Any ideas of what can be done with this mix?

EskilH

Sublatic
Want to post this beat soon, but i wonder what you guys think of the result so far? any feedback (good or bad) is appreciated. Will return the favor for those who want:) Thank you

https://soundcloud.com/nyanse/riddim-n-chai-work-in-progress/s-HAll7

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

well, that was not a huge success.. Is the link working, or should i just delete the post?

Last edited:
I'm kinda havin a hard time catchin the rhythm of the song. The synth thats panning left and right is clashing the with drum pattern. Also I would've like to have heard a main melody. The song does have potential tho, keep at it.

If you got a minute, check out my remix I did for a contest. Vote for me if you like it. All feedback is welcome good or bad. Thanks
http://indaba.us/ga4j

FOR I´MO REIGN:

Thank you for the feedback! I will try some things out with the synth, especially with the synth panning and rhythm.

Your remix is nice. The original track is good, but i like your remix a little better, cos its more hiphopish and more appealing to me. Got my head bumping from the first sec. I think it may be a little too much compression at some parts of the song, but its not much really. Put in a vote for you, and hope it does you well.

Last edited:
Right now in this mix, the loudest aspects are the hi hat (the one that hits with the kick) and the flute. Any hip hop piece like this solely revolves around the kick drum and the snare. I'd say boost the kick at around 55Hz a bunch so it gets a really fat sub going. The snare could use some work as well, I just want that snare to slap real hard. I'd also boost the chords in the background to support the loud main melody with a bunch of high end reverb. This track could also massively benefit from a fat sub bass. Hope that helps!

Return? https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ve-receive-feedback/3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-a-452915/

Last edited:
First off, your instruments are really good, personally I really like that panning stuttery synth.
The flute may be a little loud, -2db maybe.
Sound selection is on point, and the variations, tho slight, are solid.
Now, with that said, your drums are stiffer than a politician, they really need some work.
They lack swing, punch and low end.
If nothing else, quantize and then humanize. Then take that kick and low pass the top frequencies out. after that, boost that kick anywhere from 75-100hz(really listen for that sweet spot).
Also try adding a rimshot or super short decay snare hit to your snare. But really try and find the sweet spot of the attack and emphasize it, like a poster above me said, it needs more "crack" to it.
An alternative to that would be using something like flux bittersweet(free) on the snare, it will help bring the transient out a little more.
Hope that helps :cheers:

try to work on the structure. emphasize the different parts of it, picture the vocals on top of it. i mean, i don't know exactly what you are trying to express with this instrumental. if it's like background music for a website or an app, it's ok, but if it's more of a hip hop instrumental or something, then it needs more structure, imo.

FOR I´MO REIGN:

Thank you for the feedback! I will try some things out with the synth, especially with the synth panning and rhythm.

Your remix is nice. The original track is good, but i like your remix a little better, cos its more hiphopish and more appealing to me. Got my head bumping from the first sec. I think it may be a little too much compression at some parts of the song, but its not much really. Put in a vote for you, and hope it does you well.

Thanks man, I appreciate.

Back