"World" (Need Feedback)

hey mate, cool vibe here, very calm, almost reminds me of meditation music. like the yoga labs would be lit lmao. (thats a compliment btw to be clear) I like when you used the filter at the bridge section. I mean overalll I think the idea is there and its definitely vibing.. in terms of production I would say maybe you could add some higher range frequency stuff. like 1k-10 there is nothing going on until the drums come Come in.. but ur the artist so thats 100 up to you u know. I think the drums section could be as long as the no drums section, especially for music like this, like there no reason you cant go 5-6 minutes in my opinion.

in terms of the mix I think you could put some love in. there's a lot of low mid information so whenever you play this in a club or something like a larger system its most likely gonna sound muddy or boxy. I now know that low mid synth is kinda like the driver of the song too makes sense to be a focus in the mix, but maybe try compressing that main low mid synth using a series of compressors with lighter settings so it'll be boppy but not over compressed and will help bring down some of the notes that are a good +10db louder than others. it sounds like its a little spread stereo but I think you could really push the lo-mid synth out wide af, bc it'll fill out the stereo spectrum, make space for your sub bass and really envelope the listener.
as for the sub bass, the lowest notes around 40-50 are like 6db quieter than the notes around 80. try compress your bass/sub to level it out so its hitting evenly the whole time. also there a trick where you can turn an EQ's Qsize up to 18 the sharpest and boost that very specific frequency up by 6 db or so , whatever to get all the bass notes leveled in terms of loudness. use a frequency chart to find the exact frequency of the musical note. you can use this technique in anything and maybe that will help you in your low-mids leveling. my personal taste would like more sub bass, I really like the one you have and I think the track would benefit greatly from FEELING that sub more. sub should b at least as loud as the low-mids tho for sure, but really the sub should b "louder" than the low-mids.

the 800-1k range I feel like could come up in volume, whatever that twinkly synth is. again there's nothing going on in the 1k-10k range until the drums come in so maybe you could add some air, some waterfall I dunno whatever inspires you but there's def plenty of room too add sound there.

as for the drums, I like what you have going on I think you'd benefit from some Eq'ing - id say carve to your taste and use the mix as a whole for context as to what you like boosted or cut. the kick is too loud compared to the rest of the mix, the drums are in general too loud comparatively speaking, but id say bring other stuff up in volume instead of lowering the kick (except the low-mids this are already "loud". again the low mid are a lot so the kick is getting boxy with that synth but if you spread the low-mid synth, your kicks low-mid range will have space. you can use a side chain eq on your sub bass to make space for the kicks 40-50hz area every time it hits. I would say play with some more drum sounds like percussions. like some foreign sounding percs could be tasteful in this and really help push a feeling space and groove.

it kinda sounds like everything is running straight to the master channel. maybe play around with mix busses and mix bus compression to further Gell everything together. like the drums sounds separate from the instruments rn but if you send everything to a premaster buss then you can do a little compression before it hits the master, where you'd compress it again. I personally have busses per section; like I have a drums buss, an instruments buss, a drop buss, and fx buss and all those feed into two other busses that feed into a buss that feeds into the premaster buss that feeds into the master buss. this not lonely distributes the frequency load but gives you the opportunity slightly compress along the way, make more specific eq moves or effects moves, and overall just gels things together more.

there are no rules tho do whatever you want to lol. use reference tracks and I highly highly suggest using SPAN a frequency spectrum analyzer. its free. put it on your master channel. check out how your reference tracks look and use that as a guide to getting your levels.

hope all this finds you well, again very nice track I think its spotifyable once you get it mixed down. what DAW are u in and what plugins you got?

Back