New track with Abstract Rude & Casual of Hieroglyphics - F4F

yoooo how the fuck did u get casual on this tho :D
hiero one of my fav groups

This song was great. How did you get Abstract and Casual, is that off the strength of networking or did they reach out to you?

I have very little to critique on the mix as I felt it was on point, not sure why post #5 felt it was too loud, it was just right to me. The sax was my favorite part of the beat and that vocal sample you flipped for the melody really glued everything together for me. Overall all your drums and sounds were very high quality.

Only thing that I would've changed is I would've done some trap-style hi hats rolls in the beat instead of the shaker thing that's going on. Just personal preference and a minor thing.

Can you drop me some feed back on my latest beat man?
Underground Rap beat, feed for feed

I've opened for a bunch of west coast guys kinda in the same general circles (Myka 9, Murs, Opio, etc.) so that helped but honestly it all really came down to just writing a legit email with the goals of the project, a sample of my previous work, and of course an offer to pay them for their time. I'm a pretty small fish, they definitely didn't reach out to me first haha.

I thought about some hi-hat rolls but wanted to keep it nice and simple. Sometimes less is more and a lot of the other tracks on the upcoming project are pretty busy so I wanted to keep a little contrast.

PURE FIRE!!! Did you play everything on the beat or are there samples in there. Everything is on point man and the outro of the song if RIDICULOUS!!! No complaints here man nice track.

PURE FIRE!!! Did you play everything on the beat or are there samples in there. Everything is on point man and the outro of the song if RIDICULOUS!!! No complaints here man nice track.

Thanks man, the sax isn't me and the weird ambientish vocal thing is a super heavily chopped up and effect driven sample, the rest isn't sampled though. Although honestly, the song's so simplistic there's not too much to it beyond those two elements ha ha.

Back