Reese Bass & Polish music samples [F4F]

radio_vamorda

Hi,

I've made two beats recently I'd be happy to get your feedback what are your thoughts: 'Red Alert' in which I used Polish sample and tried to mix it with the Reese Bass to make mix of oldschool and newschool stylistics and 'Foreverz' - a sampled beat with some outro in which I played with many effects and tried little bit of scratching within PC.

If you'd check my tracks then I'd be happy to check yours as well, please just post the links and I will definitely listen to them.

i like both of your tracks man. The mix is clean and you chopped the samples really well and really good use of the filters
Good job.
Floow

I think you've got some nice colors in there but the track is too busy after the intro. I wouldn't play the vocal chops throughout. I mainly like the lushness of @Red Alter
Clean and powerful sounds. You use some interesting chopping techniques to make the sample work. I think that mixing wise it gets too busy with both the bass and vocal playing at the same time. Arranging wise I'd give a short break from the vocal and let just the drums play with the bass. It's good to hear some exploration in the boom bap side rather than just relaying on known tricks, props for that!

@Foreverz
Personally I like it better. You've created a catchy melody with the vox and it reminds me of some Spinache, VNM tracks ;) As with the track before I think the voice is playing for too long, I'd think about messing around with by not using the common effects (I really recommend checking out SpecOps by Unfiltered Audio for unusual sfx). I really dig the outro, it sounds dope and is vastly different from the rest but still sounds cohesive.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and good words, BTW nice to know to have somebody from Poland here:) I agree with 'business' of Red Alert - definitely I need to work on that so that I choose less elements in arrangement, but the best ones. I agree that the samples throughout the track might be too repetitive, but as I worked on that I thought sample to be the most important part here as I think majority of Poles have at least some idea that they already heard that somewhere. BTW which tracks of Spinache and VNM did you refer? And thanks for nice words regards the outro, I messed with it a lot with some FX automations and Edison to imitate scratching so I am happy you find it worked out in the end.

Red alert was really dope with the warm feeling atmosphere, mixed well and very energetic. The foreverz track has that classic sample style to it. It’s ok, but not as good as red alert. Maybe because the sample you use is a little repetitive, until the end. That was dope; maybe if you switched up during the beat with that style it would take it to another level. But red alert def my fav of the 2. Not something I could rap on myself, but rather I would just enjoy it as an instrumental. Both mixed well and Good job overall. Check me sometime
0hms - Shelter in Place Prod by Retnik Beats F4F 100

nice share
o.png

Last edited:
Back