PlayBoi Carti x Pierre Bourne Type Beat | "No Idea" | 100% Feed4Feed

LongLiveTheKing

leave quality feedback and "constructive" criticism, receive it 24hours or less. you know the deal drop links below

im trynna get my overall mix to sound louder on yt and soundcloud etc so any tips there are always helpful

Last edited:
Hey man, great beat. The 808 is a bit too distorted for me, and the mix is a bit messy, it all feels a bit too centered and the main melody occupies too much space. I would try eqing the sounds a bit so they have more space in the mix. Also I would level the volumes.
Still a cool track. Would really appretiate your feedback on my beat. Thanks:)
Vanilla Sky-Chill Trap Beat (27th May 2019) by Kairos | Free Listening on SoundCloud

thanks man the over distorted 808 was the intent playboi carti type. And everything is eq’d. Now that you mention it I think what you’re hearing is the pad may be too high in the mix and can come down. Thanks bro I’ll re visit the mix

Last edited:
Aye bro I like the vibe of this beat! if you want to let your kick knock a bit harder.. just boost some high frequencies to your likings thats basically what i do, but i think for this type beat it sounds good to me.. good work bro! i will leave you a comment on yt too

Everything came together at around 1:08 and it sounded pretty sweet. I think if you brought in all the instruments earlier so that the audience gets hooked, it would be little better. Intro just seemed off to me. As far as the mix goes, the bass and kicks could be harder. Really love what you did with the melody...wish I knew what synth that is!! Dope work

Everything came together at around 1:08 and it sounded pretty sweet. I think if you brought in all the instruments earlier so that the audience gets hooked, it would be little better. Intro just seemed off to me. As far as the mix goes, the bass and kicks could be harder. Really love what you did with the melody...wish I knew what synth that is!! Dope work

yeah I get bored w some of the common trap/hip hop song structures so I tried something a little different. And yeah I wish they were harder too! haha lol trying to perfect my mixing and mastering currently! Thanks for your feedback bro! And the main melody is an omnisphere sound. spectrasonics is next level for sounds.

Aye bro I like the vibe of this beat! if you want to let your kick knock a bit harder.. just boost some high frequencies to your likings thats basically what i do, but i think for this type beat it sounds good to me.. good work bro! i will leave you a comment on yt too

boost the high end in my mastering chain ? or boost the high end on the kick and 808?

preciate you bro ima go hit your YT up too

I love the synth sound, I think what might help this mix in particular would be stereo imaging. I use this thing in reason called spectrum stereo imager that lets me widen or mono things based on frequency, and I like to slap it on a drum kit so the kick is almost mono and the top end of the snare / hats are a little wide. I honestly don't find this very muddy, the bass drums and synth all fit into their own pocket, maybe a little eq on the synth to let the snare poke through but I think the "muddyness" might be the reverb and I personally can't get enough of a strong reverb lol my only real suggestion would be to vary the melody, maybe add a high harmony riff or something. Keep it up dude

I love the synth sound, I think what might help this mix in particular would be stereo imaging. I use this thing in reason called spectrum stereo imager that lets me widen or mono things based on frequency, and I like to slap it on a drum kit so the kick is almost mono and the top end of the snare / hats are a little wide. I honestly don't find this very muddy, the bass drums and synth all fit into their own pocket, maybe a little eq on the synth to let the snare poke through but I think the "muddyness" might be the reverb and I personally can't get enough of a strong reverb lol my only real suggestion would be to vary the melody, maybe add a high harmony riff or something. Keep it up dude

thank you for the quality feed week in and week out bro, youre one of the folks here that actually contribute to helping me improve. I appreciate yall! And I agree, i didnt feel as if anything was muddy everythings eq'd so i wasnt quite sure what the comment above meant. Sound tested this bad boy on some Hs8's, my car, and some krk 6's in a sound treated room. but the pad i used has stuuuuupid amounts of reverb natrually on the preset and I left it to kinda create a big atmosphere but I can see where that may clash w things!

I have izotope ozone 8 which comes w a stereo imager so I'll def take a look at getting familiar. and I forget to do the mono test at the end thanks for reminding me! lol

Last edited:
sounds crisp. the distortion on the 808 sounds dope. if you don't analyze looking for imperfections, i don't think you can say anything bad about the beat. you did a good job on keeping the resonance of the synth at bay. it sounds rough but it isn't harsh on the ears at all - that's not easy to do. i can hear every sound, pitch change, filter, and effect you placed. the synth also fits nicely in the mix, nice and wide. listening on krk 5's. you're doing good!!

What up bro?!?! Beat gotta drop in sooner. Drums gotta be louder than the melody... I'm listening to this on the shittiest speakers possible and I can hear your 808. Thats a blessing! It could be louder though. DRIVE that thing through the mix... Melodies are beautiful... Sound selection is beautiful. Keep working on your mixes and youll be among the Gods bro.

Respect

sounds crisp. the distortion on the 808 sounds dope. if you don't analyze looking for imperfections, i don't think you can say anything bad about the beat. you did a good job on keeping the resonance of the synth at bay. it sounds rough but it isn't harsh on the ears at all - that's not easy to do. i can hear every sound, pitch change, filter, and effect you placed. the synth also fits nicely in the mix, nice and wide. listening on krk 5's. you're doing good!!

Man youre one of the first people that’s acknowledged all the subtle details I put into my work. Put a ton of work into this track. Trying to get that melody I played to sound vintage and unique. Really appreciate your listen bro. Thanks for the quality feedback. The feedback I’ve gotten here on this is track is wildly different so I wasn’t sure how to fix or improve the track. Your comments helped to clarify some of the things mentioned aren’t problems but maybe opinion or preference

Last edited:
What up bro?!?! Beat gotta drop in sooner. Drums gotta be louder than the melody... I'm listening to this on the shittiest speakers possible and I can hear your 808. Thats a blessing! It could be louder though. DRIVE that thing through the mix... Melodies are beautiful... Sound selection is beautiful. Keep working on your mixes and youll be among the Gods bro.

Respect

Preciate the listen and quality feed my guy! Appreciate you!

Respect

preciate your quality feedback bro, I went back and brought the drums in sooner and actually sped up the bpm. and thank you means a lot really been working investing time.

Back