Neptunes Type Beat "Space Odd, I See" (f4f)

This definitely fits the Neptunes description. I really like that change/solo of the synth around the 2:00 minute mark. Mix sounds clean. Would love to hear someone sing over this.

drums pattern is pretty dope.. definitely the strong point of this beat, I think the snare shld be louder and stronger.. sounds like its not layered. the synth that comes in at around 2:00 is off I wld use a different chord forsure.. also the the beats gets very repetitive fast..
will say u captured the vibe of the neptunes just like a knockoff version of them lol. and that doesn't mean this trash it just means they're that good. overall a solid beat

heres mine if u wanna return feedback

Really digging' the honesty in here! Thank you for the feedback so far. It really helps!

@nvnetyeightkeys - yeah, the snare is not layered. I actually turned it down because i thought it was too loud lol. I'll see about beefing it up. And I'm assuming you mean "off" by not being off beat, but sounding off key in comparison to the rest of the music. Touche'. I actually like how odd it sounds tbh, but still dope to hear what other people hear. And you're damn right my beat is a knock off version of The Neptunes lol. I'll never make music the way they made theirs...

nvnetyeightkeys - Really dig the simplicity of this beat. Off top I really like the effect you used around the :33 mark. It sounded pretty dope on my speakers. I feel like your sound selection was pretty solid as well. Everything seemed to compliment everything else pretty well. And the Eq-ing was pretty on point. Nothing got in the way of anything. I would really like to hear this beat stretched out with vocals over it. Overall a pretty dope piece. Great work!

Thanks for your comment! Though I did say "Neptunes type beat" the only really thing I'd consider Neptunesish is the first half of the percussion

The chords are very cool, love the steady hihats as well, very simple but effective. The contrast between the haunted lead and the smooth keys are nice touch. Overall great beat, I personally would make the low end come in a little harder but that's just my ear man Ireally like how you caught that Neptunes vibe but still made it your own. Dope work ! I left a like and a comment, might follow you as well I kind of wanna hear more..

Make sure to visit my thread as well and let me know what you think, here's a link !

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...hter-days-f4f-guaranteed-535757/#post50048752

Thank you for all of your honest and constructive criticism! I definitely have some things in mind to change!

I am currently out of town until Monday, but I promise to return all feedback early next week.

Back