Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Whiiite in Blacc Experience (Single) Looking for feedback to return!

Thanks

Thumbs up A Whiiite in Blacc Experience (Single) Looking for feedback to return!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Whats up Everybody!

This is a single I wrote an recorded a few days ago and decided to post this morning.
    If I get any feedback I'm returning it, excited to see what people have to offer if anyone's up for collaborations!

Please enjoy ;

Arci Diavolo, Producer/Engineer/Songwriter/Poet thearcidiavolo@gmail.com
    collective soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/gravvygang

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheArciDiavolo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The beat is sort o slow for your rap. I think it would sound better on a faster tempo. The mix ix pretty good, but the vocals are low. I would like to hear what you are saying. If you were going to keep it that slow I think it would do better as a R&B song. How do you get you kick to stand out in the mix. I been trying and can't seem to do it. I am using Fruity loop with equalizers and stuff.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kudosarehere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The last poster might have a point but i dont think so. I really liked this. I like your unconventional flow. You sound west coast/tde. We just get gucci mane sound alikes on the east side lol. But yea thats song was dope and whatever sample was used was dope too. Keep rapping.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiscii For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Tiscii, I think it must be me because I am from Memphis. LOL. I had to play it again. I tried to get into it, but it sounds somewhat like someone is speaking spoken words(poetry) on a track instead of rapping. Now if it was poetry alone then yeah I get it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kudosarehere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    First of all if your kick doesnt stand out even without a eq(you should be able to hear it when you drag it in) them your instruments are too loud/ the high end or low end cant tell u which is too high. Put your instruments in a parametric eq or just plain and simply(and easier) lower them. Solo your 808 and snare in fl. Unmute the kick but never turn it up, if it hits too soft velocity it up and eq it. Bring in your hats/chats/percs. Now slowly rise your instruments 2% at a time with your speakers on max volume. Wala

thanks for the feedback OP (:

New beats (f4f)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiscii For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Lol im from atlanta. I get where you coming from. I listen to gucci/migos/future all the time this is a 360 from it but i also listen to alot of cali shit so i feel his vibe. You listen to ethelwulf or xavier wulf? Dudes from memphis

Thanks
    Tiscii, thanks!

Thanks
    Kudos also try to take fruity limiter off as soon as u open fl. I know for a fact it makes your drums hit harder(no limit lol) i dont do this cuz i just hop on fl and make a melody without thinking about the limter lol but a lot of people i used to collab with sometimes takes the limter off to get the sound they want. Sometimes it takes away from the melody but you just have to figure out how to get te volume to where it was with the limter on
    Last edited by Tiscii; 07-05-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks
    Man, I never heard of him. Hold that thought. I am going to look on Youtube to see if I can find something.

Thanks
    I just looked him up. I don't know who that guy is, but he sound just like 3 6 Mafia. And I have lived here my whole life. LOL. Man I have never removed the limiter on any of my tracks on there. I will start doing it to see what happens. The original poster gave me some input on a song I was working on. I just redid it the melody and all and now I can't even hear the kick a little it seems. I got to start all over again. Check it out and tell me what you think. The first one is the one everyone was drilling me on. The second one is the new one I just did.

https://soundcloud.com/jreallamemphis/what-you-know-about-memphis

https://soundcloud.com/jreallamemphis/memphis-jrealla-on

Thread Information