Thread: Old school hiphop (not jazzy) style beat

Thanks

Old school hiphop (not jazzy) style beat

Sign in to disable this ad
    I made an old school hiphop beat but it's not the typical jazzy style you associate with it... I think next I'm gonna try do a west coast one with that wierd whistle sound they use. This beat isn't sampled (except for the rain.)

Any feedback is welcome on how i can improve it.

Listen to Night Mission inspired by masta ace by Nearmusicbeats #np on #SoundCloud
    Night Mission inspired by masta ace by Nearmusicbeats | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks
    Honestly, this is just a personal preference, but I think the drums could be a bit harder. However, the drum pattern is perfect. Pianos are always good in hip-hop. And using rain is a genius idea!

I love it when producers go unconventional like that, like when JPEGMafia did that weird mouth thing for one of his songs.

Thanks
    I don't know who jpegmafia is, but I'm definitely going to check him out now. To be honest, i hear static/street sound in a lot of lofi chillhop anyway so i was wondering if it could work for this, and it's alright but i think the rain sounds are a tad too loud.. this beat was a pain in the ass cos the bass was too loud, and i felt like the piano was too loud and the snare was too harsh, but now, after eporting, you can barely hear the hihats and the bass is nonexistant.

Thread Information