Nipsey Hussle & Blanco feat. YG - L.A. Confidential (innovate remix)

innovate206

producer
sup world

been making a bunch of west coast remixes lately, been pretty fun

check out my latest, will always return feed

enjoy :cheers:

It's sick. That Guitar gives it a Rock sound. I personally would put a more boom-bap snare on top of that Clap.

word, appreciate the listen fam. tried it out layering snare and using one by itself when i was making it and this morning, still digging the solo clap more. just fills the air/frequency spectrum more to my liking for this track, gives it a certain swing/slap that a snare couldn't do here

Last edited:
I love that guitar man its really clean! The only problem is it sounds like the vocals are sitting right on top of the drums and 808. The kick and 808 bump in my speakers but i cant hear them that well if that make sense; theyre also not cutting through my headphones much. I think better gain-staging will help fix the problem, with eq. Again, the melody is dope, but it kinda makes the beat feel like its just looping. I wouldve tried putting a lowpass filter the horns and arp to separate the verses or dropping out one or the other for part of a verse. Hope to see more from you man.

thanks for the feed yo. factored in your comments and updated the track, definitely a step in the right direction imo

I believe the song overall is dope AF and id bump it in my car omw to work or just strolling through the hood.
In perspective though as stated above the vocals do sound a little too low or even with the instrumental itself(Idk if i explained it right) the advice about the low-pass to give a tad bit more variation etc is golden as well. Also man we are all learning and this is all trial & error i learn something new everyday and all i can say is the guitar sounds dope how you put it all together is dope and good job man keep working at it keep grinding!
Btw I followed you on SC as well (LykeWi$e)

I have nothing to say to this! It is just perfect. Nothing really wrong here, the way you laid the beat down is great and fits the vocals. Nothing wrong with the tempo either. Honestly this could have even been the original track hahahaah, great job man, gave you a like on soundcloud, keep it up! God Bless!

updated the track with some of the suggestions on here plus some feedback i got offline, i'm lovin the variety it added

thanks again for the feeds and the positive vibes y'all! teamwork makes the dream work

Back