Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Testify (I return ALL FEEDBACK 100%) 9th Wonder type style.

Thanks

Testify (I return ALL FEEDBACK 100%) 9th Wonder type style.

Sign in to disable this ad
    Let me know what you think of the latest beat. Also took my videos a new direction.

I appreciate any support and feedback. If you like what you hear, please subscribe. I'll return the favor!

Subscribe to the YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/boadiebeats, Twitter - @boadiebeats

Thanks
    Exactly why I subbed to your channel bro, love your sampling skills and the way you spread positivity. These drums really have that 9th feel too, that dusty sound which I like from him. The vocal chops sound really dope as well. Nice work man

Make sure to visit my thread as well, let me know your thoughts man I'd be highly interested to har what you have to say.

Here's a link : Future/Drake Type Banger - JUICE (prod. Gotham) F4F Guaranteed !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to makingofgotham For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dope shit - definitely sounds 9th Wonder-esque. The snares are really visceral and attention grabbing - as are the faint vocal samples in the background during the main groove of the instrumental. There's no denying that you're very talented. Great job

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this Midnight in L.A. [F4F]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Somasu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Man, I appreciate the love and feedback!

I already hit both of you previously, check your threads .

Drop links everyone, I love listening to your new beats!
    Subscribe to the YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/boadiebeats, Twitter - @boadiebeats

Thanks
    i like the samples and drums not sure about the bassline.. i have heard 9th wonder use alot of melodic bass before or something very subtle i feel the note drags out too much .. still,, its a good beat i like the vocal chops.. it does generally sound like 9th so kep it up

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Outss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    dope concept on this beat, the drums sit right. but yo u gotta fix the bassline is off key. get that bassline sitting right and u'll have a nice beat there! peace

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chopz makes beats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Chopz, question. If the sample is F Major, and I play the bassline in the notes of an F Major chord, can it still be off key? That's what I did here. I've been doing this for about 4 months, so I still have some questions. Basslines always seem to trip me up. Not sure why. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boadie Beats View Post
    Chopz, question. If the sample is F Major, and I play the bassline in the notes of an F Major chord, can it still be off key? That's what I did here. I've been doing this for about 4 months, so I still have some questions. Basslines always seem to trip me up. Not sure why. Any suggestions or advice?
    I would love to answer this for u man but i have no idea about keys or music theory. i usually key in by ear. maybe key in a sub bassline first before you play it out ?? just a thought.
    Last edited by chopz makes beats; 04-30-2017 at 02:20 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chopz makes beats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is super dope sample chopping. The repetition of the main melody drives it all forward and gives it a nice sound. I thought the sample was a little too dynamic and maybe could benefit from a little compression to help even out the volume so it doesn't rise and fade quite as dramatically. Otherwise though, the track is super tight and incredibly catchy. The subtle elements like the vocal chops are a super nice touch as well. Good stuff!
    Hit me up on Facebook! Producer album on Spotify and Bandcamp if you want to check it out.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Funk Junkie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is pretty cool. Just personally I wasn't a big fan of that sample..but that's just a preference. I would say though that the drums were very clean, and fit very well into the mix, big fan of drum choices here. Has like a modern dusty feel to it if that makes sense.

As someone mentioned above, your bass felt a bit muddy to me...some eqing/using the right key will solve that no problem. I usually just go by ear as mentioned...use the base note and you should be good man.

Otherwise keep grinding fam! I also hit you with a like and subscribe on youtube

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Allegheny Cal For This Useful Post:

Thread Information