Sad Piano Beat (Returning feedback in 1 Day or less)

Hey guys,

Working this beat a placement opp, I think it's pretty much done but looking for some quick feedback on the mix or anything else you feel needs improvement. Looking to turn this around fast so I'll be returning any feedback in a day, thanks!

I really like the vibe, chord progression of this beat, soulful.. drums got a nice swing too. Mix nice and clean.. good work here bro ! keep up the good work

good beat storytelling type beat
i like the chord progression and sound selection
but i think mix can be use a lil work

Last edited:
the vibes are definitely dope..chords are good, sound selection good, sample good. the mix needs some work. piano is a bit too loud and i feel like would sound better with some mild eq and some reverb. you can also use the same reverb for the piano and the chime and just adjust the wetness. that makes it all mesh together nicely. the best way i learned to mix volumes is to adjust volumes in MONO. it'll remove the stereo loudness effect and you can adjust properly. i read that on some music production website and it has made my mixes so much better. keep on working, you've basically got it down.

please drop some feedback here

Agree with sleeper187 that the piano could be a little lower in the mix and maybe eq it a bit. Unless you want it that bright, but I'd like to be able to hear that string pad more when it comes in. That's just me though.
Only other thing I might add is perhaps add some sort of riff or passing chords when the melody drops out. Overall vibe is good though and it's easy to listen to in my headphones. Not overly loud, which I appreciate.

Hey man, its definitely not a bad beat, but the mix is a bit messy. Also the melody doesn´t sound quite right, I think you might want to finish it on the route note of the track. I really like the synth, and all the percs and the guy yelling make for a nice touch. Really looking forward to hearing the final version :)
Please tell me what you think about my track when you have the time. Thank you
Stripez (Emotional Trap Beat) by Kairos | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Fantastic chord progression, big fan of that. This gave me great vibes all around and that's the important part of good music! The synth bell lead sounded out of place to me. I think you could adjust the timbre of it or eq it so that it fits in with the ambiance of the track. It seemed distracting and took away from the beat but that's just my opinion. The mix is pretty clean man, overall you killed this!

Ouch. Piano has too much high end not enough low. And is maybe too loud in the mix. But I like the concept and overal vibe of the track the mix could just use another look. Good work g

would appreciate your feedback on my new track here thanks !

Back