New track with Abstract Rude & Casual of Hieroglyphics - F4F

The Funk Junkie

Just put out a new one with some of the biggest names I've worked with, super psyched on it. It was really difficult to get the bass, vocals, and other elements balanced right. I'm still not sure if it's all in line how it should be, I may end up making a small adjustment before I get hard copies (whenever in the future that may be...) so mixing advice would be appreciated, thanks guys!

as always, feed will be returned if you drop that link!!!!

www.facebook.com/thefunkjunkie

This production is really hot.

Love the sax solo.

It's a modulated sax, right?

Thanks man, I appreciate it. It's a sax going through a q-tron envelope filter pedal which gives it that nice wah. I did a lot of mixing after that of course but that's the bulk of the sound.

Damn bruh this is dope! Bruh you got a good collab going on your track too. I wish I had some artists to work with :( but damn great shit. I would say that the stutter effect sometimes sounds off tempo? It's weird, it may just be my brain processing the timing wrong. I would also say that the stuttered sample/synth is a bit too loud in the mix. Bring it down homie, it's supposed to be in the back ground. Your vocalists should take the majority of the foreground. The sax is also loud as hell in the mix, while the vocals are very settled. I think you should use the vocals as a baseline to compare the rest of your sounds. Bass line is strong and kicks are dope. Claps could be a little louder, and the percussion in general could use a little more compression to bring it out, or just make them louder. Solid track my homie. I genuinely enjoyed it.

Here's my thread! Lmk what you think!

Nice beat and raps.
Mix is on point. Crispy snare!
Dont know what you have with the bass.
It fits well. Maybe more punch on the kick.
Overall thats a nice club track.
The saxo sample is super dope.
You killed it man! Your production level is
very high.
Keep up the work!

This is awesome! Loving the production and rapping tons. That sax and sub are hot. I don't know what else to say besides the fact that it's really good and that you should keep going on making awesome stuff and working with others like this. Thanks for the feedback as well!

For a rough mix this track sounds very crisp, clean, and well polished. I think you did great work on the vocals as well. There's an artist I'm working with at the moment and it's the first time I'll be working with vocals. I've only got rough mixes at the moment but how do you typically go about mixing vocals into a track? I'm hoping to get them as clear as you've got them on this track

Quite different stuff, can imagine how much work you guys putted on this track. Beat sounds great to me, kick&clap fits greatly, jazzy elements fits nicely. Other percussion appears right. Voice is well recorded and they fit great for rapping btw. Mixing sounds balanced enough to me, perhaps would only turn a bit down the kind of synth bass volume. Hope to help, good to hear cool productions like this. Thanks for the feed

For a rough mix this track sounds very crisp, clean, and well polished. I think you did great work on the vocals as well. There's an artist I'm working with at the moment and it's the first time I'll be working with vocals. I've only got rough mixes at the moment but how do you typically go about mixing vocals into a track? I'm hoping to get them as clear as you've got them on this track

Unfortunately I really don't have any big secret to give away haha. I guess I would say the key for rap vocals is to de-ess and adjust breath sounds as carefully and cleanly as you can, then put on some fairly heavy compression. I treat all of my tracks separately that way, pan out the ad-libs and doubling, and then very slightly re-compress them into a bus track. That's about it, although I'll eq or whatever else if it seems necessary. Normally if you have a good clean take, 90% of it is good de-essing and carefully applying some heavy compression.

Here's a helpful link, although it might be information overload
https://theproaudiofiles.com/mixing-rap-vocals-part-3-compression/

Just put out a new one with some of the biggest names I've worked with, super psyched on it. It was really difficult to get the bass, vocals, and other elements balanced right. I'm still not sure if it's all in line how it should be, I may end up making a small adjustment before I get hard copies (whenever in the future that may be...) so mixing advice would be appreciated, thanks guys!

as always, feed will be returned if you drop that link!!!!

www.facebook.com/thefunkjunkie

That chopped vocal sample is slightly loud but everything else sounds great. Love the sax, bass line sounds dope. Vocals have good presence and sit on the beat well. Wouldn't change much here

Check out my latest:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...irty-south-etc/f4f-ballin-ayem-banger-531944/

Man, this song has a high level in all aspects and I can't stop listening to it, that sax just got me and the rap almost killed me, keep it up bro.

You have a new fan :0.

Dope voice and I'm especially you're rapping using such an experimental beat. Your flow is on point and the beat is really gorgeous. this is a really dope track - i can tell you worked very meticulously on this song.

thanks man, not me rapping but I'm glad you like the beat and overall sound

Man, this song has a high level in all aspects and I can't stop listening to it, that sax just got me and the rap almost killed me, keep it up bro.

You have a new fan :0.

Thanks man, it's greatly appreciated and I'm glad you're feeling it. I have a lot more music on the way coming up soon (next single release in a couple weeks here).

This is dope. Vocals may be a tad bit too loud. But the overall mix sounds clean on them. All the rappers sound dope. Flows are on point.

shit is flames bro!
quite a different type of song, really dope
mix sounds nice and clean to me.
cant really say anything else this is real good work! i enjoyed it

This song was great. How did you get Abstract and Casual, is that off the strength of networking or did they reach out to you?

I have very little to critique on the mix as I felt it was on point, not sure why post #5 felt it was too loud, it was just right to me. The sax was my favorite part of the beat and that vocal sample you flipped for the melody really glued everything together for me. Overall all your drums and sounds were very high quality.

Only thing that I would've changed is I would've done some trap-style hi hats rolls in the beat instead of the shaker thing that's going on. Just personal preference and a minor thing.

Can you drop me some feed back on my latest beat man?
Underground Rap beat, feed for feed

Back