"Took It Back" - [semi lo-fi] - F4F

hcgaron

Hey FP friends; I wanted to share a new beat I worked on the last couple of days called "Took it Back." It's got a semi lo-fi sound but I don't know how exactly to characterize it... What genre / artists do you hear with something like this?

I appreciate your feedback. Please drop your links and I'll return the feed.

Cheers!

Nice! I really like the guitar and the piano! But it sounds like a rock-pop song to me more than a rap beat. It's great though, I really enjoy it.

Nice! I really like the guitar and the piano! But it sounds like a rock-pop song to me more than a rap beat. It's great though, I really enjoy it.

Thanks so much for the listen and the feedback! No totally understand what you mean that it almost sounds like that rock crossover. I originally had sort of a minimalist vibe going with this and I decided to see if I could bring that "big drum" sound into it. I'm kind of surprised how just that one change can influence the entire sound of it. And it just kind built up from there.

I really appreciate the listen; cheers!

it sounds rockish but get a rapper on it and it's hip hop! .. although when the strings come in it sounds more like a hip hop beat .. i am not sure about the clap it sounds a tad cheese.. the intro with the drums too sounds a bit too try hard in terms of tryna sound hip hop .. start the intro with just a light version of that guitar man .. drums come in when the rapping starts.. its good and its good u try something different! rtf when u can ppeace... P.S i like that bridge bit.. best bit good musicality

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...l-music-video-ft-debbie-mcneill-outss-517342/

This is dope yoo! I like the drums a lot! nice and crispy and the overall mix clean too! good job man! Keep it up!

This shit is awesome man. Guitar riff and strings give it a real strong character. As outts said; put a rapper on it and it's hiphop. Probably could go many ways wit singing as well, but why put a label on it? This is your own style, you give it a name!;)

This one is really great. I'm sure it sounds even better wit ha rapper on it.
I especially like the guitar here but the drums are nice, too.
Mix sounds clean to me.
Well done!

Great tune. The intro I'd make it start slower so you feel more of a 'drop' when the intstruments start. The mix sounds good. Had a look on your soundcloud for your other songs man it's good stuff you have great inspiration. Back to the song in question. I'd defenitly see someone rap on this beat. Great listening.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...coustic-sound-design-f4f-517452/#post49972090

Also +1 for playing guitar and you education, fantastic

Last edited:
Dope mix man! This doesn't sound like a rap beat to me. Im getting more of a Pop vibe off this song, but its like a mix of a lot of genres. You definitely have your own style. Don't get me wrong the beat is super dope and them drums is bangin and the guitar in the back is cool too. The song progression is nice as well it flows really nice. Keep up the good work!

Like that percussion, feel like u could keep building on it with more stuff, maybe a couple cymbals. Good work tho like the beat, catchy rhythm

Dope mix man! This doesn't sound like a rap beat to me. Im getting more of a Pop vibe off this song, but its like a mix of a lot of genres. You definitely have your own style. Don't get me wrong the beat is super dope and them drums is bangin and the guitar in the back is cool too. The song progression is nice as well it flows really nice. Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much for the listen and the feed - I appreciate it! I kinda felt like it ended up having a pop vibe too... but it was meant to have a sort of minimalist hip-hop vibe at first. I think it's the drums, lol. But thanks again!

This is a great beat! I like the rock-pop influence on the drums and guitar but the low synths were probably my favorite part of the beat. The pianos were also a nice touch. Keep it up!

This is a great beat! I like the rock-pop influence on the drums and guitar but the low synths were probably my favorite part of the beat. The pianos were also a nice touch. Keep it up!

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and for your feedback. I can't tell you how humbled I am and grateful for the reply. Cheers!

this is something rly different. this is on another level man. industry production sound. when i started listening i felt like this is somethin for missy elliot or kanye, cause you made a perfect use of those big toms. the complete arrangement is switchin up all the time you have enough different parts. the melody is very catchy. this is still hiphop. look at kendrick's producers - they brought jazzy vibes and combined classic vibes with modern drums. this is very unique - i like it extremely. dope work my bro - i want more of that shit!

- returned

Im a big fan of your style , this beat is top notch as usual . Keep up the good work and thanks for the feed on my thread .

Back