New EP Chinese Funk, F4F

Pelle0809

Hi Guys,

I released my new EP called 'Chinese Funk' today. This project is fully created from samples and sounds i collected during my 6 month stay in China last year. I'd like to get some feedback on the overall vibe and feel of the EP and the structure, but if you only want to give feedback on one track that's fine too ofcourse. just let me know which track you listened to,

Check the project out here: https://pelle0809.bandcamp.com/album/chinese-funk

The mix is clean and the idea of Chinese funk is a pretty cool concept in itself. I liked the vibe of 47 swords

I can definitely notice the inspiration from your stay in China showcased in your EP. Mixing, arrangement, & sampling are all on par in my opinion. Out of the tracks, I really enjoyed Nanjing Trip (300000), the serene atmosphere of the track just puts me in another place. Keep up the fantastic work brother! If you can, check out a new track I released on soundcloud here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rap-type-beat-looking-improvement-f4f-508879/

Last edited:
Glad my brotha from another motha is back from China and was able to have a great experience and make music from it! I have your album playing while I pack for vacation and it's def nasty. First track reminds me of the score of the TV show Twin Peaks. These tracks remind me of some classic RZA and Wu Tang energy with a bit of Nujabes. My favorite joints have to be Shanghai Rain with that piano loop and then when the strings come in and Nanjing Trip with the acoustic guitar. You really have some great production and the transitions and filler music is on point. Def a classic album and we need to finally collab!

Last edited:
Glad my brotha from another motha is back from China and was able to have a great experience and make music from it! I have your album playing while I pack for vacation and it's def nasty. First track reminds me of the score of the TV show Twin Peaks. These tracks remind me of some classic RZA and Wu Tang energy with a bit of Nujabes. My favorite joints have to be Shanghai Rain with that piano loop and then when the strings come in and Nanjing Trip with the acoustic guitar. You really have some great production and the transitions and filler music is on point. Def a classic album and we need to finally collab!

Haha, yeah we really need to do that collab somedayXD

This is cool man. Really chill vibes on this EP. I think I would have liked to hear the drums bang a little more. I know you were probably going for the chill out vibe. Just my thoughts. I really enjoyed the intro on Nanjing Trip. The guitar was also nice on that track. Nice EP bro! Thanks for the feed earlier.

yo fam, i really like this tape.
it's really interesting how you balance such a smooth undertone with such sharp, interesting leads.
i agree with what was previously stated, reminds me a lot of RZA's work.
keep doing your thing man.

i think you'd also really like my recent beat tape:
F4F: Sounds from the Basement

Back