Skeletons Vol. 1 - The Funk Junkie (F4F)

Wow man you are really talented! First off you completely have your own sound which is AWESOME. Too much derivative music out there already. Your mix, percussion, and horns sound great, as do the guitars in the second one.

The first one feels really dark and brooding while the second has a totally different vibe. I could hear them both doing well with an MC. I'll have to listen to the rest of the mixtape!

Overall great work – keep it up my friend!

I recently made a remix of Chromeo’s “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)” for a competition – I would very much appreciate your feedback on it, and if enjoy it I ask you to please click “vote.” It can be heard at this link:

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportu...missions/c0371f18-f18b-11e3-ad95-22000b2410cc

One small vote could help me achieve my dreams – but only if you feel it is deserving!

Cheers!

Nice work. I'm diggin with this especially first one. Dope sampling work and I like that boombap feelings. One thing I would have done is drum sounds. Don't get me wrong, it sounds dope but I would like hear more hihat sounds and maybe It could've done with more compression or eq like mixing part, so drum sounds can have more power on it. Nice job man.

Hope I can hear your feedback too!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...k/[f4f]-drake-type-beat-space-eardrum-480028/

Man, this is really ****ing ill! got that oldschool vibe. The first track really sends a slick/bandit/'80s pink panther cartoons kinda vibe. Really awesome stuff, great stabs. The drums are ****ing poppin. Really good stuff. Awwww shit, the scratches came in, and the vocal sample, dude this is bandit as ****! I honestly have nothing negative to say. Keep doing your thing man. PS: sorry for the incoherent feed, im high

this is dope ... good vibe ... first track overall is crazy ... the second is really wavey .... the second one has a nice drum pattern ... the second on i feel like is a jazz infusion track, something to vibe to by itself ... keep it up

Wow great job on all of these tracks. Really high class stuff.

Decided to comment on tracks others haven't hit yet.

In a Dream has a sick sample, I recognize it from bath salt from the asap mob lol But you gave it a rock percussion, really different from what I expected. I feel like you could have added a little variation every 8 bars or so to how you sampled it to keep it fresh

Wow you're sampling from all over haha. The next track annihilation has the Thriller laugh in it :) I feel like the snare could have a little more pop with some compression, and the tambourine shaker or whatever could be a bit quieter.

Haha, yeah I never heard bath salts till now (just looked it up). I do know the track has been sampled a lot of times though. I might revisit Annihilation sometime and try to make those changes. The way the samples are they're a little tough to tweak to improve the mixing but I don't know if I ever tried too hard, haha. Thanks for the feedback!

Back