to step things up a bit? I think a little bit of variety and youd have a cool track here

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,444
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 38 Times in 38 Posts
    Sup klz,

    Definitely has that raggae / dance hall vybe. I think everything is perfect, but you coulda beefed up that main bass synth you got going on. Besides that evrything sounds real good the feel is on point and the mix feels nice. If you don't already, another trick is busing all your drums to one track and throwing and exciter or a compressor like decapitator on them. Gets everything crackin a little more. Appreciate the feed!
    Check out my Beats! - http://bit.ly/2hfvkKp

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by totta View Post
    you have a lot going on in this track and it has its cool moments, but i feel its lacking the glue to pull everything together into a cohesive track. Im not too familiar with reggaeton music so this might be due to the genre.

    I do think the mixing is good though, everything is standing well in its space and overall the track is cool but it never really gets out of 1st gear, perhaps you could use a change in drums or a breakdown to step things up a bit? I think a little bit of variety and youd have a cool track here
    Hmm... Would lyrics make it glued together? The beat is meant to be sung/rapped on, so maybe then it would sound more coherent haha. Thank you for the feedback though. As for the breakdown, I'm planning on introducing a different kind of breakdown on my next track. Thank you for the feedback though man!

    Quote Originally Posted by itzdlo View Post
    Sup klz,

    Definitely has that raggae / dance hall vybe. I think everything is perfect, but you coulda beefed up that main bass synth you got going on. Besides that evrything sounds real good the feel is on point and the mix feels nice. If you don't already, another trick is busing all your drums to one track and throwing and exciter or a compressor like decapitator on them. Gets everything crackin a little more. Appreciate the feed!
    Sup itzdlo! Yea I have a lot of issues that I wanted to fix before I released it but it's been too long since my last track and I'd rather just take this as an opportunity to learn as well as showcase what I have right now. I really think the bass line and the bass synth should be beefed like you said, and I want to clean up the dance saw as well.

    I will try out routing all the drums to one track and using a compressor on them all at once. I compressed them individually for this track, but maybe that would give me a better effect, or I could use both at the same time. Thanks again man!
    Last edited by bandcoach; 05-26-2015 at 01:11 PM. Reason: merged
    Enjoy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
    Hey man. Good track overall! Here's some things i noticed though.
    Yeah one trick for the drums is to use a compressor on the drum bus with some pretty aggressive settings, but then turn down the dry wet on it so its like 60% clean signal and 40% compressed signal. That can keep the drum tracks clean while adding some extra crunch.
    Also I think that in terms of the mixing the bass was lacking on this track, I think the kick drum could have more bass EQ'd in. I'm not sure, but on first listen the track just sounded a big flat, and one dimensional. I think its good melodically, but the drums are the weak point. The drums sound too straight to me, having everything quantized and at the same velocity sometimes makes beats sound awkward and robotic.
    Good stuff though, keep on it!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spasmoid View Post
    Hey man. Good track overall! Here's some things i noticed though.
    Yeah one trick for the drums is to use a compressor on the drum bus with some pretty aggressive settings, but then turn down the dry wet on it so its like 60% clean signal and 40% compressed signal. That can keep the drum tracks clean while adding some extra crunch.
    Also I think that in terms of the mixing the bass was lacking on this track, I think the kick drum could have more bass EQ'd in. I'm not sure, but on first listen the track just sounded a big flat, and one dimensional. I think its good melodically, but the drums are the weak point. The drums sound too straight to me, having everything quantized and at the same velocity sometimes makes beats sound awkward and robotic.
    Good stuff though, keep on it!
    Thank you so much for the good advice. I had problems bringing out the bass line. it had too much sub bass and just sounded pain and dull.

    I like the idea of mixing dry and wet drum compression. now that you told me that, I hear it used in a lot of Reggaeton tracks. That's a nice trick.

    For my future tracks I'll be sure to mix up the velocities of the different instrumentals in the song. Thank you again homie!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    cool sounding track fam. I didn't really dig that techno baseline kinda thing with the reggae ton vibe, but that is a taste thing. On the other hand I liked that EDM kinda drop! As mentioned before, the drums could make a huge improvement if they had some more energy. I feel that the reverb of the snare could be matched a little better with the overall ambience of the track, and I think that many of them instrument could bnefit from some kind of saturation. that sound a little to "straight out of the box" and lacks some excitement.

    looking forward to hear more from you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEarsMixes View Post
    cool sounding track fam. I didn't really dig that techno baseline kinda thing with the reggae ton vibe, but that is a taste thing. On the other hand I liked that EDM kinda drop! As mentioned before, the drums could make a huge improvement if they had some more energy. I feel that the reverb of the snare could be matched a little better with the overall ambience of the track, and I think that many of them instrument could bnefit from some kind of saturation. that sound a little to "straight out of the box" and lacks some excitement.

    looking forward to hear more from you.
    I understand everything you're telling me homie. Thank you for the feedback. I actually didn't tweak many of the sounds because back when I was composing this track I didn't want to mess up the mix and feel of the track. On my later additions I will be sure to add some more effects to them. Thanks again!
    Enjoy

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    drums need some punch, and variation in the patterns , but other than that the mix sounds good, like the panning you got going on also. would definetely sound better with someone on it, cool vibe to it though, a little more work and its a solid track.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klzthe13th View Post
    Hello again, FP community! I finally uploaded one of my own beats to my YouTube channel. This track is a danceable Reggaeton track with some techno and EDM influences mixed in. Any feedback would be awesome!



    I'm still working on my mixing and mastering skills. YouTube compressed the quality kinda poorly (or I didn't do the best job at mixing), so here's a downloadable link for a better quality version.

    Please follow me on SoundCloud and like my page on FaceBook. I will be posting periodic updates on both, and I will be sure to return the like and follow
    Really nice bro. Wisin would sound dope on this. I like the little break down around the 1:55 mark. Nice job.
    I also made this one too. Check it out and follow me if you like it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •