My first beat with a rapper on it.

Hi guys, I have been working with a rapper from Atlanta for a while now. He found one of my beats on my youtube channel and sent me a demo he recorded. I felt like it had potential so we both kept working on it to make it better.

Since I had some recording equipment, I invited him to visit (never met him in person before or even talked to him on the phone) And in about a week he booked his flight to California and crashed at my place. He was only here for a weekend but in that time we recorded the song and shot a music video for it.

I made the beat, mixed/mastered, directed the music video, shot a few scenes, and edited the video. I wanted to know what you guys think of the overall song. Any feed back is greatly appreciated, and if you have a few seconds can I ask you to leave a comment on the video please?

I like the beat it really stays interesting, with enough changes throughout the duration of the song to keep your attenion, also the mix sounds very clean but I personally don't fell the rapper at all which keeps me from enjoying the song as a whole. Nontheless I wish you success.

This is very well done from a production standpoint, both audio and visually. Mixed very well, although I wasn't feeling the hook, I thought the emcees bars were on point both flow and delivery. I peeped out your YouTube and I dig that perfect dark track. If you wouldn't mind I would like to lay some lyrics to it. Hit me up at eightyohms@gmail.com check out my soundcloud ShatteredScreamsMusic

Peace

This is very well done from a production standpoint, both audio and visually. Mixed very well, although I wasn't feeling the hook, I thought the emcees bars were on point both flow and delivery. I peeped out your YouTube and I dig that perfect dark track. If you wouldn't mind I would like to lay some lyrics to it. Hit me up at eightyohms@gmail.com check out my soundcloud ShatteredScreamsMusic

Peace

Hey bro thanks for the feed back I really appreciate it. Bro I don't mind at all, you can download the beat for free on my site http://kontactrecords.com/product/dark-trap-type-beat-perfect-dark/ (for demo/testing purposes) After you lay down the lyrics send it over, I am interested to see what you can do with it.

I was willing to write off this rapper as ruining the track but once he actually started rapping and stopped with the sing song type shit he was listenable (0:40-0:50). Good production regardless.

Whoa. Lit. Your production and video/editing skills are really good. If I were to give any feedback it would be more to do with the video actually. It seems the shadows on the artist are a bit too light and look unrealistic in the car and fire scenes. Both the scenes with the girl and reflection over the rapper with the dark background are perfect though. Just my opinion, but if that's the style you were going for it's dope.

Back