No more mainstream. Real hip hop!! F4F

First of all, just some words of encouragement. I'd definitely recommend staying true to yourself creatively, especially if you want to reach true success. I've always thought that I'd rather fail as myself than succeed as a false version of me. Also, as someone who has tried in the past to conform to mainstream shit, I find I'm much more satisfied with the tracks I let myself experiment with instead of trying to stay in a specific mold. No one likes to hear the same stuff over and over again anyway, so good on you for getting back to your roots.

As for the beat, it vibes real hard. I like the percussion pattern. That triplet in the hi hat pattern really does it for me. The sounds are real nice too, keep that shit up. Check me out when you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...receive-feedback/new-beat-rap-b-d-f4f-449510/

Thanks again everybody for the positive feedback and constructive criticism. I'll def keep those in mind.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

First of all, just some words of encouragement. I'd definitely recommend staying true to yourself creatively, especially if you want to reach true success. I've always thought that I'd rather fail as myself than succeed as a false version of me. Also, as someone who has tried in the past to conform to mainstream shit, I find I'm much more satisfied with the tracks I let myself experiment with instead of trying to stay in a specific mold. No one likes to hear the same stuff over and over again anyway, so good on you for getting back to your roots.

As for the beat, it vibes real hard. I like the percussion pattern. That triplet in the hi hat pattern really does it for me. The sounds are real nice too, keep that shit up. Check me out when you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...receive-feedback/new-beat-rap-b-d-f4f-449510/

I hear you bruh. I think most producers fall through that phase where they switch up their style to sound more of whats "Hot" in todays music so they can "be heard" faster. The problem is everyone's doing it. I did but now I feel like I wasted a couple years doing that shit. lol

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

peace!

- Good sample chop -- great vibe
- The drums give off a 90's southern feel -- i can see Big KRIT/UGK on this
- I would turn up the kick a little more and turn down the snare just down a notch as well just to balance everything out
- I like the simplicity of the beat as well
- Maybe some minor transition effects couldve helped as well

Please return the favour:

"SheDownForMe" (Drake-Type Beat) (ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!)

Thanks!

Back