New School | "TR-3B" | aLien

Thx for checking bro, I'm curious to know what your listening through that the bass sounds blown out. Before uploading I ran through three different platforms. Just curious if you don't mind, it will help me out. And I will check your beat out in a few when I get back to the studio.

Last edited:
alright, so the only way I was able to hear the distortion was on my phone. The distortion on my JBL studio monitor wasn't audible to me since they are made to pick up very low frequencies. That being said, I was able to conclude that my kick and sub were tangling with each other; in reference to "TomkillsJerry's" remark about the "blown-out" sub. So I EQ'd the kick a little more and used side chain compression to make my kick the attack for the sub to reduce the interference.

I also took "TomkillsJerry's" advice and re-configured the arrangement. I cut out two pre-choruses that may have been confusing and I also dropped the octave on one of the synths for better overall flow.

I appreciate any feedback.

If you're talking about the synth, I like it. It's supposed to be different. That's what I do. And the stutters sound on time to me, I don't know. It's in the eye of the beholder I guess

This slams right here...Very nice progressions throughout effect wise...one thing though the low end needs to be lower with the bass...not growling part of it..but the deep low end is trying to bust through..but other than that this is very creative and original good job

Back