Old School Rap Beat Feed for Feed(Feedback within 1 day)

Working on this for a placement submission and the deadline is soon. I feel like it's done. Please tell me 1 thing you like and 1 thing you didn't like and why(this the most important part tbh). Drop you links and reply back within a day. Thanks for listening:

Something I liked: the samples (I'm assuming they're samples?) all work really nicely together. The sinister piano line and the strings mesh particularly well, gives the track a real feeling of atmosphere.

Something you could do even better: I think the drums could do with a little work. They're not bad but I'd lower the reverb on your snare a touch and would look at switching them up a bit in places, they don't seem to change until the very end. If you get as creative with the drums as you have with the other instruments, this will be a brilliant beat.

Would appreciate it if you could check my thread out in return; My first ever release, 'Jaguar' - will return all feedback in detail

I like the vinyl crackle you did a good job of not making it overwhelming but it's still very present. I like the slight variations in the samples too.

I personally like the snare. Everything else has that specific boom bap feel and maybe the verb is your touch on it. If anything I would turn it down or compress everything together a little more but like thats entirely preference. Maybe add some panning action with anything that isn't drum and bass. Overall it sounds polished though and I think if you submitted it how it is you wouldn't have any problems and although theres always polishing to do....be wary of too much polishing lol here's my most recent one Isaiah Rashad / T.D.E. Type Beat by Sleepy Wizard | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Love the sampling on this track. And the atmosphere you’ve created. Dope work. I too would take the reverb down on the snare but that’s just how I like my snares. Reverb just baaaarely there but enough to make it feel a little more wide. Nothing much else to critique dope beat clean mix. I like he subtle effects
like the scratching and the vinyl

the snare counts I guess as the one thing I didn’t like

Heres my thread for feedback thanks!

Back