Wale Type Beat. (Speak It In) F4F

thesoloist1914

Paradom Beats
Hey all Paradom Beats back again after a long abscence. For those who don't know this is my senior year in college so I've been focusing on getting my senior recital straight. But I digress... Here is a new beat that I have been working on for a little while now. I just finished mixing a majority of the song but equipment issues prevent me from doing too much. (I need a new laptop, one that doesn't skip when listening to a mix on Fl) But essentially I'm posting here for feedback so please feel free to type what you are thinking. All types of criticism are welcome. Also I'll give Feedback for Feedback just leave your link here in this thread.

Hey needs way more variation like dont just use the same midi looped over again. Add automation change shit up.

The mix is lacking the high end needed and the lows are muddy, and all just thrown together, but there's some good sounds/concepts in their man :)

Hey needs way more variation like dont just use the same midi looped over again. Add automation change shit up.

The mix is lacking the high end needed and the lows are muddy, and all just thrown together, but there's some good sounds/concepts in their man :)
I figured there are probably some issues with the mix. Honestly its gotten harder for me to mix properly because whenever I try to listen to a passage or even a single instrument the sound skips. I just don't have the power in my current laptop. As far as throwing in some variations that can be done because I did have another idea I was gonna put in but I have a lot of friends who tell me that 4mins is all i can really do if I want to catch someone's attention. My idea would have been like another 2 mins easily lol.

I feel like I know what you were going for. Pretty dope. I disagree that you need more variation if this for a singer and/or rapper. The artist can provide more variation if this is the case. I would recommend slapping a limiter on the mix buss to bring the overall volume up. Other than that, I like it.

I feel like I know what you were going for. Pretty dope. I disagree that you need more variation if this for a singer and/or rapper. The artist can provide more variation if this is the case. I would recommend slapping a limiter on the mix buss to bring the overall volume up. Other than that, I like it.
I definitely appreciate the feedback. I'll go ahead and check your track out and give you some feedback. I think I saw your thread a little earlier. I'm still experimenting with limiting and compression a tad bit. I also just changed the way I mixed my kicks, 808s and subs so Im not surprised it sounds a little low. There is still a lot I have to figure out.

I can hear a soft spoken/whisper-ish approach to the chorus of this tune.
I can also hear someone rapping to this definitely (PLUS I can also hear a Reggae artists sing on this but smooth & understandable though).

So far I like the tune and where you're going with it. Dream-like with an aura. Not sure if this is your final version and I can see a chorus and verse structure and maybe a break but I'm anxious to hear what changes you'll make (if any) in the future. The sounds are clear too which I also like.

Back