Need feedback on first beat! Plus some advice from the experts.

MysticMuzikPro

I'm thinking about jumpin into music production soon. And I heard that it's good to get some feedback from experienced beatmakers before you really dive in. I think the only area where I'm a little bit fuzzy is the whole "pre-mastering" debate. (You know, the idea that you should do a little bit of mastering on the beats you're trying to sell.)

First off, can someone explain how much "pre-mastering is necessary? (I seen some people say you should get the beat completely mastered vs. others who say just make the beat louder.)

Second, could you guys check out a beat I'm working on and tell me if it needs "pre-mastering" (and if so, tell me what is needs.)?

This is the beat you guys should listen to :

I'm mostly interested in your advice on mastering/pre-mastering and all that, but feel free to give feedback on the sound/melody and stuff if you want to.

Best thing to do is use youtube tutorials specific to the program your using to make beats with. This is what helps most, the rest is practice, analyze and repeat.

The dude above me nailed it. Practice, practice, practice. Read as much as you can, or watch as many tutorials as you can. Also listen to music you love and try to recreate the sounds you hear. You will just start to pick up techniques along the way as you become more familiar with your DAW or whatever you use to produce music.

You are pretty good if you just started out. This track is nice. I love the piano melody and the synths you used.

If you have any specific questions ask and I will try and help. Although I am not an expert in mastering.. Not even close hahaha

Check out my latest if you want and let me know what you think: One-Twenty (Need Some Help!!) Return all feedback

Theres just one thing the other guys havn't covered yet.
Get rid of the watermark vocal. Shit like that scattered around in a song is what's ruined many good tracks for me.

Thanks for the feedback guys. really appreciate it.

I just have a few questions.

1. Does the track have to be as loud as a finished master in order to get sales?(I've seen people saying this)

2. If so, whats the correct/best way to achieve this? a limiter??

To MasonEDM:

I've thought about whether the voice tag was a good idea or not. But I use it to protect the beat. Do you know any other ways to protect the track.

Last edited:
Back