Mycelial Cords - Shadow | Freddie Gibbs x Flatbush Zombies

I'm back with another one. A blend of electronica and some acoustic sounds. My goal was to make the bass more prominent (both kick and sub), let me know how that sounds. Drop links, I will return feed. Thanks!

I'm back with another one. A blend of electronica and some acoustic sounds. My goal was to make the bass more prominent (both kick and sub), let me know how that sounds. Drop links, I will return feed. Thanks!

Not really feelin this to be honest. The mix is good, just felt like the melodies don't have much soul.
I really don't understand your criticism on my beat when i compare it to your beat.

I felt like the bassline is kinda overruling the rest of the beat. I felt like it sounded kinda robotic. It does sound kinda spooky though.

Last edited:
I feel this beat quite abit, i like what you were going for, the structure of the beat is good imo

The only things i think need improving are firstly, the melody. It seems abit too quiet, it could cut through the beat a little bit more. And maybe some more variety considering the length of the beat.
Secondly, i think the bass could do with a bit of distortion, maybe a little bit of gritty high end to go with the vibe

could you drop some feedback on my track? zodat - gaze (Spacy instrumental) (F4F)

I'm gonna have to same as far as the melody goes. It's just overall pretty boring. It sounds crisp. It's not that it sounds bad in any way, it just doesn't sound great to me.
In my opinion the quality is up to par with something I could hear on a Flatbush track, it's just that nothing really intrigues me. Nothing really makes we want to keep listening.
I think I've heard some of your stuff in the past that I was really feeling, this just ain't it.
It's missing something. I don't think you really even need to take anything out. I would just add something that can give this some life.
Honest criticism can be a motherfucker but I wanna keep it real with you. Add something that'll make the listener want to keep listening.
Keep up the good work bro.

I appreciate that. To be honest, I didn't care that much about melody in this one, after I heard dope tracks with pretty much just 2/4 notes repeating, it's all down to an MC. Just like in jazz you can't play solos over a sax line just like here I played a pretty standard arp and put more effort into drums and background. Not saying that you're wrong but I feel that it can bang with a good MC and I want to let them breathe both rhythmically and melodically. Will definitely keep that in mind as I may realise that you're right later on. It's def boring as it is.

I also felt that bass may use some saturation after few listens, so good to hear it. Also, by "bassline is kinda overruling the rest of the beat" did mean that it's too loud or something else?

Thanks for your time guys!

beginning of the beat was a bit slow in the build up. The instruments sound a bit quiet in comparison to the drums. I like the cadence of the drums alot. its got a strange dark vibe. i could definitely hear flatbush on this.

Back