Zoo Ireland - Live From The Streets (Beat Contest Entry) [Feed4Feed 100%]

zoo

Hey all,

I decided to submit an entry for the Live From The Streets beat contest by Native Instruments and Mr Green:

www.livefromthestreets.com/contest

Basically you had to make a beat from a restricted set of samples, so here's my attempt:

I'm looking for any/all forms of feedback whether negative or positive so please feel free to share your ear and your thoughts! All feedback will be 100% returned once you drop a link to your work you want me to listen to.

Also, I'm always looking to network and collaborate so please do feel free to get in touch and let's talk work or music production!

Thanks,
Zoo.

Last edited:
Intro was too long too me.. lost interest real quick. Flip was ok but the energy in the mix isnt that hype, doesnt make me nod my head. Not bad, but the mix is half of what makes a beat good..

Any body able to shed light on this mixing issue Zacobe has mentioned?

On my monitors with my external sound card everything sounds clear to me. Drums bang and everything fits perfectly. I'm wondering if anyone shares Zacobe's sentiments on this?

All feedback returned as always.

Last edited:
I like the vibe, but I do share some of Zacobe's sentiment with regards to the mixing. I think the intro could be a bit shorter and more attention grabbing, the snare could stick out a bit more than it does, and the lower end, mostly the bassline you have, isn't distinct enough for my taste. That being said, everything I'm working with is pretty low end so it very well could be my shit headphones.

takes too long to drop. typically the listening will change the the song if the beat takes too long to drop. not much here. Very repetitive. not technical at all. the loop is not catchy either. mix is okay for what you are going for but it could be better.

Feedback returned up to this point. Appreciate your words man - will have to shorten this intro, seems to be an issue for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Back