Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first ever release, 'Jaguar' - will return all feedback in detail

Thanks

My first ever release, 'Jaguar' - will return all feedback in detail

Sign in to disable this ad

I've been working on this for about 2.5 years and would love any feedback.

If you'd like an MP3 version, you can download it at kaytoo.bandcamp.com - it's set to 'pay what you like'.

I'll return any feedback, just drop your links. I'm not expecting everyone to listen to the whole thing, but you'd make my day if you did and it's not a long album.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kayjay748 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    First of all, the artwork is very eye catching and professional looking so good job with that. Second, as someone who's been playing guitar and piano since elementary school (I teach them as my job and play in a band too) the instrumentation you've picked is absolutely beautiful. Are you playing any of them anywhere on these tracks? Mix is on point too, with all the panning have you checked phase cancellation? Love doing the vintage voice samples, they can really tell a story and add flavor to the song. Also like the creativity with reversing drums as fills and whatnot in the second song. Would love to send you some instrumental samples for you to go crazy with <<<<

Thanks
    Really good and funky beat. I feel as if the instruments sound a bit thin/cool (not warm) though. Overall very nice vibe, keep at it!
    Wavvid - Desktop Tool for Windows and Mac to Create YouTube Videos from Photos and Music

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ihuntbears View Post
    First of all, the artwork is very eye catching and professional looking so good job with that. Second, as someone who's been playing guitar and piano since elementary school (I teach them as my job and play in a band too) the instrumentation you've picked is absolutely beautiful. Are you playing any of them anywhere on these tracks? Mix is on point too, with all the panning have you checked phase cancellation? Love doing the vintage voice samples, they can really tell a story and add flavor to the song. Also like the creativity with reversing drums as fills and whatnot in the second song. Would love to send you some instrumental samples for you to go crazy with <<<<
    Thank you so much, you have no idea how much I appreciate all of that. Most of it is made from samples (probably the beautiful bits you're talking about!) although I've added bits and pieces here and there. I really enjoy editing and layering up samples from totally different sources, I'm really inspired by DJ Shadow's early stuff. Mixing isn't my strong point to be honest, so I've really looked into phase cancellation, will be sure to do so though.

Please do send me some samples, always enjoy listening to new stuff! Thanks again for checking it out.

Thanks
    Hey bro, thanks for the feedback on my track earlier.

I listened to the first 2 tracks:
    Track 1: Excellent melody. The mix is solid, no complaints. The drum, which i assume is a break, have nice swing on them. There's nothing I'd improve honestly, just needs the right rapper over it. 5/5

Track 2 (which started around 2:19): Again, this sample was sick. Feel like I could hear Westside Gunn rapping over this. Your mixing/gain staging technique is very good. I wasn't feel the drums as much, especially the snare, i feel something harder hitting would been better. 3/5
    Last edited by Prince Danny the One; 05-10-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks
    Wow, 2.5 years is a long time. I can tell you that the hard work really payed off. All that time has made this really polished. Love the mix on these tracks. Great sound selection from the drums and instrumentation. Chill stuff.

My beat.
    F4F - Dirt - Returning all Feedback

Thanks
    This is excellent,man..and well worth the time and effort you've invested in creating these tracks,great job on the sound of the production, too ..dope stuff,keep up the good work!

I'll also tag your account over on Soundcloud dude.. .

Beats:

Here We Are One Time (Album Mix) | Danswift

Danswift | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks
    oh this my type of shit right hur....

excellent work, dude. really, truly oustanding. I loved everything on here. great vibes, great textures, and as someone who likes instrumentation I gotta say the choices here were expertly executed. this will be a mainstay on my playlist for sure, well done

give my track here a listen when you can, it's also quite instrumentally driven:

[F4F] To The Ends Of This World - #hypeaf #godliusone #lmaowtfisanoisegate
    Last edited by MedliusOne; 05-13-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danswift View Post
    This is excellent,man..and well worth the time and effort you've invested in creating these tracks,great job on the sound of the production, too ..dope stuff,keep up the good work!

I'll also tag your account over on Soundcloud dude.. .

Beats:

Here We Are One Time (Album Mix) | Danswift

Danswift | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    Thank you, much appreciated!

I checked your album out and it's brilliant, I'm really impressed. The drum breaks and vocal samples gave me massive DJ Shadow vibes and I'm a huge fan of his. The guitar plucks at the start of Live at the Getaway Driver's Convention was my favourite part, very reminiscent of RJD2. I can't really give any constructive critique, there's nothing that stood out as being a problem. Excellent job!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MedliusOne View Post
    oh this my type of shit right hur....

excellent work, dude. really, truly oustanding. I loved everything on here. great vibes, great textures, and as someone who likes instrumentation I gotta say the choices here were expertly executed. this will be a mainstay on my playlist for sure, well done

give my track here a listen when you can, it's also quite instrumentally driven:

[F4F] To The Ends Of This World - #hypeaf #godliusone #lmaowtfisanoisegate
    Ah thanks, really glad you enjoyed it. If you want to grab a high quality version, head to kaytoomusic.com - you can download an HQ MP3 copy rather than having to stream it on YouTube in low quality.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kayjay748 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information